• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
unsaddleddonald

People who don't "buy in" to Corey Crawford

Rate this topic

I'm not bashing Crawford. He's sort of in the same boat as Jimmy. Hasn't won anything yet. In particular a Stanley Cup.

And btw games 1 and 2 were different for both goalies and teams. Only similar stat was the score.

So flip the goalie name and team I don't buy it.

Gotcha.
I actually agreed with you, I was just terrible in being clear about it.
Works both ways. In one way like you describe it, absolutely neither have proven anything. Completely agree. At the same time, while pretty much the majority in here get what Howard has meant to the team this season, it should go the same way with Crawford as well. True the Hawks all but walked to a #1 seed in the playoffs, but Crawford didn't get his numbers and production in the regular season and playoffs so far by mistake, he certainly played his part as well.

Gotcha.
I actually agreed with you, I was just terrible in being clear about it.
Works both ways. In one way like you describe it, absolutely neither have proven anything. Completely agree. At the same time, while pretty much the majority in here get what Howard has meant to the team this season, it should go the same way with Crawford as well. True the Hawks all but walked to a #1 seed in the playoffs, but Crawford didn't get his numbers and production in the regular season and playoffs so far by mistake, he certainly played his part as well.

Ok no worries either way. And I agree with your paragraph here completely.

Spot on.

Haha remember when osgood was on the blues? lol

Yeah that 03-04 season was terrible. What with his 31 wins, 2.24 goals against average, and .910 save percentage. Just awful.

Hes their Osgood. Put him on a team that isn't as dominate, I think hes a middle tier goalie, but, with their team in front of him he doesn't really have to steal games, just make a few big saves, and then be solid and they do the rest.

This is getting lame. Put ANY player on a worse team and their numbers will decrease. You don't think Patrick Roy would suffer if he played for a garbage team?

This is getting lame. Put ANY player on a worse team and their numbers will decrease. You don't think Patrick Roy would suffer if he played for a garbage team?

Exactly. Ryan miller and cam ward come to mind

Guest Johnz96

Haha remember when osgood was on the blues? lol

Yeah. In his only full season there he had a 2.24 GAA and .910 SP and helped them make the playoffs in both of the years he he played for them. Lol

And he led the Isles to the playoffs for the first time in years. Hahahahahahahahahahahahashahahaha

Guest The Axe

Yeah. In his only full season there he had a 2.24 GAA and .910 SP and helped them make the playoffs in both of the years he he played for them. Lol

And he led the Isles to the playoffs for the first time in years. Hahahahahahahahahahahahashahahaha

Ozzie never had a losong season. If he doesnt make the HOF, it will be a shame. He was awesome.

What I don't get is, Crawford got smoked last season, in the first round. And so, going into this season, everyone was all "Goaltending's a real question mark (because of what happened last season, in the first round)." And, about one game into the season, everyone decides, "Oh, hey, goaltending's not an issue. Phew." And, like, Kevin Weekes verbally fellating this team a few weeks ago, basically saying, "They've proven last season - the first round - was a fluke. They're going all the way this season, absolutely no question whatsoever." Which, ok, is maybe not so hard to understand. But, I dunno, where I come from, the regular season really doesn't mean anything. Nor does smoking the eighth-seeded Minnesota Wild (and their backup goalie, and their backup goalie's backup goalie) in th first round. ("Man, I really wasn't sure about these guys, but now that they've beaten the Wild in five games, I'm all in, baby.")

And then, y'know, that ridiculous Sports Illustrated thing...

What I don't get is, Crawford got smoked last season, in the first round. And so, going into this season, everyone was all "Goaltending's a real question mark (because of what happened last season, in the first round)." And, about one game into the season, everyone decides, "Oh, hey, goaltending's not an issue. Phew." And, like, Kevin Weekes verbally fellating this team a few weeks ago, basically saying, "They've proven last season - the first round - was a fluke. They're going all the way this season, absolutely no question whatsoever." Which, ok, is maybe not so hard to understand. But, I dunno, where I come from, the regular season really doesn't mean anything. Nor does smoking the eighth-seeded Minnesota Wild (and their backup goalie, and their backup goalie's backup goalie) in th first round. ("Man, I really wasn't sure about these guys, but now that they've beaten the Wild in five games, I'm all in, baby.")

