• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

FlashyG

WCSF Game 3 GDT - Blackhawks 1 @ Red Wings 3 - (DET leads series 2-1)

Rate this topic

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/hockey/blackhawks/ct-spt-0521-blackhawks-red-wings-chicago-20130521,0,2324297.story

"I think that's the first time that I've seen 'in the crease' called since about 2000," Crawford said.

Hey Crawford, considering your first full season wasn't until 2010-11, I think you are just talking out your ass...btw he should watch this video....(from the other thread....)

Edited by LeftWinger

Good win, but Chicago still scares me.

I am as pumped as anyone else, but a lot of bounces went our way this game. The Hawks looked scary in the first and third. We happened to get two rapid goals in succession to get them playing out of a hole, and they arguably tied the game in the third. Now they are pissed. Game 4 is going to be huge. We have to somehow steal that one as well before we can really start feeling good about ourselves.

Hey Crawford, considering your first full season wasn't until 2010-11, I think you are just talking out your ass...btw he should watch this video....(from the other thread....)

My favorite part of this video is the overhead views where Homer looks down at his own feet and is beyond confused why the call is happening when there is white showing between his skates and the blue paint. Second favorite thing is Babcock's "I'm laughing because I want to murder your soul" face.

The Joe was amazing last night! Hoarse voice this morning was totally worth it. I was happy while watching the replays that you could hear us so well, especially after Miller's goal when Quenneville had to yell to be heard over our revelry.

While we were leaving after the final horn, a massive "Let's Go Red Wings!" chant morphed into "We Want The Cup!" Even some of the vendors joined in and were pounding on their countertops. Absolutely electric!

So much for that "the hammer and the nail" analogy by the Blackhawks beat writers. If Howard stays strong, and we keep our composure and let idiots like Bickell and Shaw take as many penalties as they want to screw their own teams, we're in good shape.

Guest Hatethedrake!

I have not read any of the post game comments so I apologize if I am repeating anything. First...another great win for the Wings! I love the hunger of this team. Yeah the D turns it over too much but when was the last time any of us saw a Wings team with THIS compete level? I love it! Babs has this team firing in his own image right now. Tough and smart hockey. Our guys are going to the greasy areas and paying the price. This Hawks team is skilled and skates fast but they don't have much grit.

I know no one here recalls but I said months ago when Chicago was winning every game that I WANTED the Wings to play this team in the playoffs. Why? Because I knew we could beat this team. They can't rely on the shootout in the playoffs. They never faced any adversity. Everything went their way. No injuries and they kept on rolling and getting all the bounces.

The Wings have been the polar opposite. Injury ravaged from Day 1. Fighting, scratching and clawing their way just to make the playoffs. Our young guys improved even when they were losing like Babs says. You can see the growth now. The confidence. Would Nyquist have been able to score that Datsyukian like goal 2 months ago? I doubt it. Speaking of which, what a shot by Dats!

How was Mule getting plastered from behind into the boards not called? It led to Kane's goal. I am sick of Quennville whining. I had flashbacks to 2002 all over again. Anyway I am not saying the Hawks are not a very good team. However I compare them to a boxer who can punch hard enough to bring buildings down. A guy like say Ernie Shavers. He could punch HARDER than anyone save for maybe Sonny Liston. However Shavers had one fatal flaw. He had a notorious weak jaw. Hit him there and down he would go. The Hawks have shown they can punch. But the Wings have knocked them down twice now and they have not been able to get off the mat. How will they respond now? The Wings on the other hand have been knocked down all season and even in these playoffs. But they keep getting up and showing their mental toughness. The Wings are playing as a TEAM while the s***hawks are playing like a bunch of spoiled brats. I am Canadian and I am embarrassed the way Toews is carrying himself right now. He is being slapped all over the ice by Hank and no one else on the Hawks has stepped up.

They are looking for excuses first instead of solutions. I looked at how Shaw acted like a big baby at the end of the game and it illustrated how the Hawks feel right now. They did not expect THIS Red Wings team. None of us did. This Wings team is getting better with each game. Look how they break out of their own zone. As a group, as a team with a direct plan of attack. The Hawks are playing as if they are emulating the Harlem Globetrotters.

