• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
unsaddleddonald

People who don't "buy in" to Corey Crawford

Rate this topic

I'm not necessarily attacking anyone here as much as I'm attacking the media who continue to bring this up (plus I was listening to the podcast on Wingin' It in Motown where one of the guys shared the sentiment).

Corey Crawford OWNS....OWNS the Red Wings.

Career record since taking over in 2010-2011 (including Game 1): 12-1-2 1.77 GA .943 Save %

Wings scored more than 2 goals only 3 times (all wins) in those 15 games.

He may not have a Stanley Cup, but he isn't a weakness for them. Especially against the Red Wings.

Crawford is a good goalie, plain and simple. He was relatively unknown like a lot of goalies. He and Anderson for the Sens are 2 of the most improved goalies over the past couple of years, and Bobrovsky is on that list too. Goalies have a habit of coming out of nowhere. Some goalies' play style also fits well against certain teams. Crawford has good positioning and stays square to shooters. The Wings need to start moving the puck east-west to get him moving and beat him.

he is a wall.. gonna be tough to beat .. let alone score a goal on. does this guy ever have a bad game? if he does its like 1 a year. lets all jinx the s*** out of him.

I don't think he has ever had a bad game against the Wings. This extends even further to Niemi (who has a dominant record against us too).

The Blackhawks as a team always play their best against the Wings. Even the last couple of years where they looked mediocre against every one else, they always took it to us.

You know your team isn't doing too badly when this guy is your weak link.

It goes to show no matter how well your team is doing some fans will always find something to complain about, and they call RW fans spoiled.

I don't think he has ever had a bad game against the Wings. This extends even further to Niemi (who has a dominant record against us too).

The Blackhawks as a team always play their best against the Wings. Even the last couple of years where they looked mediocre against every one else, they always took it to us.

yup the two goalies that have our number.. and thats why the hawks and sharks i think are the only two teams that can beat us in a series.

Hes their Osgood. Put him on a team that isn't as dominate, I think hes a middle tier goalie, but, with their team in front of him he doesn't really have to steal games, just make a few big saves, and then be solid and they do the rest.

yup the two goalies that have our number.. and thats why the hawks and sharks i think are the only two teams that can beat us in a series.

It's funny that we have no problems against quick or Lindquist, but these guys have our number.

Crawford and niemi are each having their first good years of their careers. I'll "buy in" if Crawford plays like this consistently, but until then I call this a fluke.

He does step his game up against the wings though

Crawford is actually vastly underrated. Imo he's a top 3 goalie in the league, probably a top 5 goalie in the league of the past 20 years. Chicago's a decent team but without him they'd have a lottery pick this season. How he wasn't nominated for the Vezina AND Hart trophies is crazy.

I actually think Detroit could win this series if Chicago had a human being in net and not that space alien born on planet SHUTOUT.

Guest Crymson

I don't understand OP's point.

Crawford is actually vastly underrated. Imo he's a top 3 goalie in the league, probably a top 5 goalie in the league of the past 20 years. Chicago's a decent team but without him they'd have a lottery pick this season. How he wasn't nominated for the Vezina AND Hart trophies is crazy.

I actually think Detroit could win this series if Chicago had a human being in net and not that space alien born on planet SHUTOUT.

No offense, but is this a joke? I can't tell.

Edited by Crymson

Top 5 in the last 20 years??? That's a pretty far stretch brotha

I guess I'm the only one here who knows your post has an ulterior motive

Shutout

Shutout

Shutout

Shutout

Shutout

Shutout

That should cover it for the rest of the series

Guest DeGraa55

He is elite. I predict a shutout Monday unjust like today....o wait.

BTW ONE GAME DOESNT MAKE OR BREAK A GOALIE. But I dill say I always thought he was more on the average side. Comparable to maf. Goalies are the weakness for both Chicago and Pitt.

I believe you are a svengali, sir.

Hes their Osgood. Put him on a team that isn't as dominate, I think hes a middle tier goalie, but, with their team in front of him he doesn't really have to steal games, just make a few big saves, and then be solid and they do the rest.

Haha remember when osgood was on the blues? lol

Not that he was stellar today but if it wasn't for him. The score could have been higher for us in game 2.

And flip the goalie name and team for game 1 as well.

As also was mentioned, 1 game doesn't make or break a goalie as well. Just like the majority in here were all over the one person/few who thought Howard should be benched after not playing the best in game 2 or 3 of the first round, it is pretty foolish for people in here to discredit Crawford all of a sudden just because he plays for a different team when his numbers and play overall this season have suggested otherwise - no matter how he got to those numbers.

And flip the goalie name and team for game 1 as well.

I'm not bashing Crawford. He's sort of in the same boat as Jimmy. Hasn't won anything yet. In particular a Stanley Cup.

And btw games 1 and 2 were different for both goalies and teams. Only similar stat was the score.

So flip the goalie name and team I don't buy it.