Photo
* * * * * 4 votes

WCSF Game 1 GDT : Red Wings 1 at Blackhawks 4, (CHI leads series 1-0)

• Please log in to reply
810 replies to this topic

#721 MTU_Huskies963

MTU_Huskies963

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,695 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 09:52 PM

If we had to lose, I am glad we lost 4-1 instead of 3-2. 

As good as Howie has been, it would have really sucked to have lost the game soley because of that bone headed move with him futzing around with the puck behind his own net.

Howie was good tonight, but those first 2 goals he let in were weak by his standards. They were not softies, but he has shown he is capable of making those saves. he'll come out next game and prove it. The wings need to minimize their turnovers, and just shoot the damn puck. The PP needs to be better, they had 3 chances to take the lead and failed. If they score on one of those it's a completely different game.

#722 RedLightGoesOn

RedLightGoesOn

Playoff Ice...if you know what I mean

• PipPipPipPip
  • 815 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 09:52 PM

Smith looked better as the game went on but he just is always on the wrong side of plays that turn into a goal against. He made a good defensive play on the 2 on 1. I think we will have to stomach him more.

Cleary could have changed the outcome of this game on both sides of the puck. He should sit. I don't care what role he plays or how big his heart is. He flat out screwed up and costed us. He is a "veteran" and should understand sometimes the game can come down to how well 1 player plays in a game. He probably remembers that now. Absolute garbage.

Howard has been playing some of his best so far. Our D has not given him enough support.

We flat out sucked. Disgusting. We need to make major adjustments. This might as well have been a blowout considering how 1 sided the majority of this game was. It is good to see the suck ass reffing hasn't gone anywhere with a lot of noncalls on some obvious penalties and offsides. I know I'm crying about it but wow it can be sickening at times. Get your s*** together Red Wings, find your skates, sticks, balls, and heart and come back to play hockey. We can make this series a battle.

40 for life.

#723 MotorCityMadness

MotorCityMadness

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,543 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 09:53 PM

God I hate living in Illinois....the douchebaggery here is off the charts.

Same here...my phone blew up about 10 seconds after the empty netter with friends trying to razz me...sadly none of them knew of hockey until June 2010. 

Maybe I need new friends  :confused:

HEY HEY HOCKEYTOWN!

#724 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,159 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 09:54 PM

I've defended Cleary all playoffs, but that goal the Swedish black dude scored was on him.  He was sleeping on the point there.

Don't think he should sit, though.  Maybe Bertuzzi should get promoted to a higher line?  He doesn't seem like a 4th line guy to me.  

Edited by GMRwings1983, 15 May 2013 - 09:54 PM.

According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#725 stillwater

stillwater

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 829 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 09:54 PM

It's just one game. You gotta win 4.

#726 GoalieManPat

GoalieManPat

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,254 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 09:56 PM

Howie was good tonight, but those first 2 goals he let in were weak by his standards. They were not softies, but he has shown he is capable of making those saves. he'll come out next game and prove it. The wings need to minimize their turnovers, and just shoot the damn puck. The PP needs to be better, they had 3 chances to take the lead and failed. If they score on one of those it's a completely different game.

A quick one timer from the slot to the upper corner by one of the top snipers in the league and perfect shot off the post from a man left wide open between the circles is considered weak? Good lord people. 

#727 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

GooZe! Z Jr. ~ Acting Captain

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,012 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 09:57 PM

Embarrassing display in the 3rd period.  

I thought the Hawks would blitz us in this series, so I'm not surprised.  But it was still disturbing and pathetic to watch.

Young legs move fast.  And they're skilled.  they lost Byfuglien, Ladd and Versteeg and reloaded with Leddy, Saad, Shaw and Bickell.  They only had 1 down year after winning the Cup and now they're lethal as f*** again.  Leddy is pretty much as good as Keith now.  Thank god we're moving East next year, cause the Hawks are gonna stay good and the BJ's are gonna be something to keep an eye on 1 or 2 years from now.  

This offseason will determine whether Ken Holland should still be employed with the Wings organization.

Please put Smith on the Power Play!

#728 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,159 posts

And how come Corey Crawford always play well against us?

Another chump we've made into some hero.  

#729 MTU_Huskies963

MTU_Huskies963

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,695 posts

I've defended Cleary all playoffs, but that goal the Swedish black dude scored was on him.  He was sleeping on the point there.

Don't think he should sit, though.  Maybe Bertuzzi should get promoted to a higher line?  He doesn't seem like a 4th line guy to me.  

