• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Wings_Dynasty

Trade Smith ASAP!

Rate this topic

Guest The Axe

Yeah but again...when you see someone come in that has no pro experience like Danny D play better than Smith who has had a lot of pro experience on the griffs and now on the wings I can understand the people who are upset with smith.

You mean like Jonathan Ericsson back in 2008-2009? Remember how awesome he looked at the start? Then 3 years of learning curve. Dont be surprised if DeKeyser has them too.

Not every rookie can be compared to Danny Dekeyser, people! Dekeyser is a special player who is extremely mature for his age. Smith clearly needs to grow more, but how is he going to do that on the bench? Unless he starts costing us games, like Lashoff did (unfortunately, because I loved how he played in the regular season), he deserves ample opportunity to grow. After all, we weren't expected to go anywhere this year, so why give him a chance

Haha, all this bitching about Smith. Does anyone remember Kronwalls play from 05-07? He was a turnover machine, and made dumb decisions with the puck. But he grew, and then established himself a solid #3 in 07-08, and the rest is history. How about Ericsson? He was dreadful for 2 and half seasons, and now he's our shut down defenseman #2/3. Defenseman take longer to develop, Smith is learning at the best time of the year, the playoffs. He's gonna be fine.

Haha, all this bitching about Smith. Does anyone remember Kronwalls play from 05-07? He was a turnover machine, and made dumb decisions with the puck. But he grew, and then established himself a solid #3 in 07-08, and the rest is history. How about Ericsson? He was dreadful for 2 and half seasons, and now he's our shut down defenseman #2/3. Defenseman take longer to develop, Smith is learning at the best time of the year, the playoffs. He's gonna be fine.

Bingo.

He's been extremely noticable on both the good and bad for better/worse.

Given it's his first season of playoff action, I'll take it. The good has been outweighing the bad.

That's why I chose my username. When I joined, people were bashing him and wanting him gone. He was no good and made of glass.

I believed in him. Granted, I believed in him more than I believe in Smith, but I don't think we should be punching Smith a one-way ticket out either.

Guest The Axe

The league will watch the DeKeyser tapes and figure out what to do with him next year, as well. LGWers will be whipping on him soon enough. I cant understand how a fan can bash a guy who's exciting to watch (in a bad way sometimes) and promote a guy like Todd Bertuzzi. Bertuzzi hasnt been an effective playoff guy EVER. He has ZERO value to this team at this stage of the season. "Should we put Bertuzzi and Tootoo in to goon it up?" PLEASE. These guys are liabilities for 60 minites AND Bertuzzi does NOT fight. He's not Donald Brashear. He's Teddy Ruxpin. Smith, on the other hand, doesnt let any nonsense go unnoticed. Elbow Nyquist? Youre gonna get a sock in the mouth. "Smith, youre stupid. Have some control. We cant have that now." B.S. We cant afford to be missing thst EVER is the truth of the matter. Choice is simple. Babcock knows hes got a gem in #2. Thats why he's throwing him to the wolves 20 minutrs a game and letting him gain his stripes. Get behind him. He's good.

The league will watch the DeKeyser tapes and figure out what to do with him next year, as well. LGWers will be whipping on him soon enough. I cant understand how a fan can bash a guy who's exciting to watch (in a bad way sometimes) and promote a guy like Todd Bertuzzi. Bertuzzi hasnt been an effective playoff guy EVER. He has ZERO value to this team at this stage of the season. "Should we put Bertuzzi and Tootoo in to goon it up?" PLEASE. These guys are liabilities for 60 minites AND Bertuzzi does NOT fight. He's not Donald Brashear. He's Teddy Ruxpin. Smith, on the other hand, doesnt let any nonsense go unnoticed. Elbow Nyquist? Youre gonna get a sock in the mouth. "Smith, youre stupid. Have some control. We cant have that now." B.S. We cant afford to be missing thst EVER is the truth of the matter. Choice is simple. Babcock knows hes got a gem in #2. Thats why he's throwing him to the wolves 20 minutrs a game and letting him gain his stripes. Get behind him. He's good.

I love how you are the one talking about how we shouldn't bash someone...

For the record, I like Smith, he has a lot of potential, and I am ok with him playing right now, the more experience he gets the better he will be next year.

Guest The Axe

I love how you are the one talking about how we shouldn't bash someone...

For the record, I like Smith, he has a lot of potential, and I am ok with him playing right now, the more experience he gets the better he will be next year.

Just bash the right guys is all i ask!!

Guest The Axe

And sometimes they give you 14 playoff games to watch and cheer your team on when all the other old guys from previous seasons were getting bounced in 5 games.

I hate to say it, but Smith needs to be taken out of the lineup for game 7. His confidence is shot right now and Chicago is in his head. Send him back to GR to play in their conference finals and let him try to get some work in defensively. The way I see it, this team has 3 options: 1. Put DeKeyser in and tape his hand to his stick. 2. Dig up Ian White from whatever doghouse he's been living in. 3. Put Lashoff back in there and tell him to focus on his end of the ice and making good outlet passes.

Guest The Axe

Zetterberg has 0 goals. He needs to have a game 7. Our CAPTAIN is who we need to look to.