• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

FlashyG

WCSF Game 3 GDT - Blackhawks 1 @ Red Wings 3 - (DET leads series 2-1)

Rate this topic

Have to expect a crazy Hawks frenzy for game 4. Wings will have to match the intensity and capitalize on the Hawks mistakes from the get go. Great game, great win, great unraveling Hawks team. Complain about the penalties all you want, (bad officiating both ways to be honest) but the Red Wings are the opponent, not the refs. Silly Hawks.

Oh, and our 3rd and 4 lines.... That's why we are up 2 games to 1 in the second round.

Our third and fourth lines are like the Spurs' bench. They just never quit. They take the game to a different level, and they could teach some of the first and second line members a few things. Like SPEED in the offensive zone.

Words can't describe how proud I am of this team.

Lidstrom and Stuart gone, we wouldn't be able to make playoffs.

A ton of injuries during the season, to the extent we had to sign Huskins on game day and fly him in hours before.

Had to win just to make playoffs.

Couldn't beat the ducks. Did it in 7!

Don't belong on the same ice as Chicago. Currently leading the series 2-1, out scored them 8-3.

This team has gone far and above any of our expectations. I was happy we pushes the sucks to a game 7. To be competitive. Then we won the series.

I was worried coming up against Chicago. Thought their depth would be too much. We have dominated a game against them in their own arena. They're losing their composure.

Enjoy the ride, who knows where this can go. Unbelievable effort to have done as well as we have so far, keep it up boys!

Guest Crymson

More, because we're limited to two videos per post (reasonable):

And the Hawks being cute:

Meh... This isn't my reaction towards you for bringing it up but when anybody brings up Parise and Suter at any time, seriously, I just think to myself... Who the hell cares?

It's just a statement of how deep this team really is. Imagine this team with Dekeyser, Helm, and Tatar.

It's just a statement of how deep this team really is. Imagine this team with Dekeyser, Helm, and Tatar.

Our kid line and the fact we have Tatar, a young D and still have a good core with Dats, Z, Franzen and maybe Flip makes me realize how amazing of a job this organization does with drafting, scouting and grooming these guys to play in the NHL. Hell Andersson wasn't even on the radar at the start of the year and he played so good they coulnd't send him back down...I love those kind of stories.

This was a fun game to watch, stressful because it seemed like Chicago often had the puck, but fun. Especially the last few minutes of Chicago throwing hissy fits every stoppage of play. Showing the entire world how classy they are. The Gus was loose, and Pavel pillaged. And you can't forget Howie turning into Stonewall Jackson. The hit on Mule should have been called too. I was pissed about that one. Let the Blackhawk butthurt begin!

Words can't describe how proud I am of this team.

Lidstrom and Stuart gone, we wouldn't be able to make playoffs.

A ton of injuries during the season, to the extent we had to sign Huskins on game day and fly him in hours before.

Had to win just to make playoffs.

Couldn't beat the ducks. Did it in 7!

Don't belong on the same ice as Chicago. Currently leading the series 2-1, out scored them 8-3.

This team has gone far and above any of our expectations. I was happy we pushes the sucks to a game 7. To be competitive. Then we won the series.

I was worried coming up against Chicago. Thought their depth would be too much. We have dominated a game against them in their own arena. They're losing their composure.

Enjoy the ride, who knows where this can go. Unbelievable effort to have done as well as we have so far, keep it up boys!

we outscored them 8-6 so far, I wish it was 8-3

People saying the Hawks goal should count: don't kid yourselves. How short are your memories anyways? Holmstrom has only been retired for a year. Rewind to the 2009 series and if that were the other way around and it was Homer in the crease, Hawks fans would cry bloody murder if that goal had stood and when it was disallowed, we as Wings fans would have said "ah, that sucks, but we're used to that call. Time to forget about it and move on." Which is what the Wings normally did. If anything, waving that call off shows refreshing consistency in one area playoff reffing over the past 20 years. God knows there are a lot of other areas that have been called nowhere near as consistently. Qwhineville whining about that call is laughable - I remeber his watching red a$$ed monkey face dozens of times when Homer was in the crease.

