• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
DatsyukPwnz13

Babs confident Datsyuk will stay

Rate this topic

Dats' deal is done. Babs spilled the beans.

Www.theaxesaidso.com/Datsyuk/contracttalks

I know you're just trying to be funny, but it would behoove you to not put false/misleading posts here. Need we remind you of what the Forum Rules state about misleading posts/topics?

· DON'T post false and/or misleading topics.

Guest The Axe

I know you're just trying to be funny, but it would behoove you to not put false/misleading posts here. Need we remind you of what the Forum Rules state about misleading posts/topics?

But the guy who put what Babcock said first when he didnt actually say that gets different treatment? Come on. This whole thread is disfunctional from the get go.

But the guy who put what Babcock said first when he didnt actually say that gets different treatment? Come on. This whole thread is disfunctional from the get go.

He copied and pasted directly from the article linked. If the reporter who wrote the story didn't sum up Babs' remarks correctly, that's not the OP's fault when he just posted what was written.

And if the thread and topic of discussion is so dysfunctional, why exactly are you posting in it?

Guest The Axe

He copied and pasted directly from the article linked. If the reporter who wrote the story didn't sum up Babs' remarks correctly, that's not the OP's fault when he just posted what was written.

And if the thread and topic of discussion is so dysfunctional, remind me why you're posting in it?

Because I have fun!!!

Look, if Babs really did say that, then a deal must be in place right? There's no way Babs postures against Datsyuk and his agent during the playoffs in an attempt to make it seem like he "wouldn't" leave Detroit. He is saying that Datsyuk "ISN'T" leaving Detroit. That means the deal is done. Just have to wait til July now for official announcement. This news is better than most people realize.

Guest Playmaker

Being paid top dollar to star in the best league on the planet isn't as unattractive as you make it sound.

Neither is playing for similar money, in your homeland, with your family close by. He's 35, won Cups and other awards. There's not really much left for him to prove here. He's not fond of the media and doesnt' really seem to seek the fame and fortune that others do. It wouldn't shock me if he stayed, but it wouldn't shock me if he left either.

This just puts a giant smile on my face if it's true. But wait, KUKLAS KORNER SAID THAT THEY HAVE AN INSIDE SOURCE AND HE'S SCARED OF THE EASTERN CONFERENCE?!!!!! They obviously are a better source than Mike Babcock himself. :rolleyes:

:lol: Scared of the east, man some people. Pav is a frickin warrior he loves the challenge. And the East please, Pav played in the dead puck era against loaded teams in the West when he was half the player he is today.

Well, he was this confident about DeKeyser too! I like!

Now, Mr. Holland, GET SOMEONE TO PLAY ON HIS LINE!!!! A #1 SNIPING SCORER!!!

Make a trade, buyout some players, bury some players so whatever it takes to make that cap room available to get that #1 guy!!!

We are enjoying our team....but We DON'T Like Our Team....It needs change, it needs scoring, TWO scoring lines would be GREAT!

Pavel already left the Wings once for Russia, and would still be there if his team hadn't folded and he was allowed to return to the NHL. Now with his daughter living there and the short season and high salaries being paid, I can't really see why Datsyuk would stay here.

I am being honest when I say, I do not remember this happening....I know he played in Russia during the lockouts, but I don't believe he ever LEFT Detroit to play in Russia.

Pavs will have a 7 year, 7 mil per contract extension by July 1. No doubt in my mind.

Considering they cannot negotiate with him until July 5th, that would be kinda hard to do....but I like where you are going with the idea!

He wasn't quite as emphatic as saying there is 0% chance, but Babcock did say "He'll be back. He'll be back. He's too good to quit and our team's too good.''

Well he didn't use the actual #0...

Red Wings coach Mike Babcock tried to limit the speculation on star center Pavel Datsyuk's future, when Babcock told reporters in Chicago on Wednesday that there's "zero" chance the Magic Man will leave Detroit and return home to play in Russia.

http://www.foxsportsdetroit.com/nhl/detroit-red-wings/story/Babcock-Zero-chance-Datsyuk-will-leave?blockID=902537&feedID=3701

Guest Playmaker

Well, he was this confident about DeKeyser too! I like!

