#1 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,182 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 07:39 AM

Link http://www.htmlgoodi...ous-manner.html

My thoughts are as follows:

Well done Adobe, after destroying Macromedia and therefore flash (what a bugfest after you've bought it) now the next genius move just wow. I am sure, people are thrilled having to logon to a server in order to get their work done AND pay you a monthly fee for it, what a joke your company has become. The SaaS (software as a service) concept is nothing more than a big fat lie and a money grab, hopefully this idea will be gone soon.

I hate the cloud, hopefully in a few years this crap will be gone, not willing to logon into a company-servers just to get things done. Microsoft is trying the same with Office 365 and it flopped hard.

And of course they are killing Fireworks the best GIF Animation tool but whatever, f*** you Adobe.

kftx.jpg

The Offseason of truth ...

Welcome to hockeytown Jonas aka Lundquist 2 Gustavsson!

blank cheque for The Captain or Jim Star Nil please..

#2 Jedi

Jedi

In this town of Halloween...

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 9,817 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 08:42 AM

Pretty certain I've spent more time updating Adobe products than actually using them...

y4m8.png
"Come with us and you will see, this our town of Halloween..."

#3 MabusIncarnate

MabusIncarnate

The Truth Is Out There

• Silver Booster Mod
  • 2,230 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 05:30 PM

Weak. If this is the case I still better be able to use my already purchased version of Photoshop as it sits. If all of a sudden i'm charged monthly to use a program I already paid a LOT of money for i'm done with it. I really hope if they go this route that it only affects future purchases and not existing ones.

13585921555_24551f5658.jpg

#4 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,182 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 05:54 AM

Weak. If this is the case I still better be able to use my already purchased version of Photoshop as it sits. If all of a sudden i'm charged monthly to use a program I already paid a LOT of money for i'm done with it. I really hope if they go this route that it only affects future purchases and not existing ones.

I've read somewhere that it will only affect future releases but none the less it is justa stupid move. So in order to use this program nowadays and be creative, people are REQUIRED to have internet everywhere, just a stupid decision in my mind. I mean, I know why they are doing it, people didn't upgrade often enough but guess what? Thats Adobes own damn fault, charge less for an upgrade or provide a real upgrade as of now there is not that much difference, between CS2 and CS 6.

Also what happens if people are stopping to pay for the subscription can they still open psd files? Muist be a nightmare for designers, I guess this decision will haunt them in the longterm lets see what Corel Draw has to offer in the future.

Guess I have to stick with my ps 5 forever but doesn't matter it is a great product and I don't need all those "fancy community" features Adobe is advertising with their stupid cloud > all  mojo, screw them.

kftx.jpg

The Offseason of truth ...

Welcome to hockeytown Jonas aka Lundquist 2 Gustavsson!

blank cheque for The Captain or Jim Star Nil please..

#5 MabusIncarnate

MabusIncarnate

The Truth Is Out There

• Silver Booster Mod
  • 2,230 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 04:48 AM

It's similar to the "always online" concept they are considering for future consoles. It would eliminate the preowned game market and make your console a useless brick unless you had it connected to the internet. I don't like that idea either but it comes down to losses from piracy, it's always a way to detect if the software (or game) you are using belongs to you and you are the original owner which I can understand to a point considering the losses a company takes from internet piracy but there's gotta be a better way to go about it.

13585921555_24551f5658.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users