• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Wings_Dynasty

Trade Smith ASAP!

Rate this topic

He is still better or just as good as Erickson. Kindle and Erickson have more wtf moments just passing the puck every game. I can handle it with Kindles offensive ability. Erickson is like brad stuard as far as turing the puck over instead of like Sturard and waiting for a absolute crutial point in the game He does it like 3 or 4 random times during every game.

He is still better or just as good as Erickson. Kindle and Erickson have more wtf moments just passing the puck every game. I can handle it with Kindles offensive ability. Erickson is like brad stuard as far as turing the puck over instead of like Sturard and waiting for a absolute crutial point in the game He does it like 3 or 4 random times during every game.

do you intentionally spell all the wings names wrong?

He's been on the ice for 16 goals during these playoffs. This thread may be laughable to you, but smith's playing time should seriously be reassessed. I really wish we had lashoff at our disposal.

Yeah, totally agree. Today is game day, so I am a "Brendan Smith" fan in the sense that he will play, and I want him and the team to succeed. But there has a forum for fans to express what should be a pretty obvious observation, which is that Brendan Smith has been killing us. Every team has some degree of issues with its 6th defenseman, but it just seems like Smith ends up out there for more minutes and more critical moments than the worst defenseman on other teams.

When all else fails blame Quincey... Quincey has been great and breaks up plays left and right imagine him with a competent partner. Smith puts himself in positions to turn over the puck over constantly. I'm not saying trade him I know he will be a great player but he's making us lose games and I would like to see how Kindl handles the top 4 role. Babcock has this rattled rookie in our top 4 that can't seem to lose his spot no matter what he does.

Also, I think white would surprise a lot of people just like Colo sometimes you need a fresh face

Guest The Axe

When all else fails blame Quincey... Quincey has been great and breaks up plays left and right imagine him with a competent partner. Smith puts himself in positions to turn over the puck over constantly. I'm not saying trade him I know he will be a great player but he's making us lose games and I would like to see how Kindl handles the top 4 role. Babcock has this rattled rookie in our top 4 that can't seem to lose his spot no matter what he does.

Also, I think white would surprise a lot of people just like Colo sometimes you need a fresh face

YOU are missing the point. Why blame anybody? We are one win away from round 3. Smith, Quincey, etc. are all a part of our success and failure.

The same people on here dissing Smith will be the same ones all over Dekeyser when his wheels fall off. If ya actually read the stats in the playoffs Smith hasn't been that bad. 11 hits 15 blocked shots 5 points and -3. Pretty darn good for a rookie Dman.

I prefer to watch the games too.

He has been terrible. I can't believe anyone would say otherwise, I believe plenty of people on here are competent enough to know even though his a huge pile of s*** now, eventually he will be good. But unless future Smith is friends with Bill and ******* Ted and is taking a phone booth back to tonights game, then I am more concerned with immediate future not next year.

He needs a D partner like DeKeyser. Give Kronwall Q and see how many times he gets burnt, which is just as many as Smith in the playoffs if some people havn't noticed. Smith has all the tools, now he just needs to pay moref****** attention and he needs a more defensively sound partner. Q hasn't played bad, but sometimes you need to look at the pairings and know that they don't mix well. The only Dman that could get away with playing with anyone and make them look good is having his number retired next season.

i'm sick of the quincy excuse.

it's not quincy's fault that smith is having trouble making even the simplest of breakout passes. it's not quincy's fault that smith doesn't know how to cover guys in front of his own net.

in fact i would say quincy has been surprisingly good in this series considering he has smith as a defense partner

i'm not in the trade smith crowd yet, but people are blind if they don't see that smith is by far the wings worst defensman right now

Edited by chances14

Sometimes I feel like an integrated dictionary describing the word ROOKIE would be helpful. The guy is playing his first year in the NHl he is learning and will become better as time goes on, thankfully for us the Wings aren't known tor threating their prospects like crap.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Tapatalk 2

i'm sick of the quincy excuse.

it's not quincy's fault that smith is having trouble making even the simplest of breakout passes. it's not quincy's fault that smith doesn't know how to cover guys in front of his own net.

in fact i would say quincy has been surprisingly good in this series considering he has smith as a defense partner

i'm not in the trade smith crowd yet, but people are blind if they don't see that smith is by far the wings worst defensman right now

I'm not using Quincey as an excuse. The pairing just doesn't mesh well. And I agree with you, Quincey has been really good in this series. Re-read my post and point out the part where I blame Q. I said he hasn't been bad, and Smith needs to pay the f*** attention. Q is a TWD that likes to roam sometimes, Smith is a OFD that loves to roam all the time. Babcock needs to keep him on a leash in the defensive zone, while allowing him to roam the offensive zone which he does very well. I just think that Q should be on with Kronwall and Smith with Ericsson whom is our best shutdown guy.

