• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

WCSF Game 1 GDT : Red Wings 1 at Blackhawks 4, (CHI leads series 1-0)

Rate this topic

Cleary has been a beast in front of the net, especially the last couple games. Even if he isn't putting up many points, he has been very valuable on that line

Exactly. Cleary had a very strong series against Anaheim. He is by no means inferior to Jordin Tootoo. That's nothing against Tootoo, but he's a 4th liner that hits people. Despite Cleary's injuries taking a toll on him physically, he battles still and was an asset to that second line. Five points was more than either Franzen or Filppula too in the first round, so I don't quite see why people are still fuming over Cleary's play. He was fine and played his role perfectly well.

Mike - Thanks again for your talented work on these. And the photo of Vladdy pretty much gives it the final, exquisite touch. Can we use the word "exquisite" here? Hell yes, when it comes to Deetroit hockey and Vladimir Konsantinov.

GO, DETROIT RED WINGS!!! KICK SOUTH SIDE BUTT!

Yeeeeaaaahhhhh. That should be a fairly called game. (trying to remove finger from throat) And we'll probably get the very same totally impartial group in Detroit too, huh. (Hell with it. Puking as I write.)

Guest Crymson

I will yet again be on a plane headed in the other direction this time. Should be able to catch the last period, I'm really hoping we can steal one of these games in Chicago! LGW!

Many airlines have satellite TV available.

Well, go wings. I have little hope for this series, but any wins will be a surprise to me. I think the hawks win in 4 or 5, just given how good they are.

I HOPE I AM WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I will be in chat guys, join up at game time! It's fun!

I generally agree with Tootoo being in the lineup for an energy burst by providing hitting, but he is just not an offensive threat; Cory is quicker and works better with a line of Bert and Pat, a line of 17-22-44 wouldn't work and the first three lines have been working so should not be juggled. Wings need scoring chances from places other than the first two lines if they want a shot at winning. IMO. And there's always the shake up potential for later in the series if they need someone like Toots for a spark.

But yeah, there have been times where I think we'd be better off rotating five D and having someone like Tootoo in the lineup instead. Defense is such a rollercoaster to watch.

Go Wings

Emmerton was also doing well on penalty kills. Please let that continue, oh hockey gods. And I agree that Tootoo is not an offensive threat. And we sure as hell don't need penalties against these speed demons.

Exactly. Cleary had a very strong series against Anaheim. He is by no means inferior to Jordin Tootoo. That's nothing against Tootoo, but he's a 4th liner that hits people. Despite Cleary's injuries taking a toll on him physically, he battles still and was an asset to that second line. Five points was more than either Franzen or Filppula too in the first round, so I don't quite see why people are still fuming over Cleary's play. He was fine and played his role perfectly well.

^^THIS^^

Doesn't matter. If you're writing and promoting this team then STFU about anything that could hinder them.

Agreed. There is this whole, unending thing where all writers do not suffer the consequences for lies,or stupid, ill-timed statements. He coulda gone a month without laying that out there.

Anybody else remember Woody Paige ripping the crap out of a team (was it hockey? was it football?)? that was going to play 'his' Denver team. Whoever it was beat the team bloody. He even apologized as a recall. THAT was the exception to the rule. :glare:

If Cleary plays like he did in the Ananheim he is nothing but an asset to this team. He played hard, cleared pucks, went to the net, took a lot of crap and abuse. I want that Cleary, not the regular season Cleary.