Photo
* - - - - 1 votes

Red Wings don't belong in the same rink as the Hawks?

• Please log in to reply
129 replies to this topic

#21 wingsfan4795

wingsfan4795

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,648 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 12:48 PM

Hawks Team = I have to no issue

Hawks Fans = They are delusional

Hawks announcers = annoying as hell

Good rule of thumb is always take an octopus everywhere. Better to have one and not need it than find yourself thinking, "Damn, I wish I had that octopus".

-Buppy

#22 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,084 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 01:09 PM

Hawks announcers = annoying as hell

I REALLY hope we shut that whole city up, as a kiss my ass goodbye present

#23 The Secret

The Secret

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,196 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 01:14 PM

Makes me sick to say it but Game 1 - Periods 2 and 3 sure did look that way. We were hanging on for dear life. We have alot of experience behind us but we really have alot of inexperience on the ice and it shows. If we can hold it together and stick to the plan for 60 minutes we can beat the Hawks but we will need our young players to grow with each game and not make the same mistakes.... I feel I could have played a better game then Smith, that guy couldn't clear our zone if he were the only player on the ice last game.

GO WINGS!

#24 vladdy16

vladdy16

The rest are neophytes.

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 6,158 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 01:27 PM

I say let them have their fun.  I'll take our last 25 years over theirs.  Consider it a parting gift.  :)

Can't wait to read the "Phoenix: I still think it's a hockey market" chapter of Gary Bettman's autobiography. I'm guessing it's going to be chapter 11.

- mjlegend 3/9/2011

#25 puckbags

puckbags

The Future

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,600 posts
  • Location:Cobble Hill, BC, Canada ( 2,522 Miles from the Joe)

Posted 17 May 2013 - 01:37 PM

Hopefully we only have to be in the SAME RINK as them 2 more times.  We win tomorrow, take 2 at home and return to the Mutthouse on Madison to wrap up the series.

"Hard Work Beats Talent When Talent Refuses to Work Hard"

LGW after 1 loss is irrational, after a few in a row it becomes quite comical, 22 playoff appearances in a row and 4 cups in that time and still going strong. Relaxxxxx !!

#26 saven

saven

Rookie

• Pip
  • 145 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 02:37 PM

On paper the hawks are without a doubt the better team however two things strike me here. 1 paper don't play hockey 2. I don't think I need to quote the years the wings lost even when we were the better team.
In explanation of my avatar: for those who understand no explanation is necessary, for those who don't google federko.

#27 wingsfan4795

wingsfan4795

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,648 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 03:25 PM

They poked the bear. They shouldn't have poked the bear.
I really hope the players saw this

Good rule of thumb is always take an octopus everywhere. Better to have one and not need it than find yourself thinking, "Damn, I wish I had that octopus".

-Buppy

#28 barabbas16

barabbas16

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 402 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 03:53 PM

I don't know why this article would upset anyone at all. I thought it was hilarious and it made the writer sound like he suffers from small man syndrome.

The Blackhawks are a better team right now than Detroit, no doubt. But they haven't even played Detroit in the playoffs since 2009, when they lost. The basis of rivalries, to me, is mainly in the playoffs. And, even if the Blackhawks win this series.... this Blackhawks team will be a sparkling 1-1 in playoffs series vs. Detroit.

The guy sounds pathetic.

#29 marcaractac

marcaractac

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,314 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 04:01 PM

Check out TSN for Babcock making the media look like fools. Loves it!

#30 MabusIncarnate

MabusIncarnate

The Truth Is Out There

• Silver Booster Mod
  • 2,202 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 04:22 PM

This is the hammer equal to the Chicago Tribune's hockey writer's knowledge. 

toy-hammer.jpg

This writer is the one trying to fit the square block into the triangle hole and cries when it doesn't work.

13585921555_24551f5658.jpg

#31 BlackhawksFan

BlackhawksFan

Rookie

• Pip
  • 179 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 04:33 PM

Hasn't it been only one game? Someone is putting the cart before the horse. Get back to me if the Hawks are up 3-0, then maybe this guy isn't full of s***.

Don't blame the Hawks' media and fans for sounding whiny. There was little profile for the team, so a majority of the media/players following the team now have little history. Why not pick up the 'dead horse' of Detroit sucks? It sells better than actually deconstructing the changing of these teams in the past couple of years. Detroit is now a team in transition, the Hawks are the jauggernaut. The Blackhawks have a strong, balanced team. Their top-6 D may be the best in the league. Detroit has Kronwall and a much of very young, inexperienced players - or plain old nobodies. Smith? DeKeyser? Kindl? Quincey? This isn't the fearful Lidstrom/Kronwall/Rafalski of old. Same with Wings' forward lines. Young. In transition. But instead, we get this drivel.