Anybody think Parise and Suter are sitting somewhere kicking themselves right now?

Parise isn't that is for sure he was never even offered a contract anywhere NEAR what he got. Suter, on the other hand, who had the verbal agreement to play in Detroit is damn well biting his lip at home right now... Ryan, just keep your mouth shut or the wife will cut you off...just take your medicine for the next 100 years playing in hockey oblivion. Enjoy that extra $80,000 you got from Minny. Oh ya, enjoy your in-laws even more since it was your wife that wanted you to play in her hometown. Have a ball!

He could been a part of this growth on the Detroit defense. It sure would have made one of our guys expendable, and I am so glad we aren't strapped to that contract for 13 years, but ya, he probably feels a little upset...

side story: I remember in July 2001, JR verbally agreed to play for Philly (before July 1st) and admittedly said years later that "Detroit offered me the same exact contract but I chose Philly because I felt they had a better chance to win the Cup...I didn't know they were going to get Hasek, I probably would have chose differently..."

Edited by LeftWinger

Our third and fourth lines are like the Spurs' bench. They just never quit. They take the game to a different level, and they could teach some of the first and second line members a few things. Like SPEED in the offensive zone.

I find it funny, near the beginning of the game eddie said the blackhawks 3rd lines was so much better than the wings, and their 4th line was better aswell, I love when the wings make people eat their stupid words

still dont know how this team is doing this

incredible

keep amazing me wings

I know, right? I'm very nervous about this crazy run losing steam, but they keep gut checking.and persevering.

Game 4 is huge. Chicago is going to come out flying. Wings need to keep mistakes to a minimum and never give up. I would be very nervous letting Chicago tie the series. I don't want them to regain their confidence.

Ok I wanted to make a separate post about this but I won't. What do you guys think about the hit on Franzen? I think it definitely should have been called. The refs call that and Kane doesn't score. And these Blackhawks fans would shut up about the bad reffing. Thoughts?

If he hits him with his shoulder I don't really think it's a penalty, cause franzen did turn late. He hit him and followed through with his stick to the numbers. That is what should have been called, and what forced franzen's face into the boards.

Brunner - 8 points in 10 games (4 goals, 4 assists) keeps getting less ice time every game, this game it was 9 minutes, Cleary gets 17 minutes... makes sense

You basically explained why Brunner has been successful. He's playing against other third liners, instead of top-six forwards where he went in a major slump before. Cleary is much more responsible defensively too. I don't want Brunner out there for significant minutes against Toews or Kane.

Edited by GoWings1905

Agreed. The Hawks haven't had to really work hard for wins this season and no when the Wings smack them in the mouth they have no answer.

:thumbup:

This season and playoff has been such a joy thus far! It's been a long, long time since Wings weren't expected to win anything. How fast that the last 21 years of dominance that spoiled most of us is erased in one half season and the new age fans are experiencing what us old timers went through in the 90's. A team growing together, losing together and learning to win together! No longer are the most of us spoiled....every win is a bonus, it's been a LONG time since the overwhelming feeling was if we don't win the Cup, we still had a successful season!

I am going to refrain from calling this a rebuild or even a reload...I am calling it the REBIRTH of the Detroit Red Wings...

:clap:

For the trailers:

:clap::)

You basically explained why Brunner has been successful. He's playing against other third liners, instead of top-six forwards where he went in a major slump before. Cleary is much more responsible defensively too. I don't want Brunner out there for major minutes against Toews or Kane.

you don't think throwing him with datsyuk or Z once in a while would be good?

I find it funny, near the beginning of the game eddie said the blackhawks 3rd lines was so much better than the wings, and their 4th line was better aswell, I love when the wings make people eat their stupid words

:thumbup: