Photo
* * * * * 2 votes

WCSF Game 3 GDT - Blackhawks 1 @ Red Wings 3 - (DET leads series 2-1)

• Please log in to reply
910 replies to this topic

#821 Phil Lesh

Phil Lesh

Silver apples in the sun.

• PipPip
  • 304 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 10:28 PM

Anybody think Parise and Suter are sitting somewhere kicking themselves right now?

I sure as hell hope so.

#822 Vladifan

Vladifan

Legend

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,759 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 10:28 PM

Very impressive !!!  Great night ... I love how the Hawks are whining and Quennville is fuming  :lol:

I love to watch his face turn red behind the bench.  I look forward to it even more from now on.  

"He even ate with women who at that time were accorded the same status as the family donkey. Are we willing to break bread with, say, child sex slaves, transgender teens and undocumented workers? Because when Jesus comes back to Earth, that's where he'll be hanging."
You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him.

#823 Manny>Ozzie(by a long shot)

Manny>Ozzie(by a long shot)

Starting Goaltender

• PipPipPipPip
  • 850 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 10:29 PM

Good job fans!
[ Image violated Forum Guidelines. Please use images sixed 400x100 pixels or smaller. ]

Just playin Chris, you know I love you!

lilja is an icelandic pony
lilja is an average high girl with blond hair and very sexy
lilja is about the sweetest kitten we have raised here
lilja is the comatose victim of a questionable accident

#824 SimonSin

SimonSin

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 470 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 10:30 PM

Ok I wanted to make a separate post about this but I won't. What do you guys think about the hit on Franzen? I think it definitely should have been called. The refs call that and Kane doesn't score. And these Blackhawks fans would shut up about the bad reffing. Thoughts?

#825 joesuffP

joesuffP

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,927 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 10:30 PM

Idk Cleary plays an important role in the top 6 he would need to be replaced with Helm if we let him walk. Can't deny he has been huge these playoffs maybe not on the scoresheet but in the same way Abdelkader is vital to our success

#826 Vladifan

Vladifan

Legend

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,759 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 10:31 PM

Have to expect a crazy Hawks frenzy for game 4. Wings will have to match the intensity and capitalize on the Hawks mistakes from the get go. Great game, great win, great unraveling Hawks team. Complain about the penalties all you want, (bad officiating both ways to be honest) but the Red Wings are the opponent, not the refs. Silly Hawks. 

Oh, and our 3rd and 4 lines.... That's why we are up 2 games to 1 in the second round. 

Our third and fourth lines are like the Spurs' bench.  They just never quit.  They take the game to a different level, and they could teach some of the first and second line members a few things.  Like SPEED in the offensive zone.

"He even ate with women who at that time were accorded the same status as the family donkey. Are we willing to break bread with, say, child sex slaves, transgender teens and undocumented workers? Because when Jesus comes back to Earth, that's where he'll be hanging."
You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him.

#827 Red Wings Addict

Red Wings Addict

This is how I watch Wings games

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 10:32 PM

Anybody think Parise and Suter are sitting somewhere kicking themselves right now?

Meh...  This isn't my reaction towards you for bringing it up but when anybody brings up Parise and Suter at any time, seriously, I just think to myself... Who the hell cares? 

#828 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

For the trailers:

Edited by Crymson, 20 May 2013 - 10:32 PM.

#829 AusWing40

AusWing40

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 311 posts

Words can't describe how proud I am of this team.

Lidstrom and Stuart gone, we wouldn't be able to make playoffs.

A ton of injuries during the season, to the extent we had to sign Huskins on game day and fly him in hours before.

Had to win just to make playoffs.

Couldn't beat the ducks. Did it in 7!

Don't belong on the same ice as Chicago. Currently leading the series 2-1, out scored them 8-3.

This team has gone far and above any of our expectations. I was happy we pushes the sucks to a game 7. To be competitive. Then we won the series.

I was worried coming up against Chicago. Thought their depth would be too much. We have dominated a game against them in their own arena. They're losing their composure.

Enjoy the ride, who knows where this can go. Unbelievable effort to have done as well as we have so far, keep it up boys!

#830 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

More, because we're limited to two videos per post (reasonable):

And the Hawks being cute:

#831 Datsyukian-Deke

Datsyukian-Deke

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 779 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 10:34 PM

Meh...  This isn't my reaction towards you for bringing it up but when anybody brings up Parise and Suter at any time, seriously, I just think to myself... Who the hell cares? 

It's just a statement of how deep this team really is. Imagine this team with Dekeyser, Helm, and Tatar.

#832 Vladifan

Vladifan

Legend

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,759 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 10:35 PM

I recently (by this I mean game two) got a friend of mine into watching hockey. He noted Edzo's obvious bias almost immediately.