And then, y'know, that ridiculous Sports Illustrated thing...

Howard strings together 2-3 good seasons and lots of people say he hasn't proven himself enough, but one good season from Crawford and suddenly he's the guy who proved everyone wrong and is going to carry his team to the cup. I don't get it

the truth is that Crawford together with Hawks defense are very solid. how much of that can be attributed just to Crawford's talent and how much is him and d-men working good together is difficult to say. but it is this combination the other team has to play against and it is working for the Hawks. period.

there are definitely known cases of goalies who thrived in one particular team but a trade later in their career proved fatal to their reputation, i.e. Giguere + Ducks, Vokoun + Preds, Sanford + Blues, Kiprusoff + Flames... Crawford might just be one of them, but as of now it's moot point to discuss. Wings need to get through him and his defense and make no mistake - this is a capable combination...

Crawford kept them in that game last night when it could've easily went downhill even more for the Hawks in the 2nd period.

Thankfully Howard has outplayed him a little bit more and been the better of the 2 goalies but to say Crawford hasn't been doing his job so far and giving the Hawks a chance to win is pretty ridiculous.

After a few days to think about it yes

Jimmy was outplayed by Corey by a ..................................................

Whatever you want to call it

Love Jimmy to death but in the end we lost.

Let's see how the Corey vs Jonathan saga unfolds even if most of us don't care......

Jimmy was outplayed by Corey by a ..................................................

Nonsense. Crawford had a better team and less porous defense in front of him.

Let's see how the Corey vs Jonathan saga unfolds even if most of us don't care......

How was Jimmy outplayed? Jimmy outplayed Crawford by a lot. Crawford is the sole reason why Chicago wont win the cup this year

disagree 100%.

the team in front of crawford is better. the number of quality chances that howard faced was insanely higher than crawford. if the hawks had someone turning it over as much as smith, we would have destroyed them.

I'd be very interested to hear why you think that. IMO Jimmah was a stud. This is the first goaltender Detroit has had in decades that doesn't polarize the fanbase. That alone should tell you all you need to know about Williams.

There was an NHL article after the series. They said Jimmy was pretty much the star of the the series, out of every player. And he out shined Crawford (let's face it...taking away game two, Howard faced more quality shots in one game VS what Crawford saw in the entire series).

Other than game two..Detroit couldn't figure out Chicago's defense (not to mention they have been having a hard time scoring all year). On the other side of the coin? Chicago had the Wings figured out game 1. A great defensive game from the Wings sill resulted in many breakaway's, 2-1, 3-1, 3-2...bad line changes. And some turn overs inn front of Jimmy. They were just less than the usual (what we saw this season).

Credit to Crawford, though. He made the saves he needed to, to win. But most of the goals against were because he was his own worst enemy. Otherwise, he had it easy this series. Unlike Howard how has to deal with a defense that forgets what color jersey they play for (he had a couple softies, but that happens to the best of them..and his team was doing him no favors).

Good thing about Jimmy, though, is I still see him getting better. Stats be damned, this was his best year (his biggest stride was his mental strength IMO). Last year would have rivaled it, but you know..injuries.. A couple more years before he peaks IMO.

As for Crawford. I don' think he makes it out of the 3rd round. LA plays a much MUCH better defensive game (mostly because of the payers being older/better). An as much as I think Howard is a top 9-10 goalie....They have Quick, who is a top 1-3 goalie. Howard with an abysmal defense gave Chicago fits (the series was 2.29 Chicago 2.14 Detroit GA) on the score board. Imagine a team that can play defense, with a top 1-3 goalie? Crawford is going to have to play better than he did against Detroit to give his team a chance. He barely could do that against Detroit....and his team outplayed Detroit every game except game 2.

A little off track there, but no. Crawford didn't outplay Howard that series. Howard nearly stole the series...That's how much big of a performance he put on.