• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest The Axe

Brunner's Best

Rate this topic

Guest The Axe

I dont know if you saw it last game, but Brunner went below the goal line in our zone and completely negated his man with a great check. It didnt rattle the glass. It didnt change the momentum. What it did was allow another Wing to pick up the idle puck and move it up ice. What it did was show that one of our floaters is changing into a good overall hockey player. Datsyuk, Z, and Flip are great examples of forwards who play goal line to goal line. When our fast guys (Andersson, Emdog, Nyquist, Brunner, and Helm) do the same, the opponent will be hard pressed to keep up and have enough man power and energy to outskate our young d. In short, big step for Brunner. Goals and taking away goals now. Props.

He's coming along, and has a long way to go, but I truly believe that if you can skate well enough to keep up then you can play defense in the NHL. Maybe he won't be a world class defensive foward, but if Brunner can skate along and lift sticks, poke check, etc. then he'd be doing all that was asked of him.

Guest The Axe

He's coming along, and has a long way to go, but I truly believe that if you can skate well enough to keep up then you can play defense in the NHL. Maybe he won't be a world class defensive foward, but if Brunner can skate along and lift sticks, poke check, etc. then he'd be doing all that was asked of him.

Agreed. I just noticed that every time Smith was being pressured in game 1 and having trouble clearing the puck, either Bertuzzi or Brunner was standing around at the blue line waiting instead of digging in and getting dirty in the corners. Lidstrom could outplay 2 guys and find the open man. Right now, Smith cannot. The forwards, incliding our wingers, need to pitch in on the defensive battles. The smaller guys dont need to smear people. They just need to get in the way.

He's been improving a lot. I've been watching his backchecking and pressure on their team and he's showing more poise in doing so. When he started this season you could tell he wasn't used to it, floating everywhere, but now he's in there giving them hell and even using his body. I like it. I also think scoring some in the PO has helped his confidence. His scoring drought and being demoted probably didn't help with that, but it allowed him to compete with people on his level, or even below him giving him the edge.

1st season in North America, more games and travel then he's had to endure before, 1st NHL play off experience, he started on a high, exerienced some lows and he is improving with every game. Sign him, he is a keeper and he is a part of a wicked 3rd line with the potential for alot more. I'm a Brunner fan.

Guest The Axe

1st season in North America, more games and travel then he's had to endure before, 1st NHL play off experience, he started on a high, exerienced some lows and he is improving with every game. Sign him, he is a keeper and he is a part of a wicked 3rd line with the potential for alot more. I'm a Brunner fan.

Well said. 5 years, 10 mil. Do it.

I don't think it's unreasonable to think he could put on about 10 more pounds in the offseason with professional training and fitness coaches. Bulk this kid up to 195 and you'll see every area of his game improve. I'm looking for him to be a big deal going forward.

Guest The Axe

I don't think it's unreasonable to think he could put on about 10 more pounds in the offseason with professional training and fitness coaches. Bulk this kid up to 195 and you'll see every area of his game improve. I'm looking for him to be a big deal going forward.

The juice.

Not that hilarious though. The Wings are going to need Nyquist to maintain both balls in prime condition. It's playoff time!

If hitting him in the balls before every game makes him score goals like the one tonight, then I will volunteer to bust his nuts personally!

Did anyone notice the odd occurrence in todays game?

BRUNNER HIT SOMEONE!!!!!!

:nhl_crach:

he destroyed one of the d right next to the net, i am not sure what the d was doing because he just stopped and got ran over by brunner

Edited by Sprsquirt7