:clap:

#833 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 10:36 PM

:clap:

He found Edzo so annoying, in fact, that he found himself a CBC stream.

#834 Red Wings Addict

Red Wings Addict

This is how I watch Wings games

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 10:36 PM

It's just a statement of how deep this team really is. Imagine this team with Dekeyser, Helm, and Tatar.

Next year is certainly looking a lot more hopeful and bright.  Can't think about that too much though.  The awesome ride is still going!

#835 puckbags

puckbags

The Future

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,600 posts
  • Location:Cobble Hill, BC, Canada ( 2,522 Miles from the Joe)

Posted 20 May 2013 - 10:37 PM

Our kid line and the fact we have Tatar, a young D and still have a good core with Dats, Z, Franzen and maybe Flip makes me realize how amazing of a job this organization does with drafting, scouting and grooming these guys to play in the NHL.  Hell Andersson wasn't even on the radar at the start of the year and he played so good they coulnd't send him back down...I love those kind of stories.

"Hard Work Beats Talent When Talent Refuses to Work Hard"

LGW after 1 loss is irrational, after a few in a row it becomes quite comical, 22 playoff appearances in a row and 4 cups in that time and still going strong. Relaxxxxx !!

#836 Ram

Ram

Goose

• Bronze Booster
  • 757 posts

What a great game. Let's go Wings!

"Hey @Datsyuk13 really bro? On my bday...cmonnnn.. Someone fix that ice in the corner.." - @logancouture

#837 Mike J.

Mike J.

Rookie

• Pip
  • 192 posts

This was a fun game to watch, stressful because it seemed like Chicago often had the puck, but fun. Especially the last few minutes of Chicago throwing hissy fits every stoppage of play. Showing the entire world how classy they are. The Gus was loose, and Pavel pillaged. And you can't forget Howie turning into Stonewall Jackson. The hit on Mule should have been called too. I was pissed about that one. Let the Blackhawk butthurt begin!

#838 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,096 posts

Words can't describe how proud I am of this team.

Lidstrom and Stuart gone, we wouldn't be able to make playoffs.

A ton of injuries during the season, to the extent we had to sign Huskins on game day and fly him in hours before.

Had to win just to make playoffs.

Couldn't beat the ducks. Did it in 7!

Don't belong on the same ice as Chicago. Currently leading the series 2-1, out scored them 8-3.

This team has gone far and above any of our expectations. I was happy we pushes the sucks to a game 7. To be competitive. Then we won the series.

I was worried coming up against Chicago. Thought their depth would be too much. We have dominated a game against them in their own arena. They're losing their composure.

Enjoy the ride, who knows where this can go. Unbelievable effort to have done as well as we have so far, keep it up boys!

we outscored them 8-6 so far, I wish it was 8-3

#839 TigerDan

TigerDan

Goon

• Pip
  • 65 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 10:38 PM

People saying the Hawks goal should count: don't kid yourselves.  How short are your memories anyways?  Holmstrom has only been retired for a year.   Rewind to the 2009 series and if that were the other way around and it was Homer in the crease, Hawks fans would cry bloody murder if that goal had stood and when it was disallowed, we as Wings fans would have said "ah, that sucks, but we're used to that call. Time to forget about it and move on."  Which is what the Wings normally did.  If anything, waving that call off shows refreshing consistency in one area playoff reffing over the past 20 years.  God knows there are a lot of other areas that have been called nowhere near as consistently.   Qwhineville whining about that call is laughable - I remeber his watching red a$$ed monkey face dozens of times when Homer was in the crease.

"This young man has had a very trying rookie season. What with the litigation, the notoriety, his subsequent deportation to Canada and that country's refusal to accept him? Whhelll, I guess that's more than most 21 year olds could handle."

#840 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,588 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 10:40 PM

Parise isn't that is for sure he was never even offered a contract anywhere NEAR what he got.  Suter, on the other hand, who had the verbal agreement to play in Detroit is damn well biting his lip at home right now... Ryan, just keep your mouth shut or the wife will cut you off...just take your medicine for  the next 100 years playing in hockey oblivion.  Enjoy that extra $80,000 you got from Minny.  Oh ya, enjoy your in-laws even more since it was your wife that wanted you to play in her hometown. Have a ball!

He could been a part of this growth on the Detroit defense.  It sure would have made one of our guys expendable, and I am so glad we aren't strapped to that contract for 13 years, but ya, he probably feels a little upset...

side story: I remember in July 2001, JR verbally agreed to play for Philly (before July 1st) and admittedly said years later that "Detroit offered me the same exact contract but I chose Philly because I felt they had a better chance to win the Cup...I didn't know they were going to get Hasek, I probably would have chose differently..."

Edited by LeftWinger, 20 May 2013 - 10:41 PM.

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com