• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

WCSF Game 1 GDT : Red Wings 1 at Blackhawks 4, (CHI leads series 1-0)

Rate this topic

Before series is done I'm gonna punch at least 4 hawks in face.. Starting with prick Sharp. What's with the fist pump 4-1 empty net douchebag.

I hope somebody spears him in the crotch just like he did to Lids in '09

ok perhaps that's a bit harsh, but I do hope something bad happens to him out there

Can't win them all...I am not a Hawks fan by far, but even when Bowman was here, we had some playoff poops after dominating the regular season. Just seems like since Bowman went there to work with his son, the Hawks have been where we used to be every year...on top of the league.

His son is an idiot. He only looks good because they lucked out and got dumb and dumber in successive drafts and that wasn't even his doing. If there ever was a blueprint for being handed an easy situation then this is it.

Same, I am out here too. They want to be us. And now all they talk about is how they are good and crying that Wings are moving east and they can't dominate us for the next X number of years. Little brother syndrome.

Exactly. And call me crazy but I think this wings team is gonna be very scary as early as next year. Gonna be a top 5-7 team in the league next year in my opinion.

As good as Howie has been, it would have really sucked to have lost the game soley because of that bone headed move with him futzing around with the puck behind his own net.

You mean him trying to pin it to the net to get a faceoff like every netminder in the league does? Chicago, like they did all night, worked hard and got in and disrupted it. Play still would have happened whether Jimmy went for the puck.

If we had to lose, I am glad we lost 4-1 instead of 3-2.

As good as Howie has been, it would have really sucked to have lost the game soley because of that bone headed move with him futzing around with the puck behind his own net.

Howie was good tonight, but those first 2 goals he let in were weak by his standards. They were not softies, but he has shown he is capable of making those saves. he'll come out next game and prove it. The wings need to minimize their turnovers, and just shoot the damn puck. The PP needs to be better, they had 3 chances to take the lead and failed. If they score on one of those it's a completely different game.

Smith looked better as the game went on but he just is always on the wrong side of plays that turn into a goal against. He made a good defensive play on the 2 on 1. I think we will have to stomach him more.

Cleary could have changed the outcome of this game on both sides of the puck. He should sit. I don't care what role he plays or how big his heart is. He flat out screwed up and costed us. He is a "veteran" and should understand sometimes the game can come down to how well 1 player plays in a game. He probably remembers that now. Absolute garbage.

Howard has been playing some of his best so far. Our D has not given him enough support.

We flat out sucked. Disgusting. We need to make major adjustments. This might as well have been a blowout considering how 1 sided the majority of this game was. It is good to see the suck ass reffing hasn't gone anywhere with a lot of noncalls on some obvious penalties and offsides. I know I'm crying about it but wow it can be sickening at times. Get your sh!t together Red Wings, find your skates, sticks, balls, and heart and come back to play hockey. We can make this series a battle.

God I hate living in Illinois....the douchebaggery here is off the charts.

Same here...my phone blew up about 10 seconds after the empty netter with friends trying to razz me...sadly none of them knew of hockey until June 2010.

Maybe I need new friends :confused:

I've defended Cleary all playoffs, but that goal the Swedish black dude scored was on him. He was sleeping on the point there.

Don't think he should sit, though. Maybe Bertuzzi should get promoted to a higher line? He doesn't seem like a 4th line guy to me.

Edited by GMRwings1983

Howie was good tonight, but those first 2 goals he let in were weak by his standards. They were not softies, but he has shown he is capable of making those saves. he'll come out next game and prove it. The wings need to minimize their turnovers, and just shoot the damn puck. The PP needs to be better, they had 3 chances to take the lead and failed. If they score on one of those it's a completely different game.

A quick one timer from the slot to the upper corner by one of the top snipers in the league and perfect shot off the post from a man left wide open between the circles is considered weak? Good lord people.

Embarrassing display in the 3rd period.

I thought the Hawks would blitz us in this series, so I'm not surprised. But it was still disturbing and pathetic to watch.

Young legs move fast. And they're skilled. they lost Byfuglien, Ladd and Versteeg and reloaded with Leddy, Saad, Shaw and Bickell. They only had 1 down year after winning the Cup and now they're lethal as f*** again. Leddy is pretty much as good as Keith now. Thank god we're moving East next year, cause the Hawks are gonna stay good and the BJ's are gonna be something to keep an eye on 1 or 2 years from now.

I've defended Cleary all playoffs, but that goal the Swedish black dude scored was on him. He was sleeping on the point there.

Don't think he should sit, though. Maybe Bertuzzi should get promoted to a higher line? He doesn't seem like a 4th line guy to me.

Hey people were looking for others to help out along the boards. Cleary obviously reads the forums.

I'm willing to make a wager with Fat Guy in a Maltby Jersey.

If the Wings get swept, as he predicts ... I will never post in this forum again. If they don't ... he leaves forever.

I'll even wager $100 to the charity of his choice on it.

Edited by stillwater

The wings need to minimize their turnovers, and just shoot the damn puck. The PP needs to be better, they had 3 chances to take the lead and failed. If they score on one of those it's a completely different game.

Agreed 100%.

And to the guy who said they would have scored that third one in the same fashion at the same time regardless of whether Howie got his stick caught up back there or not, come on, lets take off the homer glasses and get real.... The only reason they scored that one was because Howie had his stick caught up back there and thus couldn't get around in time to make the save.

Same here...my phone blew up about 10 seconds after the empty netter with friends trying to razz me...sadly none of them knew of hockey until June 2010.

Maybe I need new friends :confused:

I live in NW Indiana (Valpo) and I got about 10 texts and then Facebook blew up! At least on FB I can "approve" posts. Of course I deleted all of them!!!