• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Wings_Dynasty

Trade Smith ASAP!

Rate this topic

Short of him winning the Conn Smythe there is nothing he can do to redeem himself for the extraordinary amount of WTF moments he has had this post-season.

He is the weakest D-man on the team, he is a PK-making machine, doesn't use his size, doesn't make good passes, and when he tried to be offensive he gives the puck away.

Cut him loose and get what you can for him. He is a dime-a-dozen player.

Guest Crymson

First off, you're being a tad impatient with a guy who is in his rookie season.

Second, the Wings have nothing to gain by trading him for peanuts, and much to gain if he gets better---as rookies often do.

Third, you haven't a clue if he's a dime-a-dozen player. If he's the same way in three years, then I'll concede the point to you. As things stand, he's a rookie.

I agree that Smith hasn't been very good. But I'm guessing a lot of teams would love for the Wings to dump him for nothing.

Smith is playing over 19 minutes a night, third among Dmen behind Kronwall and Ericsson. And now doing it against the best team in the league. He's getting exposed for the rookie he is.

Imagine if the Wings had played Kindl or Ericsson like that. They had the benefit of a better blueline so they could play lower pressure bottom pairing minutes. Smith is getting thrown in the deep end.

It's painful to watch, but this is the team we have right now. It's trial by fire.

I agree that Smith hasn't been very good. But I'm guessing a lot of teams would love for the Wings to dump him for nothing.

Smith is playing over 19 minutes a night, third among Dmen behind Kronwall and Ericsson. And now doing it against the best team in the league. He's getting exposed for the rookie he is.

Imagine if the Wings had played Kindl or Ericsson like that. They had the benefit of a better blueline so they could play lower pressure bottom pairing minutes. Smith is getting thrown in the deep end.

It's painful to watch, but this is the team we have right now. It's trial by fire.

He's not going to get traded but he's almost due to take his turn sitting in the press box.

he reminds me of zel zotto. well i thought del zotto played awesome in his rookie season then they sent him back to the ahl. now hes pretty solid. i give him a full 82 game season before shipping him off

Guest DeGraa55

The impatience of people is amazing. He as well as like 6 others are all rookies. Remember all the kindl hate at start of season? He looks loads better now.

Not only is he a rookie in his first playoffs, he's a rookie playing on the 2nd pairing when he should reallly be playing on the 3rd pairing due to our lack of defensive depth. And as if that wasn't enough, he's playing against a Blackhawks 2nd line that would be a 1st line on 1/2 of the teams in the NHL.

So yeah, rookie defenceman, playing against all-stars. 1st period flub apart he had a solid game.

Jesus, remember how long it took Big Rig to become solid? Just last season people were screaming for his head, and now...poof! He's been a sound, strong defenseman for us this year.

I really hope we're not in for three seasons of goating Smith until he develops...

Jesus, remember how long it took Big Rig to become solid? Just last season people were screaming for his head, and now...poof! He's been a sound, strong defenseman for us this year.

I really hope we're not in for three seasons of goating Smith until he develops...

Ericsson was a solid D man last year too, it just took a while for people to get out of the habit of bashing him to actually notice.

This year he's stepped up in a major way. I wouldn't have guessed he'd look this good on the top pairing.

@HeleneStJames: Henrik Zetterberg's wit in fine form after I asked him about @bssmith7: "He creates a lot of stuff. Sometimes for both teams." #RedWings

LOL!

Edited so Smith could stick up for himself:

@Bill_Roose: #RedWings Zetterberg said @bssmith7 creates chances for both teams, to which Smitty playfully replied, "I think thats a fair judgement."

Edited by BottleOfSmoke

meh...rookie or not he has been more of a liability than an asset this playoffs. trading him isn't the solution, though. he was better today, so whereas i would have considered sitting him today (after wednesday's embarassing performance) he has mildly redeemed himself. his lease should be short though.

Edited by kook_10