• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

WCSF Game 2 GDT : Red Wings 4 at Blackhawks 1 - (Series Tied at 1)

Rate this topic

Well, I see that someone earlier mentioned that if it were a certain other player who made that shot, it would be non-stop playing on NBC and TSN all day and night...Lead me to start looking around for some super goals by "him."

First off, I found Val's on Youtube:

Also here is Val's from 2008:

Sid has had some amazing goals and even though I have looked and looked, I haven't found ANY that are much better if at all than these two by Val. Sure Sid has some, and they are great highlights, but that is expected of him, Val's goals are equally amazing. :D $6M amazing, nah! :lol:

Not saying Val is as good as Sid, but he deserves some well deserved NATIONAL press time for this goal...it was every bit as equally amazing as any of Sids I could find...

The Flying Finn ABSOLUTELY deserves to be recognized... and he's better than Sid in my book.

(my biased little book of Wings adulation)

Why did you have to bring up Sid. The discussion was about Val. Does everything have to be about Sid? If Sid is "the greatest player in the world" why has he never even been a finalist for the Selke? You would think that the "greatest player in the world" would also win the Selke every year. DATS is the greatest.

Whoa, easy man....without going back through the pages of this thread someone had said that if that was Sid that scored that goal it would been replayed on NBC X amount of times already...which is what I said in the first line of my post of the vids, which you obviously chose to ignore. Instead all you saw was someone mention Sidney and decided to try to incite a war over it. You are talking to one of the biggest Sid haters in the world, which is why I chose to show Val scoring two goals that are rarely equaled by Sid. In which the point of my post was to say how much Val deserves some similar TV time to Sid because of todays goal, yet he won't get it.

So, if you would have read the post instead of just trying to flame me since I mentioned Sidney, you would've gotten that. I never said he was the greatest player of all time either...

So, back to the topic of the game and the goal, it was a great goal by Val that deserves to be shown over and over again on NBC and TSN.

Edited by LeftWinger

Guest Playmaker

You guys really have to get over your obsession/envy of Sidney Crosby. He's a great player, one of the best in the NHL right now.

This group just continues to impress the hell out of me. The resiliency they constantly have shown is unreal. A dominating performance on the road against the best team in hockey to get the series even. Mike Babcock is the Jack Adams winner -- nobody has done a better coaching job between the injuries, offseason losses and incorporating a ton of youth all at once.

I don't know the Red Wings will win this series, but I have no doubts they will compete and give the Blackhawks everything they can handle. The Joe is going to be nuts on Monday!

Edited by GoWings1905

Smith is a rookie who is going to make mistakes. Pucks will get past you at the point. If Cleary does his job, it's a good scoring chance, and nothing more. He's a seasoned playoff veteran and shouldn't be making plays like this. Cleary isn't the scapegoat. He's getting well deserved criticism for his extremely poor play.[/quote

What you call "well-deserved criticism" is what I'd call obsessive overkill. He is not playing well. But Cleary commentary has gone from well-chosen, logical and timely remarks to a kind of pubescent, smart-ass, sarcastic let's-all-dump-on-him-because-it's-the-current-thing-to-do thing. Kind of like mindless, absentee bullying. What I find interesting about my own reaction is that whether it's my business or not; and even though I don't have any control over it, I feel embarrassed and sad for those of you who are persisting, even when he plays ok. It's just a guess here. A stab in the dark? But I'm thinking the point has been made that Daniel Cleary is not playing well.

Big giant huge win today. I was at work so couldn't watch. But we did what needed to be done. I thought we would get 1 in Chitown. Glad to be right on that. Now how do the b hawks react and can we sustain? Hope we do.

Had a huge gig today playing bass with my band at a wine festival, so I'm glad to hear the boys kicked ass in the rink like we did on stage. Looking forward to Game 3. I'm going to enjoy watching the DVR of the game later.

Edited by TheXym

Anyone else catch Toews whining about the "no calls" today? guy spends the game flopping every time Z gets near him then has the nerve to cry about the refs. Classy move.

edit: Just spotted LeftWinger's post.

