• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

WCSF Game 2 GDT : Red Wings 4 at Blackhawks 1 - (Series Tied at 1)

Rate this topic

Sick game winning OT goal, Sick series winning Game 7 goal, not being a complete jackass everytime he touches the puck, providing offensive contribution other than letting the puck touch his body on the way into the goal...

Cleary is a scapegoat for a reason. He sucks.

Yet, Dan Cleary has more points than Val Filppula in the playoffs. Filppula has been completely invisible besides two plays against Anaheim. Not sure the goal in Game 7 really qualifies as sick either. Z made the play entirely and Fil threw a backhander on net.

Not claiming to be a doctor nor have I played one on TV....but how can Drew Miller break his hand and is now playing in the game and Dekeyser broke his thumb and cannot play? Just curios, nothing against either of them....

Go Wings!

Maybe Miller didn't have surgery and Danny did? Don't know if that's the issue I'm just guessing.

Guest Crymson

Smith is a rookie who is going to make mistakes. Pucks will get past you at the point. If Cleary does his job, it's a good scoring chance, and nothing more. He's a seasoned playoff veteran and shouldn't be making plays like this. Cleary isn't the scapegoat. He's getting well deserved criticism for his extremely poor play.

Yep. He rightfully got accolades for being a playoff warrior earlier in his career. But he could score, and skate, and defend back then. He still grinds as hard as he can, but that's not enough. Anyone can do that, and most of them have assets that Cleary no longer has.

Not claiming to be a doctor nor have I played one on TV....but how can Drew Miller break his hand and is now playing in the game and Dekeyser broke his thumb and cannot play? Just curios, nothing against either of them....

Go Wings!

Miller's break did not require surgery, DeKeyser's did

Guest Crymson

Maybe Miller didn't have surgery and Danny did? Don't know if that's the issue I'm just guessing.

Miller didn't need surgery. It was just a broken bone.

Go Wings!

Good question.

Not claiming to be a doctor nor have I played one on TV....but how can Drew Miller break his hand and is now playing in the game and Dekeyser broke

Like turf toe maybe. doesn't sound bad, but pro's miss weeks for it.

Yet, Dan Cleary has more points than Val Filppula in the playoffs. Filppula has been completely invisible besides two plays against Anaheim. Not sure the goal in Game 7 really qualifies as sick either. Z made the play entirely and Fil threw a backhander on net.

Flip wasn't invisible. Don't you remember the backhand pass to no one behind his own net that led to a goal?

Guest Playmaker

Go Wings!

Depends on the severity of the break, which bone was broken, if there was other damage to ligaments or tendons...Also, the thumb is necessary to grip the stick. Hard to play if you can't hold a stick.

Told you guys Brendan Smith would make up for things with a big goal.

To think of all the hate this kid gets here from various posters.

I confess, you had me LOLing :D

Seriously, I was just thinking "I haven't heard Smith's name this period and that's a good thing", and then he pops up with a goal on a great feed from Z.

Great road period, need to keep up the pressure in the 3rd and not sit back.

Really strong period. The Wings are skating way harder today, especially the third line. Much easier to negate the Hawks attack when you have the puck more and can get out of your own zone cleaner.

Henrik Zetterberg is playing exceptional at both ends. 20 more minutes like that and this series is even.