Photo
* * * * * 2 votes

WCSF Game 3 GDT - Blackhawks 1 @ Red Wings 3 - (DET leads series 2-1)

• Please log in to reply
910 replies to this topic

#861 Vladifan

Vladifan

Legend

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,759 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 11:15 PM

franzen_zps22db59ab.gif

:clap:   Perfect timing!   :thumbs-up:

"He even ate with women who at that time were accorded the same status as the family donkey. Are we willing to break bread with, say, child sex slaves, transgender teens and undocumented workers? Because when Jesus comes back to Earth, that's where he'll be hanging."
You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him.

#862 thegerkin

thegerkin

Statue of Liberty!!!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,564 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 11:16 PM

Wow, Stalberg hit the boards fast and awkward.

#863 Vladifan

Vladifan

Legend

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,759 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 11:17 PM

He was definitely pushed, but it didn't look like he was trying stop and I don't think the force of the push was enough for the impact he made.

Don't agree.   The force of the net coming off pretty much told the story.

"He even ate with women who at that time were accorded the same status as the family donkey. Are we willing to break bread with, say, child sex slaves, transgender teens and undocumented workers? Because when Jesus comes back to Earth, that's where he'll be hanging."
You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him.

#864 8 Legged RedWing

8 Legged RedWing

Arms... Legs... Whatever.

• Bronze Booster
  • 1,276 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 11:23 PM

What a game. Game 4 is so huge. If the Hawks win and tie the series up going home, they basically have all the momentum back on their side. Gah! Thursday is so far away!

#865 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,127 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 11:28 PM

just came across this video on youtube, made last year after the wings were eliminated, everyone should take a look, guy who made this knew what was up!

and this one for good measure :)

#866 Danielsm

Danielsm

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 480 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 11:59 PM

This Red Wings team has a lot more heart than they showed last year. Maybe it's because half the team is new/young faces, but I love it! They may make bonehead mistakes, but they also find ways to win when it counts.

#867 8 Legged RedWing

8 Legged RedWing

Arms... Legs... Whatever.

• Bronze Booster
  • 1,276 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 12:03 AM

I posted this on NHL.com but I figured I would post my feelings here as well...

Man, it feels great to be on the other end for once. This series is far from over but it is starting to remind me of years like '94, '03, '04, and '06 where I was just so frustrated that the Wings had so much talent and cruised through the regular season only to get out worked and lose to a team with more heart and hunger.

Edited by 8 Legged RedWing, 21 May 2013 - 12:05 AM.

#868 GoWings1905

GoWings1905

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 5,240 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 12:09 AM

you don't think throwing him with datsyuk or Z once in a while would be good?

To be quite honest, I don't right now at all.

That third line has clicked so well together. Breaking them up just doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me. Again, I think Brunner would get exposed defensively playing in the top-six against Chicago.

"To whom much is given, much is expected."

#869 wingsfan4795

wingsfan4795

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,651 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 12:15 AM

It may be homerism, but the more I watch that disallowed goal, the more I agree with it. He didn't touch Howard, but Howard has no way to be in the right position to make that save. If his crease was open, he would have come out to cut the angle off on that shot. Good call. :thumbup:

It will be tough trying to explain that to my Hawks fan friends though... :dntknw:

Good rule of thumb is always take an octopus everywhere. Better to have one and not need it than find yourself thinking, "Damn, I wish I had that octopus".

-Buppy

#870 RedWingsRox

RedWingsRox

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,108 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 12:44 AM

Love watching the Jack Adams finalist and Messier finalist nominees post-game  :lol:

http://video.blackha...nsole?catid=107

#871 Rivalred

Rivalred

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 7,263 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 01:00 AM

Good win, but Chicago still scares me.
  • Ram likes this
D-Fence Avatar Win-O-Meter 8-1

#872 MabusIncarnate

MabusIncarnate

The Truth Is Out There

• Silver Booster Mod
  • 2,203 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 01:05 AM

8763182868_1fab35c204_z.jpg

13585921555_24551f5658.jpg

#873 Johnz96

Johnz96

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,423 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 01:44 AM

It may be homerism, but the more I watch that disallowed goal, the more I agree with it. He didn't touch Howard, but Howard has no way to be in the right position to make that save. If his crease was open, he would have come out to cut the angle off on that shot. Good call. :thumbup:

It will be tough trying to explain that to my Hawks fan friends though... :dntknw:

How many times have we had goals called back because Homer's skate was touching the lip of the crease?

Hawks and their fans should be more pissed off about the penalty to keith late in the game, the infraction was marginal but Brunner retaliated with the exact same offense and was not called for it with 5 mins left in a 3-1 game.

Of course their goal should never have counted, because the play should have been whistled dead when Franzen got hit from behin into the boards before the goal was scored.

The officiating as usual has been terrible. They affect the outcome of games, which affects the series which affects who wins the Cup. I know hockey is fast and it's hard to get it right all the time but the Keith call was pathetic especially considering that Brunner retaliated instantly and the ref that called keith for a shove to the back of keith's head must have seen Brunner respond with the same

Edited by Johnz96, 21 May 2013 - 01:53 AM.

#874 Johnz96

Johnz96

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,423 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 01:53 AM

8763182868_1fab35c204_z.jpg

Haven't seen richdg around here lately

#875 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,608 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 07:19 AM

In 257 Conference-era playoff games...

Club's record with Detroit scoring 3-or-more goals: 129W-22L

Club's record with Detroit scoring 2-or-fewer goals: 25W-81L.

"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.

#876 Jocke

Jocke

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 356 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 07:29 AM

Nyquist really showing flashes of brilliance with the patience on his goal and on that rush in the first where he tried to deke against 2 defencemen.

#877 drumnj

drumnj

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 755 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 08:17 AM

Saw this on another board.

Nyquist is apparently learning quickly from another teammate.

Got FSD setup with all it's glory.  Plan to have pre and post game coverage along with Wingspan and 24/7.  Youtube page: RedWingsLive1

Red Wings and Griffins Live Games Check my profile
Always looking for people to help with the site, be it coding (PHP & JS) or design work. PM me if you'd be interested.

Cleary on, Mike!
Cleary on, Ken!
Dan's World, Dan's World... Mediocrity!... Excellent!

#878 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,608 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 08:41 AM

http://www.chicagotr...0,2324297.story

"I think that's the first time that I've seen 'in the crease' called since about 2000," Crawford said.

Hey Crawford, considering your first full season wasn't until 2010-11, I think you are just talking out your ass...btw he should watch this video....(from the other thread....)

Edited by LeftWinger, 21 May 2013 - 08:43 AM.

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

Aww You Mad Bro? Are You Butt Hurt?

#879 Seraph

Seraph

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,142 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 08:51 AM

Good win, but Chicago still scares me.

I am as pumped as anyone else, but a lot of bounces went our way this game. The Hawks looked scary in the first and third. We happened to get two rapid goals in succession to get them playing out of a hole, and they arguably tied the game in the third. Now they are pissed. Game 4 is going to be huge. We have to somehow steal that one as well before we can really start feeling good about ourselves.

Formerly known as The Nephilim.

QUOTE (Amberoonie)
Babs sure hurries himself into the presser, sits down, and f*cks up a bottle of water like no one in the room has had any for days.

#880 wingslogo19

wingslogo19

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,234 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 09:35 AM

A huge win!! Love to see the Joe rocking hard. What an amazing goal by Gus. Game 4 is so far away.

IPB Image