• Please log in to reply
98 replies to this topic

#61 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 07:00 PM

I spoke to Franzen today. I told him that his job was to dog Hossa's every step when the latter is on the ice, and to outperform him in every way in the offensive zone.

#62 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,612 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 08:56 PM

1-0 Hossa so far....Hossa has also be a huge threat almost everytime he was on the ice....I have noticed Franzen a few times, so he is doing pretty well too, he just needs the rest of his team to step it up some so he can try to equal Hossa's goal...

Still hoping for a Wings win!

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

Aww You Mad Bro? Are You Butt Hurt?

#63 Joeyhodge

Joeyhodge

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 84 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 09:24 PM

Well this thread's topic has been answered mostly by evidence of game 1

#64 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,609 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 09:39 PM

At least Franzen doesn't dive like a coward. 

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#65 brett

brett

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,974 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 09:40 PM

im pretty sure franzen does his fair share of diving 

so far hossa > franzen in the offense
and hossa > franzen defense hossa made a few badass defensive plays

Edited by brett, 15 May 2013 - 09:41 PM.

#66 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

• Silver Booster
  • 8,612 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 09:48 PM

Johan, buddy, if you want to score, you have to shoot the puck on the net. You still got time...

www.thinkdunes.com

#67 ami

ami

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 760 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 09:59 PM

hossa sells cheap for those who buys (Pollock?), Mule does it with class.

so I'd take the animal over the sl*t.

Edited by ami, 15 May 2013 - 09:59 PM.

#68 gcom007

gcom007

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,079 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 10:04 PM

Anyone who ever thought it was a good idea to keep Franzen over Hossa was and always will be out of their minds. Even at his best, Franzen is a one-dimensional player. Hossa brought you all the offensive upside and more that Franzen at his best brings (let's hope "brings" is still the proper word, but "brought" is probably more appropriate at this point...), and on top of that he's great in the defensive zone and one of the hardest workers on the ice every night, which is a great example for the younger players. It was absolutely insane that Holland prioritized Franzen over Hossa.

Holland should've done all that was necessary to keep both Franzen and Hossa, and don't give me the "not enough cap room" crap, he absolutely could've done more to clear space. But he was afraid to for the same reasons that lead to him prioritizing Franzen in the first place; he's too sentimental (or something...) on guys that have been with the team longer. Sure, it would've hurt our depth a bit, but we ended up losing some of the guys we prioritized over Hossa anyways, and the new depth guys we signed would've been able to be signed even after signing Hossa.

Now more than ever, when you have a chance to lock up a guy like Hossa, a guy who could be a legitimate franchise player on most teams in this league, you do it. And to think, we were trying to sign Parise at what, $9 million last summer when we could've had Hossa for around $5 million. It still just makes me sick and is one of the many reasons I still question Holland's ability to manage this team well in the cap era. 

Edited by gcom007, 15 May 2013 - 10:06 PM.

-Elliot...does not panic.

#69 Z and D for the C

Z and D for the C

This is the TBL forum, right?

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,026 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 10:42 PM

Diving requires work.

Just cause you look like the gimp don't mean you play like the gimp!

#70 Carman

Carman

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 5,114 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 06:56 AM

Holland should've done all that was necessary to keep both Franzen and Hossa, and don't give me the "not enough cap room" crap, he absolutely could've done more to clear space. But he was afraid to for the same reasons that lead to him prioritizing Franzen in the first place; he's too sentimental (or something...) on guys that have been with the team longer. Sure, it would've hurt our depth a bit, but we ended up losing some of the guys we prioritized over Hossa anyways, and the new depth guys we signed would've been able to be signed even after signing Hossa.

I completely agree with you on Hossa's ability. But look back to 08-09 and 09-10. It's wasn't depth that stopped Holland from going after both, it was the pay raise of Zetterberg 2.6 million the year with Hossa to 6 million. If Holland knew he would lose Rafalski's 6 million in another year there is no doubt he would have done more, but you can't predict a retirement like that.

Hossa only fit onto that 08-09 team because of Zetterberg's contract of 2.6 million. Zetterberg needed his raise more so than the wings needed Hossa, and after that. I really wish Holland could have found a way to keep them both, but in reality I understand the circumstance, and the decision he made wasn't akin to trading for Kessel.

Edited by Carman, 16 May 2013 - 06:57 AM.

#71 GoalieManPat

GoalieManPat

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,364 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 07:01 AM

Hossa was diving for the rebound not to get a call. All on the ref for a terrible call there. Watch it again he is launching forward well before any contact. 

And Franzen would have to work hard and beat a player to get in the position to dive. Thats a rarity. 

#72 Joeyhodge

Joeyhodge

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 84 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 02:10 PM

Well this thread's topic has been answered mostly by evidence of game 1

I stand corrected for the time being. Nice shot mule !!!

#73 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,609 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 03:09 PM

Anyone who ever thought it was a good idea to keep Franzen over Hossa was and always will be out of their minds. Even at his best, Franzen is a one-dimensional player. Hossa brought you all the offensive upside and more that Franzen at his best brings (let's hope "brings" is still the proper word, but "brought" is probably more appropriate at this point...), and on top of that he's great in the defensive zone and one of the hardest workers on the ice every night, which is a great example for the younger players. It was absolutely insane that Holland prioritized Franzen over Hossa.

Now more than ever, when you have a chance to lock up a guy like Hossa, a guy who could be a legitimate franchise player on most teams in this league, you do it. And to think, we were trying to sign Parise at what, $9 million last summer when we could've had Hossa for around $5 million. It still just makes me sick and is one of the many reasons I still question Holland's ability to manage this team well in the cap era. 

What makes you think Hossa would have signed for $5 million? 

"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#74 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,609 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 03:27 PM

hossa sells cheap for those who buys (Pollock?), Mule does it with class.

so I'd take the animal over the sl*t.

mEPxkYD.gif

#75 Joeyhodge

Joeyhodge

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 84 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 04:00 PM

mEPxkYD.gif

I cracked up when I saw this on live TV. Haha babs knows what's up with Maryanne

#76 T.Low

T.Low

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,906 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 04:04 PM

Is there really a chance the Hawks need to buy out Hos Or is it just speculation?

#77 ogreslayer

ogreslayer

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,959 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 04:07 PM

Is there really a chance the Hawks need to buy out Hos Or is it just speculation?

As of now, the Blackhawks have 21 players signed for next year & projected cap space of a little over $2m.  There might be a chance if they want any cap flexibility at all & also get rid of the risk of carrying cap hit for him if he retires early under the new CBA.  

#78 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,609 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 04:19 PM

I doubt he gets bought out. 

:lol:

@WorldofIsaa

R.I.P. Marian Hossa who was shot in the first period of today's Wings-Hawks game. pic.twitter.com/NZ8811XDQh

BKkJEkXCYAAPW_7.jpg

#79 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

• Silver Booster
  • 8,612 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 04:22 PM

Did Hossa get a penalty for that?

www.thinkdunes.com

#80 Manny>Ozzie(by a long shot)

Manny>Ozzie(by a long shot)

Starting Goaltender

• PipPipPipPip
  • 850 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 07:36 PM

What makes you think Hossa would have signed for $5 million? 

Because he did...
[ Image violated Forum Guidelines. Please use images sixed 400x100 pixels or smaller. ]

Just playin Chris, you know I love you!

lilja is an icelandic pony
lilja is an average high girl with blond hair and very sexy
lilja is about the sweetest kitten we have raised here
lilja is the comatose victim of a questionable accident