One things' for sure though, there is a lack of communication out there. Our D need to talk more and Jimmy needs to bark out orders like a General. And the centremen should also direct traffic out there. This is where our leaders need to take over, cause Babcock can't jump the boards.

Guest RedWingsDad

Smith will play his heart out tonight!

I think he has been playing his heart out... willpower is not the problem, it's his decision making.

Would people please stop trying to point out that Smith is making mistakes... Do you really think any Red Wings fan is that naive to say that Smith is not making mistakes and he has not cost us some goals in these playoffs? There is not one person here trying to say that he has not had his fair share of f*ck ups. But what some of us here are saying is that you cannot be so impulsive to say this guy should be benched or that he should be TRADED ASAP!! THAT is why this thread is beyond ridiculous.

Smitty will play tonight and he will have a better game, mark my words. There is a reason why one of the best coaches in the game has so much praise and confidence in the kid. He is going to be a star in this league so stop kicking him when he's down and support your god damn team! GO WINGS!

Guest The Axe

Would people please stop trying to point out that Smith is making mistakes... Do you really think any Red Wings fan is that naive to say that Smith is not making mistakes and he has not cost us some goals in these playoffs? There is not one person here trying to say that he has not had his fair share of f*ck ups. But what some of us here are saying is that you cannot be so impulsive to say this guy should be benched or that he should be TRADED ASAP!! THAT is why this thread is beyond ridiculous.

Smitty will play tonight and he will have a better game, mark my words. There is a reason why one of the best coaches in the game has so much praise and confidence in the kid. He is going to be a star in this league so stop kicking him when he's down and support your god damn team! GO WINGS!

Great Post.

I am in 100% agreement.

Guest Playmaker

I think a great majority of the posts have acknowledged Smith's talent and appreciate the fact that he's a rookie and believe in time he will be an asset to the team. But at the same time, the Wings aren't the Edmonton Oilers, this isn't the regular season and there's a playoff experienced defenseman sitting in the press box night after night. Is Ian White the perfect defenseman? Of course not.He hasn't played over 500 games in the NHL because he sucks. But I would think he would be an upgrade over Brendan Smith. Those of us pointing that out doesn't make us crazy (or Krayzie), nor does it mean we're not Wings fans. It's using logical observation skills.

Whats the difference between giving Smith PT during next years regular season in his development or during this years playoffs. Bottom line, play him during all 82 next year and let White play sound D during this game 7 now. No reason to compromise the hear and now for 1 game in what should be a long good career for Smith when he will have plenty of time next year to develop. Bottom line, are we in the WCF right now without Smith, yes.

Sometimes I feel like an integrated dictionary describing the word ROOKIE would be helpful. The guy is playing his first year in the NHl he is learning and will become better as time goes on, thankfully for us the Wings aren't known tor threating their prospects like crap. Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Tapatalk 2

rook·ie

/ˈro͝okē/
Noun
  1. A new recruit.
  2. A member of an athletic team in his or her first full season in that sport.

bad rook·ie

/bad/ˈro͝okē/
Noun

see: Smith, Brendan

People keep screaming "rookie" like we don't know what it means. But there are rookies who play mostly well, and rookies who play mostly bad. Yes Brendan Smith is a rookie, he's a bad rookie. His rookie season is noticeably worse than that of Kindl, Ericsson, Kronwall, etc. Will he get better? Sure. But that doesn't mean that he isn't a god awful rookie. He is.
Edited by kipwinger

Whether he is a rookie or not is NOT the point. The point is we are trying to win NOW. NOW NOW NOW. Who gives us the best change to win NOW. Smith or White. Based on Smiths track record, the answer has to be White. Leave all the rookie non sense out because that point only serves your argument well for the regular season.