Photo
* * * * * 4 votes

WCSF Game 1 GDT : Red Wings 1 at Blackhawks 4, (CHI leads series 1-0)

• Please log in to reply
810 replies to this topic

#81 TheXym

TheXym

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,459 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 05:48 PM

Missing the first 2 periods due to band rehearsal for a huge gig this weekend. Got the DVR going, and I'll be checking the score between songs. Let's Go Wings!
It's pronounced "Zim" not "Exim". Aw heck with it, just call me Scott.

#82 TSD

TSD

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 66 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 05:55 PM

Good luck Wings fans (kinda).  Hope this playoff series is one for the history books.

Man I havent signed into this site since the 06/07 season. 

#83 Vladifan

Vladifan

Legend

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,759 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 05:55 PM

we get emerick, edzo and pierre!

http://www.sbnation....by-day-tv-guide

Yeeeeaaaahhhhh. That should be a fairly called game. (trying to remove finger from throat) And we'll probably get the very same totally impartial group in Detroit too, huh. (Hell with it. Puking as I write.)

"He even ate with women who at that time were accorded the same status as the family donkey. Are we willing to break bread with, say, child sex slaves, transgender teens and undocumented workers? Because when Jesus comes back to Earth, that's where he'll be hanging."
You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him.

#84 Jersey Wing

Jersey Wing

Watching Eastern Conference hockey before it was cool...

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,072 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 05:57 PM

Never trust a city that can be outwitted by, and burned down by a cow.

Just sayin'

Detroit; Bringing class and honor back to the Eastern Conference since 2013

14361232487_e1fbf33701.jpg

#85 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 06:09 PM

I will yet again be on a plane headed in the other direction this time. Should be able to catch the last period, I'm really hoping we can steal one of these games in Chicago! LGW!

Many airlines have satellite TV available.

#86 Jersey Wing

Jersey Wing

Watching Eastern Conference hockey before it was cool...

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,072 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 06:13 PM

Hey Hawks fans:

Wayne Messmer SUCKS!

Detroit; Bringing class and honor back to the Eastern Conference since 2013

14361232487_e1fbf33701.jpg

#87 Firehawk

Firehawk

Don't Touch My Pop

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,857 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 06:19 PM

Well, go wings.  I have little hope for this series, but any wins will be a surprise to me.  I think the hawks win in 4 or 5, just given how good they are. 

I HOPE I AM WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I will be in chat guys, join up at game time!  It's fun!

U GUYS ARE FUKIN ANYOING IM GONNA COME DOWN THERE AND KILL ALL YALL THE ONLY THING THAT SAVED UR TEAM WAS OSGOOD AND OSSGOOD SUKS 2 JUST LIKE UR WHOLE FUKIN TEAM I HOPE U HEARD THIS AND THINK CAUSE ALL I GOT TO SAY TO U IS UR A BUNCH OF FUKIN IDIOTS BARONS A HOOSER CUSE HE WENT TO UR TEAM AND I HOPE U GUYS SHOULD SEND UR TEAM TO ANOTHER CITY CAUSE U GUYS ARE A BUNCH OF FUKIN WHINERS GO CANUCKS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! --- A canucks fan on stltoday.com

This was so funny I had to set it as my sig.

#88 DeGraa55

DeGraa55

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,464 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 06:23 PM

Wings better follow griffins. Up 2-0 8 mins in.

#89 Hockeymom1960

Hockeymom1960

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,215 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 06:29 PM

Yeeeeaaaahhhhh. That should be a fairly called game. (trying to remove finger from throat) And we'll probably get the very same totally impartial group in Detroit too, huh. (Hell with it. Puking as I write.)

Lovely....bastards :evil:

#90 kylee

kylee

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,452 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 06:30 PM

Let's see the Wings continue to surprise the pundits, lets go!

#91 Vladifan

Vladifan

Legend

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,759 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 06:36 PM

I generally agree with Tootoo being in the lineup for an energy burst by providing hitting, but he is just not an offensive threat; Cory is quicker and works better with a line of Bert and Pat, a line of 17-22-44 wouldn't work and the first three lines have been working so should not be juggled. Wings need scoring chances from places other than the first two lines if they want a shot at winning. IMO. And there's always the shake up potential for later in the series if they need someone like Toots for a spark.

