• Please log in to reply
243 replies to this topic

#241 kipwinger

kipwinger

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,528 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 03:06 PM

Ah yes, but if Smith slides into the #5/6 spot, he spends more time against weaker opposing lines hypothetically bosting his stats, and Kindl in the #3/4 spot maybe fares worse that Smith does.

Whatevs, I like them both. Just playing devils advocate.

That argument is a wash because it goes both ways.  Maybe with more ice time and better teammates Kindl increases his stat advantage even further.  And I'm not simple talking about Kindl leading in points or goals.  He also hits more, has more blocked shots, more takeaways, fewer give aways, more shots, fewer misses, and on and on and on.  He was simple the better player this year. 

GMRwings:  "Well, in other civilized countries, 16 years old isn't considered underage.  For instance, I believe the age of consent is 16 in Canada.  There's some US states where it's 16 as well.  

Get off the high horse.  Not like she was 10."

"Some girls are 17 even though they look 25."

#242 Drake_Marcus

Drake_Marcus

Pariah

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,336 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 03:09 PM

That argument is a wash because it goes both ways.  Maybe with more ice time and better teammates Kindl increases his stat advantage even further.  And I'm not simple talking about Kindl leading in points or goals.  He also hits more, has more blocked shots, more takeaways, fewer give aways, more shots, fewer misses, and on and on and on.  He was simple the better player this year. 

Which is why Babcock played him less than Smith in the playoffs? Is your argument that Babs wasn't basing that on performance?

Dedicated to lulz once lost:
Posted Image
Thanks TeeMan!

"We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas
of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage" --H.P. Lovecraft

#243 kipwinger

kipwinger

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,528 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 03:14 PM

Which is why Babcock played him less than Smith in the playoffs? Is your argument that Babs wasn't basing that on performance?

Clearly, as every indicator of performance suggests Kindl is the better player (right now).  And it's not unlike Babs to give guys ice time based on anything other than how they are currently performing. 

Edited by kipwinger, 30 May 2013 - 03:21 PM.

GMRwings:  "Well, in other civilized countries, 16 years old isn't considered underage.  For instance, I believe the age of consent is 16 in Canada.  There's some US states where it's 16 as well.  

Get off the high horse.  Not like she was 10."

"Some girls are 17 even though they look 25."

#244 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 06:49 PM

Ah yes, but if Smith slides into the #5/6 spot, he spends more time against weaker opposing lines hypothetically bosting his stats, and Kindl in the #3/4 spot maybe fares worse that Smith does.

Whatevs, I like them both. Just playing devils advocate.

Not allowed! You have to like and dislike one or the other. You cant be reasonable or patient.