• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
dat's sick

Bergeron, Datsyuk, Toews finalists for Selke

Rate this topic

Bergeron's nomination is justified, but I don't think he has a chance of winning this year considering his point production compared to Pav and Toews and the fact that those two tied for league lead in takeaways.

So with all the black and white stats being relatively equal, does Pav win the award by playing with "lesser" talent?

The +/- statistic is a complete joke for comparing defensive ability. The "-" is all that should matter. The stat should be broken down into "+" and "-", as adding the numbers together removes all useful information. The "+" part shouldn't matter at all for the Norris or Selke.

Not being a homer, but Datsyuk deserves this trophy. When you watch the way the takes pucks away from opponents, shuts them down, tenaciously backchecks like someone just took something he OWNED, I've never seen anyone do it better. Consistently amazed by how hard he works.

REALISTICALLY speaking.. Datsyuk is the clear winner since the category is "best defensive forward". I mean if you watch some of the clips he's way better than Toews and Bergeron. But, knowing the NHL, and all the other extraneous crap they consider, they might give it to Toews as his +/- stat is better and also this would be his first time to win it and Pasha already has 3. I don't think Bergeron would get this due to lesser stats compared to Toews and Pav.

Guest The Axe

Dats is the best defensive forward in the game. Every NHLer would say that. But the voters will choose Toews.

As much as I hate the Hawks, I simply can't hate Toews this guy has Yzerman 2 written all over him, so clutch, never any scandals and just leading by example. Let us all hope Wirts is being cheap on him and Toews is going to hit the open market come two years from now.

As much as I hate the Hawks, I simply can't hate Toews this guy has Yzerman 2 written all over him, so clutch, never any scandals and just leading by example. Let us all hope Wirts is being cheap on him and Toews is going to hit the open market come two years from now.

Good simple kid too. When the Hawks won the Cup, he was riding around Winnipeg with the Cup on the bus. That's some funny stuff.

Dats is the best defensive forward in the game. Every NHLer would say that. But the voters will choose Toews.

This is how it should be....If Dats signs the 7 year extension you want him to, carve his name in the Selke 8 times to include this year, leave it at the Joe and we'll return it when Dats retires. That is unless Helm decides it's his turn to win it if he goes full Draper with a 30 goal season and insane D.