• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#41 Hiei

Hiei

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 01:40 PM

I think we've had it.  Crawford's gonna put in a shutout today...

"Hit em with your purse, ya *****!" - Random Wings fans shouting at Franziska

#42 St. Michael (the Red Wing)

St. Michael (the Red Wing)

Heavenly With the Puck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,822 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 11:38 PM

After a few days to think about it yes

Jimmy was outplayed by Corey by a ..................................................

Whatever you want to call it

Love Jimmy to death but in the end we lost.

Let's see how the Corey vs Jonathan saga unfolds even if most of us don't care......

#43 rick zombo

rick zombo

Grit

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,292 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 11:47 PM

Jimmy was outplayed by Corey by a ..................................................

Nonsense. Crawford had a better team and less porous defense in front of him.
"In Detroit, every day is a good day to win"

#44 wingsfan4795

wingsfan4795

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,660 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 11:49 PM

Let's see how the Corey vs Jonathan saga unfolds even if most of us don't care......

How was Jimmy outplayed? Jimmy outplayed Crawford by a lot. Crawford is the sole reason why Chicago wont win the cup this year

Good rule of thumb is always take an octopus everywhere. Better to have one and not need it than find yourself thinking, "Damn, I wish I had that octopus".

-Buppy

#45 dobbles

dobbles

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 864 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 10:15 AM

disagree 100%.

the team in front of crawford is better. the number of quality chances that howard faced was insanely higher than crawford. if the hawks had someone turning it over as much as smith, we would have destroyed them.

I love Maltby, but to say he wasn't a ****** is a dis-service to his career of douchebaggery.

#46 vladdy16

vladdy16

The rest are neophytes.

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 6,246 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 10:24 AM

I'd be very interested to hear why you think that.  IMO Jimmah was a stud.  This is the first goaltender Detroit has had in decades that doesn't polarize the fanbase.  That alone should tell you all you need to know about Williams.

Can't wait to read the "Phoenix: I still think it's a hockey market" chapter of Gary Bettman's autobiography. I'm guessing it's going to be chapter 11.

- mjlegend 3/9/2011

#47 Dynheart

Dynheart

Rookie

• Pip
  • 160 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 10:24 AM

There was an NHL article after the series. They said Jimmy was pretty much the star of the the series, out of every player. And he out shined Crawford (let's face it...taking away game two, Howard faced more quality shots in one game VS what Crawford saw in the entire series).

Other  than game two..Detroit couldn't figure out Chicago's defense (not to mention they have been having a hard time scoring all year). On the other side of the coin? Chicago had the Wings figured out game 1. A great defensive game from the Wings sill resulted in many breakaway's, 2-1, 3-1, 3-2...bad line changes. And some turn overs inn front of Jimmy. They were just less than the usual (what we saw this season).

Credit to Crawford, though. He made the saves he needed to, to win. But most of the goals against were because he was his own worst enemy. Otherwise, he had it easy this series. Unlike Howard how has to deal with a defense that forgets what color jersey they play for (he had a couple softies, but that happens to the best of them..and his team was doing him no favors).

Good thing about Jimmy, though, is I still see him getting better. Stats be damned, this was his best year (his biggest stride was his mental strength IMO). Last year would have rivaled it, but you know..injuries.. A couple more years before he peaks IMO.

As for Crawford. I don' think he makes it out of the 3rd round. LA plays a much MUCH better defensive game (mostly because of the payers being older/better). An as much as I think Howard is a top 9-10 goalie....They have Quick, who is a top 1-3 goalie. Howard with an abysmal defense gave Chicago fits (the series was 2.29 Chicago 2.14 Detroit GA) on the score board. Imagine a team that can play defense, with a top 1-3 goalie? Crawford is going to have to play better than he did against Detroit to give his team a chance. He barely could do that against Detroit....and his team outplayed Detroit every game except game 2.

A little off track there, but no. Crawford didn't outplay Howard that series. Howard nearly stole the series...That's how much big of a performance he put on.