• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

#41 Kira

Kira

"I hope you're not from KGB"

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,557 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 10:02 AM

I keep a deep faith in my heart that he will stay.  However, I plan on talking to him at camp about this, and be assured there will be massive amounts of groveling if necessary.  As the old song says, I ain't too proud to beg.

Posted Image

#42 wingfan1991

wingfan1991

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,738 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 10:17 AM

we lose him we are dead!

#43 pondrocket

pondrocket

Rookie

• Pip
  • 195 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 10:50 AM

Holland didn't believe Nick was going to retire when he did either. 

#44 Fedorovfan

Fedorovfan

humble servant

• 45 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 10:57 AM

This is a no brainer for the Wings!

Lets go Red Wings!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#45 evilzyme

evilzyme

Games a gongshow.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,095 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 11:02 AM

Holland didn't believe Nick was going to retire when he did either. 

I really don't remember that being the case this past summer. The previous summers when he started the 1 year deals, Holland was pretty spot on with each one. This last summer, most of them didn't say anything except they felt he could play a few more years but ultimately the decision lays in his hands. I'm not even sure why many are trying to compare Lidstrom's retirement at 42 to Datsyuk at the age of 36. 

Pavel Datsyuk - "Pasha" - #13
"Got no fun if you got no puck"
'"I like ladies" - Towards the Lady Byng trophy
"Hannnnnnnnnnk"
"Okay $5 now"

I'm Don Cherry and Danny DeKeyser is my Kadri.

#46 Shaman

Shaman

Die hard Red Wing fan and realist.

• Silver Booster
  • 3,841 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 11:23 AM

I never believe this kind of banter until it becomes a contract with dry ink. This was a comment to a rival city's reporter, at the beginning of what is looking to be a hard fought series, hes not going to say 'well the waters aren't clear, the details aren't set in stone'. His job as a representative of the Wings is to talk from a place of complete confidence. Its like if they asked him if it were game four and the Wings were down 0-3 if he thought the team was done. One would expect his answer to be "There is 0 chance the team loses, this team will take it one game at a time and try to force it to a game 7, where anything can happen'.

Edited by Shaman464, 16 May 2013 - 11:23 AM.

Feuer und Wasser kommt nicht zusammen
Kann man nicht binden sind nicht verwandt
In Funken versunken steh ich in Flammen
und bin im Wasser verbrannt
Im Wasser verbrannt

#47 Hey man nice shot!

Hey man nice shot!

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 422 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 08:47 PM

Great to hear it, will be even better when we see it.

#48 pondrocket

pondrocket

Rookie

• Pip
  • 195 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 09:54 PM

I really don't remember that being the case this past summer. The previous summers when he started the 1 year deals, Holland was pretty spot on with each one. This last summer, most of them didn't say anything except they felt he could play a few more years but ultimately the decision lays in his hands. I'm not even sure why many are trying to compare Lidstrom's retirement at 42 to Datsyuk at the age of 36. 

Not to disparage my fellow Howel friend but Kenny admitted that he really felt Nick would have played one more year at lease. 

#49 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,157 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 12:55 AM

Not to disparage my fellow Howel friend but Kenny admitted that he really felt Nick would have played one more year at lease. 

he felt he would, knew he could. but he never said he WOULD, that is the difference, babs and holland never come out and guarantee something like that because they feel that person may do it. They never came out and said there is 0% chance we won't get Suter

#50 BigWillieStyle

BigWillieStyle

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 777 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 04:13 AM

He could go back and play for "Iron Mike" in Metallurg. It's not like he's a goalie or anything.

#51 Marck13

Marck13

Rookie

• Pip
  • 101 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 07:06 AM

We want you Pavel, (to grow old with us  :innocent: ) !!!

"son of a puck"

#52 kickazz

kickazz

Rookie

• Pip
  • 150 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 11:43 PM

If re-signed, Datsyuk will be 35 when his new contract kicks in. There is thus not a chance that he would be offered a seven-year contract.

Agreed I;m expecting a minimum 3 year contract max 5ish. Thing is, Pasha's 35 but he plays like hes 28/29. He knows his body better than we do. But practically speaking he could keep the contract a minimum and probably finish it up in KHL in his 40s like federov did.

#53 Kira

Kira

"I hope you're not from KGB"

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,557 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 04:57 AM

In all honesty, I don't think we've heard the last of our hero  yet.

Posted Image

#54 RedWingsRox

RedWingsRox

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,108 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 11:57 PM

When he is ready to go ... we should build a shrine for him and give him a cushy job with the Wings for life.  

#55 Hiei

Hiei

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 03:43 AM

Pavel Datsyuk deserves a shrine next to the Sprit of Detroit.  I said it.

"Hit em with your purse, ya *****!" - Random Wings fans shouting at Franziska

#56 wingsfan4795

wingsfan4795

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,651 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 05:55 PM

https://mobile.twitt...957124422369280
Sorry I don't know how to embed a Twitter link on mobile, but dmitry chesnokov said Datsyuk made a decision. Apparently he won't announce yet. Hopefully he announces this summer

Edit: I see now that something similar was already posted a few days ago. Either way, I hope he stays

Edited by wingsfan4795, 28 May 2013 - 05:59 PM.

Good rule of thumb is always take an octopus everywhere. Better to have one and not need it than find yourself thinking, "Damn, I wish I had that octopus".

-Buppy

#57 Nev

Nev

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,050 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 03:41 PM

Seriously, I imagine they'll do with Zetterberg what they did with Lidstrom - no-one gets more than the captain, and offer him a range of options.  2 years, $12M, 3 years $16.5M, 4 years $20M. which is Kennys usual modus operandi, trading length for cap hit.

A 2 year extension would put him awful close to 1000 points and pass Feds for 5th all-time as  Wing.  3 years would see him crack 1000 points for sure. 

"If I can be totally honest, it's not a lot of guys you get impressed by. Actually, it's no one else but him. From the bench, to see what move he makes -- you're like, 'I wish I could do that.' Sometimes you sit on the bench and just think, 'wow,' and you look over to the other bench and they sit there and shake their heads, too. He has great, great skills. I'm probably not going to play with another player who has the kind of skills he has." Mikael Samuelsson on Pavel Datsyuk

#58 PavelValerievichDatsyuk

PavelValerievichDatsyuk

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 430 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 08:47 PM

haven't seen this posted:

Datsyuk, who can become an unrestricted free agent next summer, would like to work out a extension this summer.

"I would love to stay," said Datsyuk, 34, who can sign an extension beginning July 5. "Yeah, I hope we agree and we sign a new deal. I hope we agree and I sign for more (years)."

Edit: nevermind, I'm blind and missed the other thread

Edited by PavelValerievichDatsyuk, 31 May 2013 - 08:50 PM.

#59 Vladifan

Vladifan

Legend

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,759 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 08:56 PM

haven't seen this posted:

Datsyuk, who can become an unrestricted free agent next summer, would like to work out a extension this summer.

"I would love to stay," said Datsyuk, 34, who can sign an extension beginning July 5. "Yeah, I hope we agree and we sign a new deal. I hope we agree and I sign for more (years)."

Edit: nevermind, I'm blind and missed the other thread

:yahoo:   :w00t2:   :notworthy:

"He even ate with women who at that time were accorded the same status as the family donkey. Are we willing to break bread with, say, child sex slaves, transgender teens and undocumented workers? Because when Jesus comes back to Earth, that's where he'll be hanging."
You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him.

#60 Red Wings Addict

Red Wings Addict

This is how I watch Wings games

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 09:08 PM

As the old song says, I ain't too proud to beg.

Motown song FTW.