• Please log in to reply
243 replies to this topic

#121 Nevermind

Nevermind

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 560 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 10:06 PM

What is it you want? Sometimes rookies f*** up.

Not this much.

#122 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,738 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 10:09 PM

Not this much.

I can't remember any rookie who screwed up this much.  

He's not exactly 18 years old either.  I thought this guy was overripe.  

According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#123 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Zetterberg has 0 goals. He needs to have a game 7. Our CAPTAIN is who we need to look to.

#124 Red Wings Addict

Red Wings Addict

This is how I watch Wings games

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Dude is kind of a jitterbug, as Tortorella would say. 

#125 DRW Dominance

DRW Dominance

Yzerman=God

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,331 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 10:11 PM

at this point in his career smith is terrible.....and I mean terrible.

but he will have so many good years ahead of him.
naked is a state of mind

#126 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,738 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 10:11 PM

at this point in his career smith is terrible.....and I mean terrible.

but he will have so many good years ahead of him.

In GR?

#127 kipwinger

kipwinger

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,685 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 10:12 PM

Dude is kind of a jitterbug, as Tortorella would say. 

Haha that cracked me up when I heard it.  Torts is a comedy goldmine. 

p.s. What I wouldn't give for Dekeyser in the lineup instead of this thread's namesake. 

GMRwings:  "Well, in other civilized countries, 16 years old isn't considered underage.  For instance, I believe the age of consent is 16 in Canada.  There's some US states where it's 16 as well.  

Get off the high horse.  Not like she was 10."

"Some girls are 17 even though they look 25."

#128 RedStormRising

RedStormRising

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 780 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 10:12 PM

Are people STILL defending this guy!? Come on people! Open your eyes!

#129 Nevermind

Nevermind

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 560 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 10:15 PM

If only Smith opened his eyes too...

#130 Red Wings Addict

Red Wings Addict

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 10:23 PM

I thought this guy was overripe.  

Yeah I don't quite know about that either.  So were Kronwall, Ericsson and Kindl and look how their first few years turned out.  Now I may be talking out of my ass because of some tipsiness but I'm not exactly sure how even after all this over-ripening (is that even a word?) in the minors that they still need a handful of years and not just half or a full season of growth and adjustment to the NHL game.  I'm not exactly aware of how well prospects have developed on other teams who may or may not go with extended time in the minors. 

But I'm sure you and most people on here know or at least have an inkling that the whole "overripe" company line is just a front for "We actually just want to hoard all the potential assets we possibly can."  It's not completely out of the realm of possibilities that the philosophy delays and perhaps holds back the development of some. 

#131 Nevermind

Nevermind

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 560 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 10:24 PM

I thought this guy was overripe.  

Well I think he's rotten.

#132 Tatonka

Tatonka

Draftee

• 7 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 10:26 PM

I have been a lurker for a long time, but after watching smith this playoff season, and then tonight, to see him single handedly give up two goals.. to start the third and watch him with his head down on the bench.. if he is in the lineup on Wednesday, the coaches are asking to lose. I feel like the guy has been part of well over 50% of the goals scored on the wings in the last two series.. he is just too much of a liability at this point.. get him the hell out of there.

#133 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 10:28 PM

Yup. Eriksson, Pushor, Kuznetsov, Fischer, Quincey, Ericsson, Kindl, Smith. I defend all our big blueliners. They are the guys who make the difference.

#134 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,738 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 10:29 PM

Yeah I don't quite know about that either.  So were Kronwall, Ericsson and Kindl and look how their first few years turned out.  Now I may be talking out of my ass because of some tipsiness but I'm not exactly sure how even after all this over-ripening (is that even a word?) in the minors that they still need a handful of years and not just half or a full season of growth and adjustment to the NHL game.  I'm not exactly aware of how well prospects have developed on other teams who may or may not go with extended time in the minors. 

But I'm sure you and most people on here know or at least have an inkling that the whole "overripe" company line is just a front for "We actually just want to hoard all the potential assets we possibly can."  It's not completely out of the realm of possibilities that the philosophy delays and perhaps holds back the development of some. 

Dekeyser walks into the lineup and easily plays better than our whole defense.  Some guys just learn quicker than others.

I'm worried about a guy in his mid 20's that looks completely lost out there, despite already playing all season and a handful of playoff games.  Some of the mistakes he's making are things they teach Canadian boys who are learning defense in little leagues

#135 Nevermind

Nevermind

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 560 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 10:30 PM

Yup. Eriksson, Pushor, Kuznetsov, Fischer, Quincey, Ericsson, Kindl, Smith. I defend all our big blueliners. They are the guys who make the difference.

How could you forget Derian Hatcher?

#136 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,738 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 10:31 PM

Half of those guys did nothing here.  

#137 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 10:34 PM

Defenseman prime is 25 to 33 years old. Smith wont be great next year either. But 2014-15, he will be good. And 2 years later, Phenominal. Wait til DeKeyser stumbles next year. Whipping boy of LGWers sucks!

#138 brett

brett

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,976 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 10:36 PM

If he was on the rangers torts would say he stinks scratch him and put him back in the ahl next season. Your lucky someone likes you. Cause al of us dont. you lost us game 1 and game 6 single handedly. Step it up

#139 Red Wings Addict

Red Wings Addict

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 10:39 PM

Defenseman prime is 25 to 33 years old. Smith wont be great next year either. But 2014-15, he will be good. And 2 years later, Phenominal. Wait til DeKeyser stumbles next year. Whipping boy of LGWers sucks!

He better be the next Scottf****** Niedermayer or Drewf****** Doughty or Niklasf****** Kronwall or whatever idealized comparison the Wings scouting staff/Hockey prospects journalists have touted by that time or else you're gonna get it!  Corey Perry style. 

#140 Nevermind

Nevermind

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 560 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 10:40 PM

Why? Will Smith be the lucky recipient of a brain transplant?

Some defensemen just think the game better than others. DeKeyser looks like one of those types. So while he might stumble next year like you say, he still clearly has a fundamental understanding of the defensive side of the game. Smith hasn't really shown that at any level--and he doesn't produce like Letang or Karlsson either.