• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

WCSF Game 1 GDT : Red Wings 1 at Blackhawks 4, (CHI leads series 1-0)

Rate this topic

Wait, Sammy is out and we're putting Emmerton in over Tootoo? Does Babcock just not like hitting the opposing teams D? Lord knows that Chicago is going to pound ours.

Can somebody tell me why we even signed Tootoo. Does he carry the equipment, or is that Ian White's job?

This is my only complaint...give the guy some ice and see how he handles the playoffs. Hell, he brought his game all season and ramped it up that final week.

I dont see how he isnt in for at least a game and what better time than game 1 against a team that will bang the piss out of us!!

Wait, Sammy is out and we're putting Emmerton in over Tootoo? Does Babcock just not like hitting the opposing teams D? Lord knows that Chicago is going to pound ours.

Can somebody tell me why we even signed Tootoo. Does he carry the equipment, or is that Ian White's job?

Couldn't agree more. I just can't come up with a possible reason why Tootoo has been a healthy scratch in every playoff game so far. His style of play is actually suited more for playoff hockey than reg season hockey, yet every game he sits and watches... And what's even more frustrating is worthless Dan Cleary not only gets to play every night, he get to play on our 2nd line??? I swear to God I love Babcock, but in this instance I can't even begin to wrap my head around why he would play an inferior player over a player that gives us a better chance to win

I would rather Sammy have those 6 shifts then Emmerton. I like the Mule with Pavs and Abby, I really hope Z and Fil can get Clears going here because if he's going to play top 6 the guy has to produce, period. The kid line will have their hands full tonight and the Bert should be feeling better out there so hopefully he'll make the Hawks feel his presence! Close game here 4-3 WINGS

Cleary has been a beast in front of the net, especially the last couple games. Even if he isn't putting up many points, he has been very valuable on that line

Couldn't agree more. I just can't come up with a possible reason why Tootoo has been a healthy scratch in every playoff game so far. His style of play is actually suited more for playoff hockey than reg season hockey, yet every game he sits and watches... And what's even more frustrating is worthless Dan Cleary not only gets to play every night, he get to play on our 2nd line??? I swear to God I love Babcock, but in this instance I can't even begin to wrap my head around why he would play an inferior player over a player that gives us a better chance to win

Nashville did the same thing to him last year. Bet he's glad he signed here now... almost 4 mil for 2 years to sit in the stands and eat whales.

Looks like no Stalberg tonight. getting car bomb instead. pretty soft coaching from the looks of it.

Hawks are going to take us lightly. Just a gut feeling.

So ESPN Chicago just Melrose on and during that they claimed that Stalberg bitched about being moved off top PP line and what is his role on team and I guess Q wants to make sure he knows who is boss. I guess Q thinks they can take us without the superior talent, why does he think they will need any Carcillo toughness against us? He thinks he can give his guys lessons while in the middle of a playoff series to make sure he is on track for future games? Give me a break, respect your opponent and play your best players. I hope they come out flat for 3 periods tonight.

Only thing I can think is Babs feels he may get a little excited and take dumb penalties....but Q and cleary take 2 dumb ones a peice each game.

Sorry to keep repeating it but I much rather have Tootoo in the box for roughing boarding or charging than a another hook or interferance by our D.

I generally agree with Tootoo being in the lineup for an energy burst by providing hitting, but he is just not an offensive threat; Cory is quicker and works better with a line of Bert and Pat, a line of 17-22-44 wouldn't work and the first three lines have been working so should not be juggled. Wings need scoring chances from places other than the first two lines if they want a shot at winning. IMO. And there's always the shake up potential for later in the series if they need someone like Toots for a spark.

But yeah, there have been times where I think we'd be better off rotating five D and having someone like Tootoo in the lineup instead. Defense is such a rollercoaster to watch.

Go Wings

I have tremendous respect for the blackhawks. Who I have zero respect for is their fans. I have never seen a fanbase so concerned with cheering about how much a team "sucks", then actually cheering on their own team. The wings score a goal and it's not "lets go hawks" it's "detroit sucks".

Avalanche fans are pretty bad too, even when their team is terrible :lol:

Cleary has been a beast in front of the net, especially the last couple games. Even if he isn't putting up many points, he has been very valuable on that line

You are correct, in this case I just feel Mule-Fil-Clears was a horrid combo. It's not Clearys fault that the two big sluggers on that line had zero chemistry...but now he has Fil and Z, time will tell now. he seemed to be gaining a bit of steam so we shall see. Nothing I would love to see more is "Clutch Clears" again!

Well I'm just about to go upstairs and give the beard its post round 1 trim.

This enables the Wings to win 14-3, led by Datsyuk's goal and 13 assists. Franzen, ever streaky, with all 13 goals. Leftwinger's head explodes trying to comprehend Franzen v Hossa.

What?! No trimming allowed!

So Coach Q had some insight on Stalberg:

Blackhawks coach Joel Quenneville was vague on why he scratched Viktor Stalberg, the speedy third-line winger. He had no goals and one assist in five games in the first round against Minnesota.

"I had a conversation with him. He knows how it stands,'' Quenneville said. "The situation is what … we’ll leave it at that.''

Asked if Stalberg might return later in the series, Quenneville said, "Things change in our business quickly, whether it’s health or decisions based on play. We’ll visit that as we go along.''

Nice how Ansar Kahn is saying Jimmy is leaving early because of hamstring issues. Thanks for letting the world know Ansar.

You're talking about Yesterday, right? Or did he re-flare it up today during the morning skate?

Why does the media have to say anything. Just STFU about anything that could lead anyone to believe there is an injury to one of our guys. Grrrrrr

They are beat writers. Isn't it what they get paid to do? They don't work for DRW.

Steal game 1 and watch the Hawks implode. The pressure is heavily on their shoulders. Also, funny that Quennville is playing Carcillo over Stalberg. A dumb, penalty machine over a good hockey player? Please Q, keep making these moves it's one of the reasons you've never beaten the Wings in the post season.

Take advantage of their rust, wings. Just do eeet. Win!!!

If ever there was a series for Jimmy to steal, this is it. s***, now he has hammy issues? Where's that Floating Mike Babcock?