Photo
* - - - - 1 votes

Red Wings don't belong in the same rink as the Hawks?

• Please log in to reply
129 replies to this topic

#61 MabusIncarnate

MabusIncarnate

The Truth Is Out There

• Silver Booster Mod
  • 2,032 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 04:32 PM

Someone can feel free to tweet this if they like...

8750774999_a90ec286c9.jpg

13585921555_24551f5658.jpg

#62 Zion

Zion

Hall-of-Famer

• Bronze Booster
  • 2,930 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 05:22 PM

HA!!! I'm surprised no comments are allowed on the article's link. Hmm...

Hockeytown - No Limits

#63 puckloo39

puckloo39

Champion, MVP and still the best!!!

• HoF Booster
  • 21,397 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 05:28 PM

Wonder what his next article will be about?   Q's mustache is better than Bab's hair?

puckloo39dom.jpg

"There is no passion to be found in playing small -- in settling for a life that is less than the one you are capable of living."

Nelson Mandela - RIP  1918-2013

Better than Ever

#64 Playmaker

Playmaker

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 992 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 06:40 PM

I seem to recall that even though the Hawks won the Cup in 2010, they then traded away a bunch of players (or they just re-signed elsewhere) and failed to make the playoffs at all in 2011. Ha. Some "powerhouse" team they are.

I hope Babcock and the Wings see this and it lights a fire under their asses and they shut this guy and the Hawks fans up tomorrow. The odds may seem against us but we've beaten teams before when it looked grim. Remember when Vancouver outplayed us a few years ago and took the first 2 games against us at the Joe, and then we went back and won the next 4 straight? Remember in 2011 when the Sharks were up 3-0, and, even though we lost, we battled back from the deficit and we took them to Game 7? Don't write us off just yet.

You are not recalling correctly.  The Hawks were the 8th seed in 2011.

#65 wingsfan4795

wingsfan4795

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,595 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 06:48 PM

You are not recalling correctly.  The Hawks were the 8th seed in 2011.

That was when Detroit beat them on the last day of the season, doing all they could to keep the hawks out of the playoffs. If the stars would have won later that day, they would have been out. My brother and I were at that game, it was awesome

Good rule of thumb is always take an octopus everywhere. Better to have one and not need it than find yourself thinking, "Damn, I wish I had that octopus".

-Buppy

#66 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,409 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 07:24 PM

Today, the silence in the rink was deafening. 

"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.

#67 Rhah

Rhah

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 474 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 07:54 PM

HA!!! I'm surprised no comments are allowed on the article's link. Hmm...

He has a twitter you can tweet at, I am sure he will ignore it though if he's smart.

#68 Hockeymom1960

Hockeymom1960

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,832 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 08:44 PM

He has a twitter you can tweet at, I am sure he will ignore it though if he's smart.

If he was smart, he would have shut his mouth.  I have to really thank him for the win, seems to have lit a fire under the Wings' asses.

Edited by Hockeymom1960, 18 May 2013 - 08:45 PM.

#69 swedishconnection

swedishconnection

Conn Smythe - as predicted since 2006

• PipPipPipPip
  • 878 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 09:21 PM

Someone can feel free to tweet this if they like...

8750774999_a90ec286c9.jpg

NOOOOO!  BEEERRRRNNIIIEEEE!

Mickey is one of the only colour commentators I've heard that gets angry when his team gets a powerplay as a result of a crap call from an official.

-Hockeytown0001

#70 kylee

kylee

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,420 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 09:33 PM

Just give us 3 more games like today Wings...

#71 wingsfan4795

wingsfan4795

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,595 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 09:49 PM

Just give us 3 more games like today Wings...

Or 11 :D

Good rule of thumb is always take an octopus everywhere. Better to have one and not need it than find yourself thinking, "Damn, I wish I had that octopus".

-Buppy

#72 Nev

Nev

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,971 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 03:19 AM

Wonder what his next article will be about?   Q's mustache is better than Bab's hair?

And that wouldn't be true either! :D

"If I can be totally honest, it's not a lot of guys you get impressed by. Actually, it's no one else but him. From the bench, to see what move he makes -- you're like, 'I wish I could do that.' Sometimes you sit on the bench and just think, 'wow,' and you look over to the other bench and they sit there and shake their heads, too. He has great, great skills. I'm probably not going to play with another player who has the kind of skills he has." Mikael Samuelsson on Pavel Datsyuk

#73 Hockeymom1960

Hockeymom1960

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,832 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 07:35 AM

Maybe he really is a Wings fan.  If you are, thank you, thank you, thank yo :yahoo: u

#74 lwing

lwing

Prospect

• 47 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 07:57 AM

This guy is not a true sports writer where being a shameless homer is considered unprofessional. His "article" is more like a bad email (or forum post) by an angry teenage. In short, he belongs more in a place like this than a real newspaper.

#75 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,683 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 08:12 AM

You know... not trying to get ahead of things or jinx anything- just musing... a few more games like Saturday, and that guy may be right.  The Red Wings DON'T belong in the same rink as the Hawks.  And that is why the Hawks will be golfing.

Money on the board:  Current total: 0

$1 for a goal by any current Wing after whom I have named a hamster.  An additional $5 for a series-clinching goal scored by any current Wing after whom I have named a hamster. $5 if the other team fails to score against a current Wing goalie after whom I have named a hamster.

Hamsters I have had:  (current Wings highlighted)

Henrik Pavel Tomas Nicklas Dominik

Niklas Matthew Daniel Robert

Johan Andreas Valtteri Jonathan

Andrew Patrick Ian Todd

Jordin Damien Gustav James

#76 brett

brett

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,934 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 10:33 AM

im sure theyre writing an article how it was a fluke game, poorly called by the refs, and the wings are dirty

#77 Vladifan

Vladifan

Legend

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,759 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 10:52 AM

Dan McNeil is the 9 to 1 radio guy on The Score in Chicago. He only writes like 1 thing a week if that...

You mean the ex-Bronco lineman? Kinda fits. He played great. And one of the most physically flexible lineman I ever saw warm up. But personally, he turned out to be somewhat of a weirdo.

"He even ate with women who at that time were accorded the same status as the family donkey. Are we willing to break bread with, say, child sex slaves, transgender teens and undocumented workers? Because when Jesus comes back to Earth, that's where he'll be hanging."
You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him.

#78 BottleOfSmoke

BottleOfSmoke

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,596 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 01:14 PM

It's extremely clear to me what he's doing. Just like the ridiculous hater posts I had to make in the GDTs for like 5 games straight, he saw how poorly the Wings played in game 1 and felt that the good ol' jinxeroo was exactly the kick in the pants they needed to get it into OD. Thanks for your help with the win, dude. We appreciate it!

LGWsig_zpsa75c5d1e.jpg

#79 rking72

rking72

Jr. Prospect

• 29 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 01:17 PM

You mean the ex-Bronco lineman? Kinda fits. He played great. And one of the most physically flexible lineman I ever saw warm up. But personally, he turned out to be somewhat of a weirdo.

No he has never played professionally anywhere.  He is a career radio guy who has had a lot of issues holding jobs because of addiction and anger issues.  He probably is the most passionate hockey guy on the radio in Chicago and has been a fan for a lot longer then the last several years.

#80 SouthernWingsFan

SouthernWingsFan

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 24,609 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 02:25 PM

If they want to think that, let them do so.

Just one of countless pieces of a columnist from the city of a team that is favored to win a playoff/game series writing about how the underdog has an extremely difficult shot of winning.

Not worth getting ruffled over or fired up about.

Edited by SouthernWingsFan, 19 May 2013 - 02:25 PM.