Photo
* * * * * 4 votes

WCSF Game 1 GDT : Red Wings 1 at Blackhawks 4, (CHI leads series 1-0)

• Please log in to reply
810 replies to this topic

#701 8 Legged RedWing

8 Legged RedWing

Arms... Legs... Whatever.

• Bronze Booster
  • 1,276 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 09:43 PM

The Wings will play better in the next game for sure. The next game is another "must win" pretty much and we have seen how this team plays when that is the case.

#702 joesuffP

joesuffP

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,925 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 09:43 PM

Wings didn't feel like working hard today. Lots of standing around waiting for a pass instead of supporting the puck

#703 MTU_Huskies963

MTU_Huskies963

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,810 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 09:44 PM

Sorry to burst your bubble, I'm not trying to be a d***, but the Blackhawks are way, way better than the Ducks.

and the wings are way way better than they played tonight.

#704 sleepwalker

sleepwalker

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,057 posts

If we had to lose, I am glad we lost 4-1 instead of 3-2. 

As good as Howie has been, it would have really sucked to have lost the game soley because of that bone headed move with him futzing around with the puck behind his own net.

#705 ami

ami

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 760 posts

well, it is one game. wings gave it hawks for free.

#706 kylee

kylee

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,453 posts

I feel ya buddy, they have no class out here, I mean act like you've been there before. All those beat Detroit chants are hilarious I just take it as respect because they're so desperate to be us but they'll never be.

Chicago is great now sure, but the Red Wings have been a solid team for over 20+ years. Years and years of being among the worst team in the league builds up an inferiority complex.

#707 Rhah

Rhah

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 502 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 09:45 PM

I feel ya buddy, they have no class out here, I mean act like you've been there before. All those beat Detroit chants are hilarious I just take it as respect because they're so desperate to be us but they'll never be.

Same, I am out here too. They want to be us. And now all they talk about is how they are good and crying that Wings are moving east and they can't dominate us for the next X number of years. Little brother syndrome.

#708 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,178 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 09:46 PM

Wings play better in matinee games.  Saturday we get the split. 

Free darkmanx!

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

#709 Rhah

Rhah

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 502 posts

Chicago is great now sure, but the Red Wings have been a solid team for over 20+ years. Years and years of being among the worst team in the league builds up an inferiority complex.

It really is amazing that Detroit has stayed good for 20 years while at best having middle 1st round draft picks. Chicago got to reload after their good teams in the early 90s and build this with some great young talent.

#710 Wing-in-avs-town

Wing-in-avs-town

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 714 posts

why are we flying home after this game

seems odd

Because they will be home in a couple of hours. Why spend a couple of days on the road if you don't have too.

The early bird may get the worm, but it's the 2nd mouse that gets the cheese.

#711 datterberg1340

datterberg1340

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,361 posts

Before series is done I'm gonna punch at least 4 hawks in face.. Starting with prick Sharp. What's with the fist pump 4-1 empty net douchebag.

I hope somebody spears him in the crotch just like he did to Lids in '09

ok perhaps that's a bit harsh, but I do hope something bad happens to him out there

#712 Rhah

Rhah

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 502 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 09:48 PM

Talking up Sharp in post game interview? WTF, it was an empty netter where he was cherry picking at our blue line.

#713 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,178 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 09:48 PM

I hope somebody spears him in the crotch just like he did to Lids in '09

ok perhaps that's a bit harsh, but I do hope something bad happens to him out there

Being from Texas I figured you'd just go with branding Hawks suck on his forehead or something.

Free darkmanx!

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

#714 MotorCityMadness

MotorCityMadness

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,578 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 09:49 PM

Can't win them all...I am not a Hawks fan by far, but even when Bowman was here, we had some playoff poops after dominating the regular season. Just seems like since Bowman went there to work with his son, the Hawks have been where we used to be every year...on top of the league.

His son is an idiot. He only looks good because they lucked out and got dumb and dumber in successive drafts and that wasn't even his doing. If there ever was a blueprint for being handed an easy situation then this is it. 

HEY HEY HOCKEYTOWN!

#715 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,582 posts

Uh....did he just say that since Dec. 2010, the Hawks are 13-1-2 against the Wings? Sheesh...let's turn that around boys, SOON!

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

#716 datterberg1340

datterberg1340

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,361 posts

Being from Texas I figured you'd just go with branding Hawks suck on his forehead or something.

yeah that'd work, too, pardner ;)

#717 Nyquistfan14

Nyquistfan14

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,090 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 09:50 PM

Same, I am out here too. They want to be us. And now all they talk about is how they are good and crying that Wings are moving east and they can't dominate us for the next X number of years. Little brother syndrome.

Exactly. And call me crazy but I think this wings team is gonna be very scary as early as next year. Gonna be a top 5-7 team in the league next year in my opinion.

#718 Hockeymom1960

Hockeymom1960

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,218 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 09:51 PM

Watch we'll outplay and win on Saturday and get to listen to Edzo whine or shut right up.

#719 GoalieManPat

GoalieManPat

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,363 posts

As good as Howie has been, it would have really sucked to have lost the game soley because of that bone headed move with him futzing around with the puck behind his own net.

You mean him trying to pin it to the net to get a faceoff like every netminder in the league does? Chicago, like they did all night, worked hard and got in and disrupted it. Play still would have happened whether Jimmy went for the puck.

#720 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,656 posts

Embarrassing display in the 3rd period.  

I thought the Hawks would blitz us in this series, so I'm not surprised.  But it was still disturbing and pathetic to watch.

According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.