Photo
* * * * * 2 votes

WCSF Game 3 GDT - Blackhawks 1 @ Red Wings 3 - (DET leads series 2-1)

• Please log in to reply
910 replies to this topic

#841 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,445 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 10:40 PM

Our third and fourth lines are like the Spurs' bench.  They just never quit.  They take the game to a different level, and they could teach some of the first and second line members a few things.  Like SPEED in the offensive zone.

I find it funny, near the beginning of the game eddie said the blackhawks 3rd lines was so much better than the wings, and their 4th line was better aswell, I love when the wings make people eat their stupid words

#842 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,561 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 10:41 PM

still dont know how this team is doing this

incredible 

keep amazing me wings

I know, right? I'm very nervous about this crazy run losing steam, but they keep gut checking.and persevering.

Game 4 is huge. Chicago is going to come out flying. Wings need to keep mistakes to a minimum and never give up. I would be very nervous letting Chicago tie the series. I don't want them to regain their confidence.
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#843 MTU_Huskies963

MTU_Huskies963

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,835 posts

Ok I wanted to make a separate post about this but I won't. What do you guys think about the hit on Franzen? I think it definitely should have been called. The refs call that and Kane doesn't score. And these Blackhawks fans would shut up about the bad reffing. Thoughts?

If he hits him with his shoulder I don't really think it's a penalty, cause franzen did turn late. He hit him and followed through with his stick to the numbers. That is what should have been called, and what forced franzen's face into the boards.

#844 AusWing40

AusWing40

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 311 posts

we outscored them 8-6 so far, I wish it was 8-3

Haha that's what I meant idk why I put 8-3

#845 Vladifan

Vladifan

Legend

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,759 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 10:43 PM

Can someone .GIF Cleary running into the goal post?

He didn't run into it.  He got jammed into it by Seabrook.  Hello?

"He even ate with women who at that time were accorded the same status as the family donkey. Are we willing to break bread with, say, child sex slaves, transgender teens and undocumented workers? Because when Jesus comes back to Earth, that's where he'll be hanging."
You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him.

#846 GoWings1905

GoWings1905

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 5,375 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 10:45 PM

Brunner - 8 points in 10 games (4 goals, 4 assists) keeps getting less ice time every game, this game it was 9 minutes, Cleary gets 17 minutes... makes sense

You basically explained why Brunner has been successful. He's playing against other third liners, instead of top-six forwards where he went in a major slump before. Cleary is much more responsible defensively too. I don't want Brunner out there for significant minutes against Toews or Kane.

Edited by GoWings1905, 21 May 2013 - 09:14 PM.

"To whom much is given, much is expected."

#847 Vladifan

Vladifan

Legend

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,759 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 10:51 PM

Agreed. The Hawks haven't had to really work hard for wins this season and no when the Wings smack them in the mouth they have no answer.

:thumbup:

This season and playoff has been such a joy thus far! It's been a long, long time since Wings weren't expected to win anything.  How fast that the last 21 years of dominance that spoiled most of us is erased in one half season and the new age fans are experiencing what us old timers went through in the 90's.  A team growing together, losing together and learning to win together!  No longer are the most of us spoiled....every win is a bonus, it's been a LONG time since the overwhelming feeling was if we don't win the Cup, we still had a successful season!

I am going to refrain from calling this a rebuild or even a reload...I am calling it the REBIRTH of the Detroit Red Wings...

:clap:

For the trailers:

:clap:  :)

"He even ate with women who at that time were accorded the same status as the family donkey. Are we willing to break bread with, say, child sex slaves, transgender teens and undocumented workers? Because when Jesus comes back to Earth, that's where he'll be hanging."
You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him.

#848 joesuffP

joesuffP

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,176 posts

The good thing is Detroit is getting better with each game... Blackhawks have the ability to win games they don't deserve though.

Hoping for a monumental collapse from Crawford in game 4. We're due playing a goalie that falls apart

#849 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,445 posts

You basically explained why Brunner has been successful. He's playing against other third liners, instead of top-six forwards where he went in a major slump before. Cleary is much more responsible defensively too. I don't want Brunner out there for major minutes against Toews or Kane.

you don't think throwing him with datsyuk or Z once in a while would be good?

#850 Vladifan

Vladifan

Legend

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,759 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 10:52 PM

I find it funny, near the beginning of the game eddie said the blackhawks 3rd lines was so much better than the wings, and their 4th line was better aswell, I love when the wings make people eat their stupid words

:thumbup:

#851 RedLightGoesOn

RedLightGoesOn

Playoff Ice...if you know what I mean

• PipPipPipPip
  • 815 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 10:52 PM

Huge game. We went toe to toe with them and came up big. I agree with the Franzen call, etc, etc.

Game 4 is gonna be huge. We have to keep this up and really put them against the ropes by going up 3-1. We need to have that killer instinct.

40 for life.

#852 St. Michael (the Red Wing)

St. Michael (the Red Wing)

Heavenly With the Puck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,822 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 10:54 PM

LET'S GO RED WINGSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!

#853 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 10:55 PM

I know, right? I'm very nervous about this crazy run losing steam, but they keep gut checking.and persevering.

Game 4 is huge. Chicago is going to come out flying. Wings need to keep mistakes to a minimum and never give up. I would be very nervous letting Chicago tie the series. I don't want them to regain their confidence.

The team has already exceeded expectations.

you don't think throwing him with datsyuk or Z once in a while would be good?

Why break up three successful lines?

#854 Vladifan

Vladifan

Legend

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,759 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 10:55 PM

:thumbs-up:

#855 PavelValerievichDatsyuk

PavelValerievichDatsyuk

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 522 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 11:01 PM

He was definitely pushed, but it didn't look like he was trying stop and I don't think the force of the push was enough for the impact he made.

#856 BottleOfSmoke

BottleOfSmoke

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,136 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 11:03 PM

We went toe to toe with them and came up big.

I guess you could say...

We went Toews to Toews with them.

david-caruso-sunglasses_400_260_c1_cente

LGWsig_zpsa75c5d1e.jpg

#857 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,748 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 11:04 PM

Awesome game. 

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#858 Winterberg

Winterberg

Prospect

• 48 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 11:10 PM

from redditnetderp_medium.gif

edit: I meant to quote the guy asking for the gif, my bad.

Edited by Winterberg, 20 May 2013 - 11:14 PM.

#859 joesuffP

joesuffP

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,176 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 11:11 PM

He was definitely pushed, but it didn't look like he was trying stop and I don't think the force of the push was enough for the impact he made.

Ya Franzen forced his own face into the boards... Best dive of the year went uncalled.. Only thing you can say is Franzen played like he was more hurt than he was

Edit: Sorry thought you meant the Franzen hit from behind

Edited by joesuffP, 20 May 2013 - 11:13 PM.

#860 Winterberg

Winterberg

Prospect

• 48 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 11:11 PM

More from reddit hockey...

o9dgvOo.gif

VDjpmiv.gif

9g0S9T7.gif

edit: sorry for the gif overload, should I just post the links next time?

Edited by Winterberg, 20 May 2013 - 11:13 PM.