You guys really have to get over your obsession/envy of Sidney Crosby. He's a great player, one of the best in the NHL right now.

One of the top ball punchers in NHL history.

Edited by Phil Lesh

OH NOES! Another Chicago Tribune writer needs his bottle and a nap. The headline?

Wings play extra tough with Toews

Awwwwww, they're playing hockey against us. That's not fair. We're the #1 seed and we've spent months calling this team invincible. We should get every call in every game. It worked for Jordan. HEY LEAGUE, stop letting them check our players. The writer gives Toews a chance to fill his diaper:

"It's just tough to understand sometimes why we get roughing penalties and hooking penalties, whatever it is, and it doesn't go both ways," Toews said. "If that's the way it's going to be, well, we need to understand that and play more physical and be tougher on them. We'll know that going into the next one.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/hockey/blackhawks/ct-spt-0519-side-blackhawks-red-wings-chicago-20130519,0,4395897.story

OH NOES! Another Chicago Tribune writer needs his bottle and a nap. The headline?

Wings play extra tough with Toews

Awwwwww, they're playing hockey against us. That's not fair. We're the #1 seed and we've spent months calling this team invincible. We should get every call in every game. It worked for Jordan. HEY LEAGUE, stop letting them check our players. The writer gives Toews a chance to fill his diaper:

"It's just tough to understand sometimes why we get roughing penalties and hooking penalties, whatever it is, and it doesn't go both ways," Toews said. "If that's the way it's going to be, well, we need to understand that and play more physical and be tougher on them. We'll know that going into the next one.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/hockey/blackhawks/ct-spt-0519-side-blackhawks-red-wings-chicago-20130519,0,4395897.story

It's become pretty obvious to me that The Trib doesn't do hockey so well. I'd be livid if I was a Hawks fan.

Ugh, I just threw up in my mouth a little.

I'd be sending some uncomplimentary e-mails to that rag, for sure.

Edited by MidMichSteve

Hrm, they need to get rougher than cross-checking to the head and flying elbows on defenseless already checked (and boarded) red wings?

I hope they goon it up at the Joe and Shanahanigans ensue. Shanahan will have to recuse himself because of his fear of being called a homer, and some lackey of his will have to hand out suspensions to the Hawks.

Sounds like the Wings have thrown them off their game. Let's hope their new strategy of running the Wings backfires.

Also, Wings had the advantage in matchups in Chicago. One can only assume that advantage will be stronger in Detroit. Is a 3-1 lead heading into game 5 too greedy yet?

I don't expect Chicago to roll over, but let's hope the Wings teach them a lesson we had to learn a few times on our rise to greatness: never underestimate the underdog.

There was one play where Hank knocked Tayz down from behind, and kinda crosschecked him in the head on his way down, then pushed him down when he tried to get up, then pushed him down again.

The zebras were very much on our side this afternoon.

The refs had no bearing on the beat down.

Sure they did. I mean, don't get me wrong - I'm not saying we didn't flat-out own this game. We did. And it was Glorious. But we definitely had a little "help."

Unrelated note:

"They kind of used our own style against us as far as holding onto the puck and keeping it away from us," Kane said.

It's called puck-possession, Patrick, and you damn well now you learned it from us.

Not that he doesn't know that. But, well, point is: he's a ****** bag.

EDIT:

Oh, come on, guys...

whining to the refs after the fact is gonna be bad for the hawks.

Who likes to be second quessed?

And Babcock wasn't all over that lineseman re: that icing call?

Edited by Dabura

I don't remember any specific plays that were blatant penalties by the Wings that got overlooked. If you have the puck and are controlling play more, the less likely you are to commit infractions. Toews should know this on a puck possession team.

This was just one team being far better than the other. The refs influence outcomes all too often in the NHL these days, but it's silly to claim a little physical play prevented Chicago from winning. Toews doesn't care that Shaw skates around like an idiot though nearly every shift?