But yeah, there have been times where I think we'd be better off rotating five D and having someone like Tootoo in the lineup instead. Defense is such a rollercoaster to watch.

Go Wings

Emmerton was also doing well on penalty kills.  Please let that continue, oh hockey gods.  And I agree that Tootoo is not an offensive threat.  And we sure as hell don't need penalties against these speed demons.

"He even ate with women who at that time were accorded the same status as the family donkey. Are we willing to break bread with, say, child sex slaves, transgender teens and undocumented workers? Because when Jesus comes back to Earth, that's where he'll be hanging."
You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him.

#92 arag

arag

1st Line Sniper

• HoF Booster
  • 751 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 06:37 PM

MUST WIN MUST WIN MUST WIN Go Wings !

#93 Vladifan

Vladifan

Legend

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,759 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 06:40 PM

Exactly. Cleary had a very strong series against Anaheim. He is by no means inferior to Jordin Tootoo. That's nothing against Tootoo, but he's a 4th liner that hits people. Despite Cleary's injuries taking a toll on him physically, he battles still and was an asset to that second line. Five points was more than either Franzen or Filppula too in the first round, so I don't quite see why people are still fuming over Cleary's play. He was fine and played his role perfectly well.

^^THIS^^

#94 Hockeymom1960

Hockeymom1960

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,215 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 06:41 PM

They are beat writers. Isn't it what they get paid to do? They don't work for DRW.

Doesn't matter.  If you're writing and promoting this team then STFU about anything that could hinder them.

#95 Vladifan

Vladifan

Legend

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,759 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 06:47 PM

Doesn't matter.  If you're writing and promoting this team then STFU about anything that could hinder them.

Agreed.  There is this whole, unending thing where all writers do not suffer the consequences for lies,or stupid, ill-timed statements.  He coulda gone a month without laying that out there.

Anybody else remember Woody Paige ripping the crap out of a team (was it hockey?  was it football?)?  that was going to play 'his' Denver team.  Whoever it was beat the team bloody.  He even apologized as a recall.  THAT was the exception to the rule.   :glare:

#96 puckbags

puckbags

The Future

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,600 posts
  • Location:Cobble Hill, BC, Canada ( 2,522 Miles from the Joe)

Posted 15 May 2013 - 06:52 PM

Exactly. Cleary had a very strong series against Anaheim. He is by no means inferior to Jordin Tootoo. That's nothing against Tootoo, but he's a 4th liner that hits people. Despite Cleary's injuries taking a toll on him physically, he battles still and was an asset to that second line. Five points was more than either Franzen or Filppula too in the first round, so I don't quite see why people are still fuming over Cleary's play. He was fine and played his role perfectly well.

If Cleary plays like he did in the Ananheim he is nothing but an asset to this team. He played hard, cleared pucks, went to the net, took a lot of crap and abuse.  I want that Cleary, not the regular season Cleary. 

"Hard Work Beats Talent When Talent Refuses to Work Hard"

LGW after 1 loss is irrational, after a few in a row it becomes quite comical, 22 playoff appearances in a row and 4 cups in that time and still going strong. Relaxxxxx !!

#97 derblaueClaus

derblaueClaus

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 825 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 06:56 PM

Ate Toblerone Ice Cream after Dinner : Check !

Sitting on an IKEA Chair : Check !

Alright I've done everthing like I did in Game 7 against Anaheim. Now its time for the boys to follow my example. Let's GO Wings !

"I'd have my **** out if I scored four goals. Id have my **** out, stroking it." - "Jumbo" Joe Thornton

Monsterblue.jpg

Thanks MabusIncarnate

#98 Salviaman

Salviaman

Tool + Red Wings = Bliss

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,284 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 06:57 PM

Here we go

Think for yourself. Question authority. Throughout human history as our species has faced the frightening, terrorizing fact that we do not know who we are or where we are going in this ocean of chance, it has been the authorities, the political, the religious, the educational authorities who attempted to comfort us by giving us order, rules, regulations, informing, forming in our minds their view of reality. To think for yourself you must question authority and learn how to put yourself in a state of vulnerable, open mindedness, chaotic, confused vulnerability to inform yourself.

#99 MTU_Huskies963

MTU_Huskies963

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,810 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 07:00 PM

Place your imaginary bets! When will the first detroit sucks chant start?

#100 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,600 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 07:01 PM

Who is ready? 

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman