• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
rrasco

Kane, Moulson, St. Louis up for Lady Byng

Rate this topic

Anyone find it as funny as I do Kane is up for the Lady Byng?

Patrick Kane of the Chicago Blackhawks, Matt Moulson of the New York Islanders and Martin St. Louis of the Tampa Bay Lightning have been named the finalists for the 2013 Lady Byng Memorial Trophy, awarded "to the player adjudged to have exhibited the best type of sportsmanship and gentlemanly conduct combined with a high standard of playing ability."

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=670853

<checks calendar>

Nope, not April 1st.

Kane? Really? Is the Lady Byng now for "most gentlemanly compared to previous years"?

Maybe "most gentlemanly on the ice compared to off it"? Or "so darn gentlemanly that a soft Euro can rip out your mouthguard and you almost don't cry"?

No way he wins it.

Why notFilppula instead of Kane?

Sportsmanship and gentlemanly conduct combined with high standard of playing ability......I think Mr. Filppula was missing the last piece.

I think the voters are simply looking at stats here and see that Kane has low penalty minutes.....but that doesn't always tell the whole story. I was shocked when I saw his name as well.

<checks calendar>

Nope, not April 1st.

Kane? Really? Is the Lady Byng now for "most gentlemanly compared to previous years"?

Maybe "most gentlemanly on the ice compared to off it"? Or "so darn gentlemanly that a soft Euro can rip out your mouthguard and you almost don't cry"?

No way he wins it.

I guess that's the NHL trying to infuse parody everywhere. Kane has a high level of play, but sportsmanship has never been his strong point. No Dats on there, but Kane? That's beyond laughable.

Wait...Patrick Kane??

:brow:

I clicked on this thinking it was Evander Kane...

Who the hell choses these? :lol:

Yeah, thats what I thought too haha.

Its like every one of these awards is a popularity contest to some extent, and that really sucks. Genuinely surprised Patrick Kane has been nominated.