• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Datsyukian-Deke

Tortorella's public comments on Hagelin

Rate this topic

Didnt see a post about this, but wondered how you guys felt about Tortorella's public comments about Carl Hagelin. I feel that publicly saying one of your better players stinks and doesn't do anything positive on the powerplay is just ludacris. This guy doesn't deserve to be a coach.

http://www.cbssports.com/nhl/blog/eye-on-hockey/22270329/video-john-tortorella-really-thinks-carl-hagelin-stinks-on-power-playp

I think Fonzy is a total clown.

Don't know if he just likes attention, but he seems to mouth off during every press conference or interview.

I guess it's entertaining for fans and media, but I think it becomes a distraction sometimes for the teams he coaches. The guy always seems to take attention away from his players, by placing it on himself instead.

Just shut up and coach!

I think that he's just like the party guest that gets settled in and then makes a total ass of himself. Cue the sound of a vinyl record needle scratch. I understand what he's probably trying to do, which is call out a player to light a fire under him, but the public nature of it has consequences. It's not a surprise that players don't like this guy. No player wants the spotlight turned on him so he can get ripped.

Honestly this was not that bad. He gives Hagelin a ton of compliments, "I love the guy, he does everything else well", but simply tells it like it is: "he stinks on the powerplay". He could have used other words but I like that he didn't use a lot of subtle and weak words to describe Hagelin being a bad PP guy.

Also this wasn't blaming the Rangers weak PP on Hagelin, rather answering the question why Hagelin doesn't play on the PP when it's struggling so much and he's playing great.

Not a huge fan of Torts but let's not make this into more than it is.

Edited by dat's sick

I get "telling it like it is", but good coaches can find a medium (Babcock).

He is simply an ******* that players don't like.

Do you have a source on that? I've never heard anybody say that about him.

Guest Crymson

Do you have a source on that? I've never heard anybody say that about him.

Lecavalier and Gaborik come to mind.

In Tortorella's defense, he did recognize him as a great player and it wasn't like he downright insulted him. He clearly wants to put him on the PP, just that it's not working out. I think you gotta look passed his crappy attitude and look at it objectively.

Guest Crymson

Tortorella is probably not long for the bench in New York anyway, given that his Rangers seem to be on the way to yet another early exit.

Tortorella is like another MIke Keenan, minus the charm.

I think his message is good for about half a season, maybe one season. Then players must get sick of him.

If I were a player in the so called best league in the world I'd go to my GM the next day and telling him its either him or me. Tortarella is an absolute idiot he is also viewed as one ofthe most hated coaches in the NHL. Comments like this are just another example.

Disgraceful idiot, hopefully Lundqvist is going to demand him being fired.

I always hated Tortarella he has a roster full of allstars and they cant even beat a tired Bruins team.

John Tortorella comes across as a little crybaby whenever he does not get his way. It is the same story every day for him - blame the world! He has no business coaching with such illegitimate leadership. Sure, there are times when tirades or explicit criticism may be necessary (think of Jim Leyland circa 2006), but not seemingly every day.

John Tortorella comes across as a little crybaby whenever he does not get his way. It is the same story every day for him - blame the world! He has no business coaching with such illegitimate leadership. Sure, there are times when tirades or explicit criticism may be necessary (think of Jim Leyland circa 2006), but not seemingly every day.

To me it is simply a two way street.

Hagelin should reverse the game and just tell the media "I think our so called PP strategy is stinking more than I am...but wait a seconds shouldn't we have a coach for that? Too bad we don't" would be hilarious!

richards pretty soon. guy makes 6.6 mil and hes playing 4th line.

4th line? Yikes. And he was 2011's Parise/Suter.

Rightfully so. Have you seen his play in the last few games? To quote one John Tortorella... "He stinks"

I do like the fact that Torts "tells it like it is" I like that he's willing to sit or demote players that are playing poorly.

I do not like that he acts like a spoiled brat and uses the media as his sounding board only when he feels like it.

When the Rags get bounced, I hope that spells the end of Torts in NYC.

Torts is a jackass for a lot of reasons, but this isn't one of them. He's clearly screwing around and has a smile on his face the whole time. There's enough youtube evidence of Torts acting like a huge jackass that everyone should know the difference. This one is tongue in cheek.

Edited by kipwinger

Guest Johnz96

I think Tortorella stinks at coaching the PP

Edited by Johnz96