• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
MidMichSteve

Red Wings don't belong in the same rink as the Hawks?

Rate this topic

Someone has to tell these Hawks fans (and homer sports writers, truly the lowest form of reporter on Earth) that very rarely in the history of the league does a good record translate into a leisurely walk to Lord Stanley's Cup. Here's hoping to their learning the hard way, with bitterness, tears and whining all the way down.

Guest Playmaker

I seem to recall that even though the Hawks won the Cup in 2010, they then traded away a bunch of players (or they just re-signed elsewhere) and failed to make the playoffs at all in 2011. Ha. Some "powerhouse" team they are.

I hope Babcock and the Wings see this and it lights a fire under their asses and they shut this guy and the Hawks fans up tomorrow. The odds may seem against us but we've beaten teams before when it looked grim. Remember when Vancouver outplayed us a few years ago and took the first 2 games against us at the Joe, and then we went back and won the next 4 straight? Remember in 2011 when the Sharks were up 3-0, and, even though we lost, we battled back from the deficit and we took them to Game 7? Don't write us off just yet.

You are not recalling correctly. The Hawks were the 8th seed in 2011.

You are not recalling correctly. The Hawks were the 8th seed in 2011.

That was when Detroit beat them on the last day of the season, doing all they could to keep the hawks out of the playoffs. If the stars would have won later that day, they would have been out. My brother and I were at that game, it was awesome

HA!!! I'm surprised no comments are allowed on the article's link. Hmm...

He has a twitter you can tweet at, I am sure he will ignore it though if he's smart.

This guy is not a true sports writer where being a shameless homer is considered unprofessional. His "article" is more like a bad email (or forum post) by an angry teenage. In short, he belongs more in a place like this than a real newspaper.

You know... not trying to get ahead of things or jinx anything- just musing... a few more games like Saturday, and that guy may be right. The Red Wings DON'T belong in the same rink as the Hawks. And that is why the Hawks will be golfing.