• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
GMRwings1983

Russian Youth Hockey Brawl

Rate this topic

Sorry if this has already been posted.

As many of you know, I'm a fan of hockey fights, but not when kids do it. I found this pretty disturbing and rather sad.

Russian pro hockey players aren't known for fighting, so I don't know where this stems from. Maybe they're teaching their kids differently now.

BTW, Russian rap is not cool, so please mute this video. :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=uLcC4RJAGwU

Guest DeGraa55

I thought it was funny. But you could tell they did have respect. 3 on 1 on the goalie isnt right and tgats tgecreason why youre not allowed to fight at that age.

When I played we did a lot of lockerroom boxing helmet and gloves on....pretty harmless.

I thought it was funny. But you could tell they did have respect. 3 on 1 on the goalie isnt right and tgats tgecreason why youre not allowed to fight at that age.

When I played we did a lot of lockerroom boxing helmet and gloves on....pretty harmless.

That goalie looked pretty tough.

Kenny should give him a call. ;)

I don't know about it being funny, there looked to be some pretty vicious stuff going on, looked like some of them could have been hurt bad.

The most disgusting thing I saw in that video though was the person in the stands clapping, what the hell is that?

Edit: forgot to mention, I noticed at the beginning of the video, #4 looked pretty pissed that he didn't get the pass near the front of the net.

Edited by toby91_ca

I don't know about it being funny, there looked to be some pretty vicious stuff going on, looked like some of them could have been hurt bad.

The most disgusting thing I saw in that video though was the person in the stands clapping, what the hell is that?

I thought the kid who leaps over someone in the slow motion was lucky not to break his neck.

Clapping and recording with your phone are about the same. A product of our current generation of idiocy. Surprised, they didn't get more adults out on the ice to break it up.

Holy crap. Flying somersaults, diving tackles, kids sitting on each others backs pounding them in the back of the head. That was crazy. How about the whole team beat down on that one kid at the end? I don't even know what to say...

And just so you know, in Soviet Russa, rap mutes you.

I thought the kid who leaps over someone in the slow motion was lucky not to break his neck.

Clapping and recording with your phone are about the same. A product of our current generation of idiocy. Surprised, they didn't get more adults out on the ice to break it up.

Exactly what I was thinking. Kids shouldn't be out there fighting like this, even with emotions getting out of line. The refs should've started separating earlier, but they allowed things to get out of control. When kids started jumping over the boards and joining in should've been the green light for parents to start stepping in and helping the refs break things up. Where were the coaches during this also?

The problem is that these kids really don't know where the line is, and obviously don't know when enough is enough. Sitting on someone's back and punching them in the head is never OK. Ganging up on one person is not OK. Jumping off the bench and skating full-tilt at someone to try to take their head off is not OK. When pros fight, even with emotions high, there's a respect for one another. If someone's falling to the ice, like if they're KO'd, you let them down easy.

There's so much about fighting that you don't understand at that age. Definitely a shame to see. Someone could seriously have been hurt by those antics. I also thought it was strange how calm the crowd looked (granted the volume was off - thanks for that tip!), but particularly bizarre to see that guy clapping.

They don't need to understand fighting nor should they. You're right that they don't know where the line is, and often they cross it. They're kids, it's expected. They know emotions, unfortunately they don't know how to control them at that age. That's when things get scary. That's why young boys are so willing to fight. So much emotions are running and they don't know how to control every single one of them. They don't know the consequences of their actions at that age. They don't know how much injury could possibly be sustained. It's exactly why coaches and the parents should have been all over that ice breaking it up. The refs alone obviously weren't going to stop a 20v20 brawl.

I'm certainly not blaming the kids, just saying that the way it was handled -- by sitting in the stands, watching, and even applauding -- was a real shame to see. Definitely want to be clear that I'm not placing responsibility on their tiny shoulders for that one. :P

Guest ToMaToToWnWinGsFaN_24

wow just wow..

especially right at the end of the video at about the 2 minute mark.

there was like 8 players in white against 1 in blue.

terrible..just terrible.

especially with it being a youth hockey game.

That really was pretty sad and disturbing. Both the music and fighting. Notice how none of them actually "dropped the gloves" though. I guess they didn't want to hurt their fists?

But this kind of stuff is how people who don't follow hockey get the wrong idea.

That really was pretty sad and disturbing. Both the music and fighting. Notice how none of them actually "dropped the gloves" though. I guess they didn't want to hurt their fists?

But this kind of stuff is how people who don't follow hockey get the wrong idea.

It's even worse if you know Russian and actually understood the lyrics.

:wacko:

Fights in leagues that wear full facial masks are completely pointless and beyond retarded.

As far as the NHL, I always thought that any player who wears a visor and tries to initiate a fight, should have to either remove his helmet or be ejected from the game. It seems like such a p*ssy/b*tch move for a player with a visor to start a fight (usually) with a player without a visor, since its like having a face shield with a knife blade edge. So not only does it protect your face, the edge can slash your opponents hand if they try to punch you.

Edited by sleepwalker

The biggest problem with little kids fighting like this is that they haven't yet developed the common sense to fight fair. There's kids punching kids in the back of the head and punching kids while they're down.

That's easily the youngest bench clearing brawl I've ever seen

The problem is that these kids really don't know where the line is, and obviously don't know when enough is enough. Sitting on someone's back and punching them in the head is never OK. Ganging up on one person is not OK. Jumping off the bench and skating full-tilt at someone to try to take their head off is not OK. When pros fight, even with emotions high, there's a respect for one another. If someone's falling to the ice, like if they're KO'd, you let them down easy.

EXACTLY my first thought. When you see a kid pelting another in the back of the head and not letting up... yikes. This is ugly.

I'm certainly not blaming the kids, just saying that the way it was handled -- by sitting in the stands, watching, and even applauding -- was a real shame to see. Definitely want to be clear that I'm not placing responsibility on their tiny shoulders for that one. :P

When I played hockey as a kid in suburban Detroit you couldn't count the number of times some mom or dad would applaud a fight or dirty hit, some times resulting in screaming matches or worse with another parent in the stands. Same goes for jerk parents in little league baseball. There is no shortage of lousy parents in any country or sport.