Photo
* - - - - 1 votes

Red Wings don't belong in the same rink as the Hawks?

• Please log in to reply
129 replies to this topic

#41 Nev

Nev

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,040 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 02:03 AM

Welcome to modern sports journalism.  I was going to say modern US sports journalism, but alas this kind of cheap, unintelligent, childish, completely-lacking-in-insight trash has spread over the pond :(  Its the same kind of journalism that produces the Team Win = They're Great!  Team Lose = THEY SUCK!  FIRE EVERYONE mentality.

Someone mentioned Woody Paige, and they're spot on, its exactly the same kind of playground writing that he spouted (and which lest we forget, Detroit sportswriters joined in with).  If a blackhawks fan came on here and started posting stuff like that they'd be banned as a troll and rightfully so.

"If I can be totally honest, it's not a lot of guys you get impressed by. Actually, it's no one else but him. From the bench, to see what move he makes -- you're like, 'I wish I could do that.' Sometimes you sit on the bench and just think, 'wow,' and you look over to the other bench and they sit there and shake their heads, too. He has great, great skills. I'm probably not going to play with another player who has the kind of skills he has." Mikael Samuelsson on Pavel Datsyuk

#42 atodaso

atodaso

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 670 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 05:00 AM

The hammer and the nail have no rivalry. The nail may not like the hammer, but it's disdain for it does not constitute a rivalry because the hammer barely acknowledges the nail's existence.

:withstupid: Apparently this guy has never heard of Newton's Third Law.   :crazy:

#43 Nev

Nev

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,040 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 06:06 AM

Hahaha, nicely put :)

"If I can be totally honest, it's not a lot of guys you get impressed by. Actually, it's no one else but him. From the bench, to see what move he makes -- you're like, 'I wish I could do that.' Sometimes you sit on the bench and just think, 'wow,' and you look over to the other bench and they sit there and shake their heads, too. He has great, great skills. I'm probably not going to play with another player who has the kind of skills he has." Mikael Samuelsson on Pavel Datsyuk

#44 MidMichSteve

MidMichSteve

Thanks to #5

• HoF Booster
  • 4,225 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 07:07 AM

:withstupid: Apparently this guy has never heard of Newton's Third Law.   :crazy:

He probably thinks Newton is a cookie.

From now on, Patrick Roy will be rolled out to and from the Avs' bench like Hannibal Lecter. - BottleOfSmoke

#45 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,878 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 07:55 AM

Can we re-name that Kronwall's Law?  Newton has so many...

Or Kronwall's Law can be a re-write of Newton's first:  An object in motion tends to stay in motion unless acted upon by a Kronwalling force.

#46 GoWings1905

GoWings1905

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 5,226 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 10:01 AM

More little brother syndrome.

The entire existence of the Blackhawks organization suffers from it. 

"To whom much is given, much is expected."

#47 swedishconnection

swedishconnection

Conn Smythe - as predicted since 2006

• PipPipPipPip
  • 880 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 10:09 AM

That's what happens when your team sucks so bad for so long and you get all the top draft picks and can draft Kane, Toews, etc. Decades ago he says? Hm we won the cup not to many years ago and made the playoffs sense. Wasn't Chicago the team who sucked for decades? Didn't Chicago fans just start showing back up at the games in about 2007? Because If i remember right they couldn't give away tickets for a solid 10 years. Chicago band wagon fans please shut up and enjoy your 2-3 more years of being good before your team goes to crap for another 10 or 20 years while we win cups. Thanks

Just to be frank here - pot meet kettle.  The Wings went through the same drought period the same way the Hawks did.  How many sold out games were there at the Joe in the early 80s?  When we started winning over the last 20 years the butts came back to the seats.

Also, speaking as someone who grew up in a hockey-less Chicago during the 80's-90's, the games were NEVER EVER televised.  I didnt even know the Hawks existed.  All of my friends were Bears and Bulls fans and that is where loyalty ended.  When I moved to Michigan it was one of the greatest times of my life because all of the people around me took pity and showed me hockey.  This is why I am a wings fan.

I dislike the Chicago fans lack of knowledge - but there is a whole generation that has a good reason.  It is a good thing for the sport that people are picking it up in that market again.

Mickey is one of the only colour commentators I've heard that gets angry when his team gets a powerplay as a result of a crap call from an official.

-Hockeytown0001

#48 bakerbert

bakerbert

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 240 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 02:40 PM

I think the hammer just missed the nail and hit the thumb instead.
Go Wings!!!
"Holmstrom gets more attention around the net than a pretty girl around closing time!"
- Mickey Redmond

#49 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,878 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 02:40 PM

If the nail acknowledges the hammer, the hammer is screwed. 

Oh, look.  It's a hammer.

#50 MidMichSteve

MidMichSteve

Thanks to #5

• HoF Booster
  • 4,225 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 02:44 PM

I hoped this would turn into a fun thread.

From now on, Patrick Roy will be rolled out to and from the Avs' bench like Hannibal Lecter. - BottleOfSmoke

#51 BottleOfSmoke

BottleOfSmoke

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,962 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 02:51 PM

f_zpsc67a00b9.gif

hammered_zpsde998e05.gif

LGWsig_zpsa75c5d1e.jpg

#52 Rhah

Rhah

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 502 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 03:31 PM

4 even strength goals vs 2 (+1 pp) + an empty netter (in Hawks' win)... who belongs where?

#53 wingsfan4795

wingsfan4795

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,650 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 03:44 PM

The mighty Chicago hammerhawks got nailed by the lowly Detroit red wings

Good rule of thumb is always take an octopus everywhere. Better to have one and not need it than find yourself thinking, "Damn, I wish I had that octopus".

-Buppy

#54 Nev

Nev

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,040 posts

f_zpsc67a00b9.gif

Please Hammer, don't hurt 'em!

#55 Rhah

Rhah

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 502 posts

In case anyone wants to add any ribbings Dan Mcneil's way:

https://twitter.com/...eil670&src=typd

#56 MidMichSteve

MidMichSteve

Thanks to #5

• HoF Booster
  • 4,225 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 03:49 PM

I want to say something about premature and his wife....but I won't.

#57 MabusIncarnate

MabusIncarnate

The Truth Is Out There

• Silver Booster Mod
  • 2,203 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 03:50 PM

8751797734_2739f0d023.jpg

13585921555_24551f5658.jpg

#58 Superman54

Superman54

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,760 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 03:53 PM

luckily we are too old, slow, and inexperienced.... 

#59 wingsgirl001

wingsgirl001

Hey Hey, Hockeytown!

• Gold Booster
  • 6,752 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 03:57 PM

8751797734_2739f0d023.jpg

LOL

perfect :lol:

i57ouh.jpg

Captain Z!

#60 lwing

lwing

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 66 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 04:25 PM

Someone has to tell these Hawks fans (and homer sports writers, truly the lowest form of reporter on Earth) that very rarely in the history of the league does a good record translate into a leisurely walk to Lord Stanley's Cup. Here's hoping to their learning the hard way, with bitterness, tears and whining all the way down.