Now, Mr. Holland, GET SOMEONE TO PLAY ON HIS LINE!!!! A #1 SNIPING SCORER!!!

Make a trade, buyout some players, bury some players so whatever it takes to make that cap room available to get that #1 guy!!!

We are enjoying our team....but We DON'T Like Our Team....It needs change, it needs scoring, TWO scoring lines would be GREAT!

I am being honest when I say, I do not remember this happening....I know he played in Russia during the lockouts, but I don't believe he ever LEFT Detroit to play in Russia.

Considering they cannot negotiate with him until July 5th, that would be kinda hard to do....but I like where you are going with the idea!

It was in 2005, after the lockout. He refused arbitration and signed a one year deal with a Russian hockey team for the upcoming season. Then that team went bankrupt and I think Dynamo matched the offer. It then went to arbitration with the IIHF and Dastyuk was able to be released from his contract and subsequently signed with Detroit. I'm not making it up, it actually happened. Gosh, I remember how horrible those few weeks were at the thought that we had lost Datsyuk. I'm sure if you google it, you can find more info on it. I can't say every last detail is accurate, but that's pretty much how it went. How long has this board been around? Maybe there's a thread about it.

Because I have fun!!!

Look, if Babs really did say that, then a deal must be in place right? There's no way Babs postures against Datsyuk and his agent during the playoffs in an attempt to make it seem like he "wouldn't" leave Detroit. He is saying that Datsyuk "ISN'T" leaving Detroit. That means the deal is done. Just have to wait til July now for official announcement. This news is better than most people realize.

Axe, a little education goes a long way. Per terms of the CBA, a new contract can't be negotiated & signed until the player is in the last year of his contract. That means that nothing can be done until July 1st of this year. Stop with this crap that the deal is already done because there is absolutely zero chance that it's true.

Pavs will have a 7 year, 7 mil per contract extension by July 1. No doubt in my mind.

I hope you're right dude. Without Datsyuk, the NHL sucks. Just plain sucks. Imagine an NHL without Yzerman, Federov, Lidstrom and then Dats all consecutively. That's poop. We'd still have Z, my favorite, but without Dats the NHL loses a lot of much needed class.

Because I have fun!!!

Let me be completely clear, if you post another false statement like the one you did saying Datsyuk's contract has been signed, you will be permanently banned.

Then you'll have to find somewhere else to have fun.

I keep a deep faith in my heart that he will stay. However, I plan on talking to him at camp about this, and be assured there will be massive amounts of groveling if necessary. As the old song says, I ain't too proud to beg.

Holland didn't believe Nick was going to retire when he did either.

I really don't remember that being the case this past summer. The previous summers when he started the 1 year deals, Holland was pretty spot on with each one. This last summer, most of them didn't say anything except they felt he could play a few more years but ultimately the decision lays in his hands. I'm not even sure why many are trying to compare Lidstrom's retirement at 42 to Datsyuk at the age of 36.

I never believe this kind of banter until it becomes a contract with dry ink. This was a comment to a rival city's reporter, at the beginning of what is looking to be a hard fought series, hes not going to say 'well the waters aren't clear, the details aren't set in stone'. His job as a representative of the Wings is to talk from a place of complete confidence. Its like if they asked him if it were game four and the Wings were down 0-3 if he thought the team was done. One would expect his answer to be "There is 0 chance the team loses, this team will take it one game at a time and try to force it to a game 7, where anything can happen'.

Edited by Shaman464

I really don't remember that being the case this past summer. The previous summers when he started the 1 year deals, Holland was pretty spot on with each one. This last summer, most of them didn't say anything except they felt he could play a few more years but ultimately the decision lays in his hands. I'm not even sure why many are trying to compare Lidstrom's retirement at 42 to Datsyuk at the age of 36.

Not to disparage my fellow Howel friend but Kenny admitted that he really felt Nick would have played one more year at lease.

Not to disparage my fellow Howel friend but Kenny admitted that he really felt Nick would have played one more year at lease.

he felt he would, knew he could. but he never said he WOULD, that is the difference, babs and holland never come out and guarantee something like that because they feel that person may do it. They never came out and said there is 0% chance we won't get Suter