Sassone at the Daily Herald, and the guys at Committed Indian are usually decent souces for actual analysis of hockey. Ignore the Trib and Sun-Times.

Cheers y'all. The Hawks dominated Game 1. The Wings get decide if it happens again on Saturday - it is a game I'm looking forward to.

Edited by BlackhawksFan, 17 May 2013 - 04:34 PM.

• Nev likes this

#32 Datsyukian-Deke

Datsyukian-Deke

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 775 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 08:08 PM

The year before the Hawks became a decent team, I went to a game in Chicago against Ottawa and there were literally entire sections in the lower bowl that had nobody sitting in them! I agree with and have proof of all the claims that many Chicago fans are nothing more than bandwagon fans. Support them when they are good, forget about them when they are not.

#33 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,645 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 08:22 PM

I don't think anyone belongs on the Hawks rink.

That place is way too dim.  It's supposed to be a sports arena, not a sports bar.  

According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#34 Jericho613

Jericho613

Give Nothing, Take Everything

• PipPipPip
  • 513 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 09:01 PM

I say let them have their fun.  I'll take our last 25 years over theirs.  Consider it a parting gift.   :)

Amen to that, even in a down year we made the playoffs, they had to be basement dwellers for years to get good draft picks. I respect the Hawks as players, its the fans and media that make this a rivalry. 22 years in the playoffs is a lot tougher than their little point streak during the season.

#35 wingsgirl001

wingsgirl001

Hey Hey, Hockeytown!

• Gold Booster
  • 6,752 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 09:16 PM

I seem to recall that even though the Hawks won the Cup in 2010, they then traded away a bunch of players (or they just re-signed elsewhere) and failed to make the playoffs at all in 2011. Ha. Some "powerhouse" team they are.

I hope Babcock and the Wings see this and it lights a fire under their asses and they shut this guy and the Hawks fans up tomorrow. The odds may seem against us but we've beaten teams before when it looked grim. Remember when Vancouver outplayed us a few years ago and took the first 2 games against us at the Joe, and then we went back and won the next 4 straight? Remember in 2011 when the Sharks were up 3-0, and, even though we lost, we battled back from the deficit and we took them to Game 7? Don't write us off just yet.

i57ouh.jpg

Captain Z!

#36 Resetti

Resetti

Rookie

• Pip
  • 165 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 09:20 PM

That's some garbage writing.  It's funny how fans like to run their mouths with all kinds of smack talk when all they're doing is sitting on a couch pounding some brew.  I guarantee you that the Blackhawks players don't dismiss the Red Wings when they're on the ice.  They're a good team, but cocky pricks like that author ruin it for me.

#37 evilzyme

evilzyme

Games a gongshow.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,095 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 09:38 PM

The players and coach definitely saw this. It's being reported on MLive and what not, so i'm almost positive it's been brought up. Babcock had a nice little conference that's on TSN (Under the name 'Firing back', I think dad said something about it earlier. He told everyone to calm down. 

Pavel Datsyuk - "Pasha" - #13
"Got no fun if you got no puck"
'"I like ladies" - Towards the Lady Byng trophy
"Hannnnnnnnnnk"
"Okay $5 now"

I'm Don Cherry and Danny DeKeyser is my Kadri.

#38 Rhah

Rhah

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 502 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 10:03 PM

Dan McNeil is the 9 to 1 radio guy on The Score in Chicago. He only writes like 1 thing a week if that...

#39 ToMaToToWnWinGsFaN_24

ToMaToToWnWinGsFaN_24

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,033 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 11:17 PM

i really hate it when fans of certain teams bring up the "we've won more cups then you" argument because it really doesnt have anything to do with the game being played currently.

and the wings do deserve to play on the same rink as the blackhawks. Since they are both NHL teams am i not right? NHL teams deserve to play on other NHL teams rinks am i not right? or am i missing something ?

#40 Z and D for the C

Z and D for the C

This is the TBL forum, right?

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,025 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 01:03 AM

i really hate it when fans of certain teams bring up the "we've won more cups then you" argument because it really doesnt have anything to do with the game being played currently.

I think the relevance is just that we've dominated the Hawks for so long, that just because they've been better than us for a couple seasons isn't enough to feel so high and mighty over us.

Just cause you look like the gimp don't mean you play like the gimp!