Hey people were looking for others to help out along the boards. Cleary obviously reads the forums.

#730 stillwater

stillwater

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 829 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 09:58 PM

I'm willing to make a wager with Fat Guy in a Maltby Jersey.

If the Wings get swept, as he predicts ... I will never post in this forum again. If they don't ... he leaves forever.

I'll even wager $100 to the charity of his choice on it.

Edited by stillwater, 15 May 2013 - 09:58 PM.

#731 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,159 posts

Hey people were looking for others to help out along the boards. Cleary obviously reads the forums.

Better than he reads plays.   ;)

#732 djv19

djv19

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 279 posts

Boy not having Samuelson really hurt us tonite.

Ha. OK carry on

#733 sleepwalker

sleepwalker

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,048 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 10:00 PM

The wings need to minimize their turnovers, and just shoot the damn puck. The PP needs to be better, they had 3 chances to take the lead and failed. If they score on one of those it's a completely different game.

Agreed 100%.

And to the guy who said they would have scored that third one in the same fashion at the same time regardless of whether Howie got his stick caught up back there or not, come on, lets take off the homer glasses and get real....  The only reason they scored that one was because Howie had his stick caught up back there and thus couldn't get around in time to make the save.

#734 Up Against the Boards

Up Against the Boards

Jr. Prospect

• 26 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 10:03 PM

Same here...my phone blew up about 10 seconds after the empty netter with friends trying to razz me...sadly none of them knew of hockey until June 2010. 

Maybe I need new friends  :confused:

I live in NW Indiana (Valpo) and I got about 10 texts and then Facebook blew up!  At least on FB I can "approve" posts.  Of course I deleted all of them!!!

#735 AtomicPunk

AtomicPunk

Nobody rules these streets at night like me...

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,982 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 10:03 PM

That was one of the most heartless, passionless, gutless playoff performances I've ever seen from the Wings. Sleepwalking. Somebody better wake them up and tell them the series started.

I am a victim of the science age...the underground.

Feed the Swede! - RETIRED 2012

#736 MTU_Huskies963

MTU_Huskies963

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,695 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 10:04 PM

Anyone else notice the increase in forechecking by the hawks as the game went on? They could see that the wings were turnover prone, and just increased the pressure.

#737 GoalieManPat

GoalieManPat

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,254 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 10:06 PM

And to the guy who said they would have scored that third one in the same fashion at the same time regardless of whether Howie got his stick caught up back there or not, come on, lets take off the homer glasses and get real....  The only reason they scored that one was because Howie had his stick caught up back there and thus couldn't get around in time to make the save.

Puck gets stuck on the side of the net what do 95% of goaltenders do? They put there stick or glove over it to freeze it and get a faceoff which is what Howard was trying to do. He wasnt trying to flip it off the net like the idiot Edzo was saying. Chicago got in and broke it up and was able to get it out front. Its a perfect example of them out-skating and wanting it more than the Wings. Not homer goggles just what happened. 

#738 MotorCityMadness

MotorCityMadness

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,543 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 10:09 PM

I live in NW Indiana (Valpo) and I got about 10 texts and then Facebook blew up!  At least on FB I can "approve" posts.  Of course I deleted all of them!!!

As you should...I get a little razzing if its warranted, but when it comes from those who as I said did not even know what hockey was until June 2010 then I don't even bother to waste my time to give them a response.

HEY HEY HOCKEYTOWN!

#739 Yak19

Yak19

-Playmaker Elite-

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,836 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 10:10 PM

I would usually rip the Wings for a performance like this... 20 minutes of pretty good play followed by the laziest 40 minutes i have seen in a while but I know they are much better and the team from games 6 and 7 against the Ducks was not the team that played tonight. This was just a matter of the Hawks being fresh and the Wings being very tired off of a long 1st round series.

To be honest wasn't even impressed with the Hawks considering how bad the Wings played. That game looked like a regular season game. Wings looked better in that 4-0 loss to the Ducks.

Edited by Yak19, 15 May 2013 - 10:23 PM.

#740 MabusIncarnate

MabusIncarnate

The Truth Is Out There

• Silver Booster Mod
  • 2,027 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 10:12 PM

Just need to bring a winning attitude into game 2, plain and simple. Bring effort, energy and drive to win. That didn't happen tonight, but they have shown they are capable of bringing that to the playoffs this year. It needs to happen and happen fast.

13585921555_24551f5658.jpg