I will say this...If the s***hawks don't adapt their game plan they will not beat this Red Wings team. They have to show some snarl and testicular fortitude because right now all 4 Red Wings lines are eating them up. Jimmy is in the zone right now. Hank and Dats are setting the example and everyone is on the same page. Will this last? I don't know. But it sure is fun to watch!

LETS GO RED WINGS! Onto Game 4! Suck it s***hakws! :lol:

Besides the obvious cup runs, this is the most fun I've had watching the Red Wings in the playoffs.

This team is a blast right now.

I couldn"t agree more! :bye:

http://nhl.si.com/2013/05/21/nhl-playoffs-chicago-blackhawks-beat-detroit-red-wings-3-1-game-3/?sct=hp_t11_a6&eref=sihp

• If the Red Wings end up winning this series — a concept that seemed unimaginable just 72 hours ago — it won’t be because they have the better team. The Hawks are the more talented squad, but Detroit has been the more disciplined team and the one that’s worked harder and smarter in all three zones during the last two games. And that’s because Babcock is outcoaching Joel Quenneville by a mile. From matchups to face-offs to keeping his players focused, Babcock is winning every little battle.

• Garbage move by Quenneville to throw Shaw and Bickell out there at the end of the game. There was still a chance for Chicago to cut into Detroit’s lead, but he goes with guys who are frothing at the mouth. Bickell, who’d been running around for most of the third, was called for cross-checking Cleary repeatedly at 19:00, effectively ending any chance the Hawks had of mounting a comeback. Shaw then hopped over the boards and earned a misconduct 47 seconds later for general hooliganism. If there was a message being sent there, it wasn’t that the Hawks would battle to the end. It’s that the Red Wings are completely in their heads.

love this!

Guest Hatethedrake!

This is how I interpreted the end of the game as well. The Hawks are very frustrated right now. The Wings are definitely in their heads. Nothing illustrated this more than the sheer dominance Hank is displaying on Toews. He knows what Toews will do even before Toews does. :blind:

This is how I interpreted the end of the game as well. The Hawks are very frustrated right now. The Wings are definitely in their heads. Nothing illustrated this more than the sheer dominance Hank is displaying on Toews. He knows what Toews will do even before Toews does. :blind:

Toews goes to get pizza after the game, and hank is sitting there and already has a pizza waiting for Toews...

all he can do is wonder why Zis so much better than him

NBC kept pointing out last night how Dats would take all the defensive end PK faceoffs then when puck cleared, Emmerton would come out for him.

Was that the key to our perfect PK last night?

Guest Crymson

So bert was a healthy scratch or Emmerton?

Bert has not played since the first game of the series.

NBC kept pointing out last night how Dats would take all the defensive end PK faceoffs then when puck cleared, Emmerton would come out for him.

Was that the key to our perfect PK last night?

Nope. It was certainly helpful; but the 4th-liners simply did an excellent job as the primary penalty killers, and Howard was impenetrable to any of the chances that did get through.

The good thing is Detroit is getting better with each game... Blackhawks have the ability to win games they don't deserve though.

Hoping for a monumental collapse from Crawford in game 4. We're due playing a goalie that falls apart

:)

Guest Crymson

Can't get ahead of ourselves still got a long road ahead. I wouldn't start gloating just yet

Or what?

My favorite part of this video is the overhead views where Homer looks down at his own feet and is beyond confused why the call is happening when there is white showing between his skates and the blue paint. Second favorite thing is Babcock's "I'm laughing because I want to murder your soul" face.

The Joe was amazing last night! Hoarse voice this morning was totally worth it. I was happy while watching the replays that you could hear us so well, especially after Miller's goal when Quenneville had to yell to be heard over our revelry.

While we were leaving after the final horn, a massive "Let's Go Red Wings!" chant morphed into "We Want The Cup!" Even some of the vendors joined in and were pounding on their countertops. Absolutely electric!

Thanks for this description! :thumbup: