Photo
* * * * * 4 votes

WCSF Game 1 GDT : Red Wings 1 at Blackhawks 4, (CHI leads series 1-0)

• Please log in to reply
810 replies to this topic

#41 Seraph

Seraph

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,142 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 12:11 PM

It's all gravy from here on out. It would be so sweet indeed if we took this game against the heavily favored Blackhawks!! It's been such a pleasure watching us grow this year. I really like our team.

Formerly known as The Nephilim.

QUOTE (Amberoonie)
Babs sure hurries himself into the presser, sits down, and f*cks up a bottle of water like no one in the room has had any for days.

#42 13dangledangle

13dangledangle

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,795 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 12:13 PM

Im sure we'll miss Sammy and his 6 shifts a game

I would rather Sammy have those 6 shifts then Emmerton.   I like the Mule with Pavs and Abby, I really hope Z and Fil can get Clears going here because if he's going to play top 6 the guy has to produce, period.  The kid line will have their hands full tonight and the Bert should be feeling better out there so hopefully he'll make the Hawks feel his presence!   Close game here 4-3 WINGS

....Ladies and Gentlemen Jimmy "F%$*ing" Howard.

#43 beachwing

beachwing

Reader

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,253 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 12:14 PM

I sure would like to see #22 flying around tonight!

#44 GoWings1905

GoWings1905

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 5,226 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 12:16 PM

Went to the Tigers game last night. Very loud "Let's Go Red Wings!" chant on the concourse when everyone was leaving. 

Everything about this matchup says Chicago should win the series. More skilled, better depth, stronger defense. That's the fun part in of all this though is that for once nobody expects the Red Wings to advance. I think they have a slight shot, but it's going to require a split in Chicago and a continuation of the star players taking over games. Regardless of the outcome, I am just going to enjoy the ride. This team is still playing hockey and that's a treat in itself. The playoff experience for the young players going forward will be invaluable. 

Let's do this. Go Wings!

"To whom much is given, much is expected."

#45 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,183 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 12:26 PM

we get emerick, edzo and pierre!

http://www.sbnation....by-day-tv-guide

So more or less mute the hockey game, watch it on one tv and play Defiance on the other.  Done and done! 

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

#46 TheDetroitRedWings

TheDetroitRedWings

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,196 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 12:27 PM

It's nice going into a series with absolutely no pressure. Whereas playing the Ducks there was a lot of pressure considering how well we played them during the season. And heck, most of the experts picked Detroit in 6 against the Ducks as well. But this series almost everyone is picking Chicago (and truly I don't blame them). Especially with the way Crawford always plays against us. But at this point the only thing that could really bum me out is if we get swept. Otherwise no matter how this series goes us Wings fans have to be proud of what this team did, in spite of everything we went through this year.

And on top of it all, we still have quite a few million dollars to spend this offseason, so we're surely going to be even better next season! The future is extremely bright for the Wings. I definitely see our playoff streak continuing for many more years to come

12041887825_d4b1d5c02f_o.jpg

#47 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,183 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 12:37 PM

I would rather Sammy have those 6 shifts then Emmerton.   I like the Mule with Pavs and Abby, I really hope Z and Fil can get Clears going here because if he's going to play top 6 the guy has to produce, period.  The kid line will have their hands full tonight and the Bert should be feeling better out there so hopefully he'll make the Hawks feel his presence!   Close game here 4-3 WINGS

Flip-Z-Tuzzi looks way better than having Cleary on there.  Put Cleary on the 4th line. 

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

#48 St. Michael (the Red Wing)

St. Michael (the Red Wing)

Heavenly With the Puck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,822 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 12:40 PM

If we could steal this game.

HUGE for us obviously

LET'S GO WINGS!!!

#49 Hairy Lime

Hairy Lime

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 12:44 PM

Wait, Sammy is out and we're putting Emmerton in over Tootoo? Does Babcock just not like hitting the opposing teams D? Lord knows that Chicago is going to pound ours.

Can somebody tell me why we even signed Tootoo. Does he carry the equipment, or is that Ian White's job?  

#50 wingslogo19

wingslogo19

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,234 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 12:46 PM

Hawks are going to take us lightly. Just a gut feeling.

IPB Image

#51 beachwing

beachwing

Reader

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,253 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 12:52 PM

Wait, Sammy is out and we're putting Emmerton in over Tootoo? Does Babcock just not like hitting the opposing teams D? Lord knows that Chicago is going to pound ours.

Can somebody tell me why we even signed Tootoo. Does he carry the equipment, or is that Ian White's job?  

This is my only complaint...give the guy some ice and see how he handles the playoffs. Hell, he brought his game all season and ramped it up that final week.

I dont see how he isnt in for at least a game and what better time than game 1 against a team that will bang the piss out of us!!

#52 TheDetroitRedWings

TheDetroitRedWings

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,196 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 12:52 PM

Couldn't agree more. I just can't come up with a possible reason why Tootoo has been a healthy scratch in every playoff game so far. His style of play is actually suited more for playoff hockey than reg season hockey, yet every game he sits and watches... And what's even more frustrating is worthless Dan Cleary not only gets to play every night, he get to play on our 2nd line??? I swear to God I love Babcock, but in this instance I can't even begin to wrap my head around why he would play an inferior player over a player that gives us a better chance to win

12041887825_d4b1d5c02f_o.jpg

#53 marcaractac

marcaractac

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,324 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 12:54 PM

Cleary has been a beast in front of the net, especially the last couple games. Even if he isn't putting up many points, he has been very valuable on that line

#54 T.Low

T.Low

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,897 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 12:58 PM

with last change, how will chicago want to match up lines?

#55 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,183 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 12:58 PM

Couldn't agree more. I just can't come up with a possible reason why Tootoo has been a healthy scratch in every playoff game so far. His style of play is actually suited more for playoff hockey than reg season hockey, yet every game he sits and watches... And what's even more frustrating is worthless Dan Cleary not only gets to play every night, he get to play on our 2nd line??? I swear to God I love Babcock, but in this instance I can't even begin to wrap my head around why he would play an inferior player over a player that gives us a better chance to win

Nashville did the same thing to him last year.  Bet he's glad he signed here now...  almost 4 mil for 2 years to sit in the stands and eat whales.

#56 Rhah

Rhah

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 502 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 01:03 PM

Looks like no Stalberg tonight. getting car bomb instead. pretty soft coaching from the looks of it.

Hawks are going to take us lightly. Just a gut feeling.

So ESPN Chicago just Melrose on and during that they claimed that Stalberg bitched about being moved off top PP line and what is his role on team and I guess Q wants to make sure he knows who is boss. I guess Q thinks they can take us without the superior talent, why does he think they will need any Carcillo toughness against us? He thinks he can give his guys lessons while in the middle of a playoff series to make sure he is on track for future games? Give me a break, respect your opponent and play your best players. I hope they come out flat for 3 periods tonight.

#57 beachwing

beachwing

Reader

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,253 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 01:05 PM

Only thing I can think is Babs feels he may get a little excited and take dumb penalties....but Q and cleary take 2 dumb ones a peice each game.

Sorry to keep repeating it but I much rather have Tootoo in the box for roughing boarding or charging than a another hook or interferance by our D.

#58 Ram

Ram

Goose

• Bronze Booster
  • 757 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 01:42 PM

I generally agree with Tootoo being in the lineup for an energy burst by providing hitting, but he is just not an offensive threat; Cory is quicker and works better with a line of Bert and Pat, a line of 17-22-44 wouldn't work and the first three lines have been working so should not be juggled. Wings need scoring chances from places other than the first two lines if they want a shot at winning. IMO. And there's always the shake up potential for later in the series if they need someone like Toots for a spark.

But yeah, there have been times where I think we'd be better off rotating five D and having someone like Tootoo in the lineup instead. Defense is such a rollercoaster to watch.

Go Wings

"Hey @Datsyuk13 really bro? On my bday...cmonnnn.. Someone fix that ice in the corner.." - @logancouture

#59 13dangledangle

13dangledangle

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,795 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 01:42 PM

So more or less mute the hockey game, watch it on one tv and play Defiance on the other.  Done and done! 

Mute the game and put *The Ticket on

....Ladies and Gentlemen Jimmy "F%$*ing" Howard.

#60 Wing-in-avs-town

Wing-in-avs-town

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 714 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 01:45 PM

I have tremendous respect for the blackhawks. Who I have zero respect for is their fans. I have never seen a fanbase so concerned with cheering about how much a team "sucks", then actually cheering on their own team. The wings score a goal and it's not "lets go hawks" it's "detroit sucks".

Avalanche fans are pretty bad too, even when their team is terrible  :lol:

The early bird may get the worm, but it's the 2nd mouse that gets the cheese.