• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Louisville

Hey Hawks fans....

Rate this topic

They have been crying a lot about the Shaw no goal, and even Yahoo sports has decided to question it. I'd just like to say, welcome to our world!!!

Yahoo article http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck-daddy/blackhawks-robbed-refs-no-goal-game-3-vs-020920646.html

Edited by Louisville

I got through about 5 minutes of that video and had to stop watching because I was getting too pissed off. lol

Check out @ 5:45... I never remember Mickey getting that angry. Hands down though, the worst one is definitely around the 12:30 mark, it's disgusting.

Edited by Louisville

His skate was in the crease! NO GOAL!

Fact is that first goal doesn't happen if that boarding on Franzen is called. The influence isn't there when the 2nd goal gets scored because the first goal didn't count.

Point being, FINAL SCORE 3-1. Even if they both count, guess what, FINAL SCORE 3-2. We win either way, it wasn't like Datsyuks filthy snipe was on an empty net. A call goes in the wings favor for once, deal with it Hawks fans and stop being sore losers.

I hope the Blackhawks players are as focused on the no-goal interference call as their fans. That means they're not focused on what's really beating them. We are swarming all over their best players with our speed, which means the role players have to step it up and at this point, they're not. Since the Wings got that extra day of rest after Game 1, we look much quicker and Chicago is going to have to figure out a way to deal with that because we're getting another extra day of rest before Game 4. Playing like goons and whining about calls won't cut it either.

NHL Network had the proper take on it, essentially the blue crease is the goalies and you cant literally camp out there, which shaw did. he made no effort to get out of the crease when the puck wasnt there. it was a bordeline call but the missed call on the franzen hit was too. i say it was all fair in playoff hockey.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/page.htm?id=26480

69.3 Contact Inside the Goal Crease - If an attacking player initiates contact with a goalkeeper, incidental or otherwise, while the goalkeeper is in his goal crease, and a goal is scored, the goal will be disallowed.

If a goalkeeper, in the act of establishing his position within his goal crease, initiates contact with an attacking player who is in the goal crease, and this results in an impairment of the goalkeeper’s ability to defend his goal, and a goal is scored, the goal will be disallowed.

If, after any contact by a goalkeeper who is attempting to establish position in his goal crease, the attacking player does not immediately vacate his current position in the goal crease (i.e. give ground to the goalkeeper), and a goal is scored, the goal will be disallowed. In all such cases, whether or not a goal is scored, the attacking player will receive a minor penalty for goalkeeper interference.

If an attacking player establishes a significant position within the goal crease, so as to obstruct the goalkeeper’s vision and impair his ability to defend his goal, and a goal is scored, the goal will be disallowed.

For this purpose, a player “establishes a significant position within the crease” when, in the Referee’s judgment, his body, or a substantial portion thereof, is within the goal crease for more than an instantaneous period of time.

TSN's TH2N pointed this out, I think Quinville needs to read the rule book. Good call by the ref.

Edited by Smite

I say, let the Blackhawks fans whine. Based on attendence, most of them have only been watching hockey for about 5 years and have nothing but biased, homer calls and announcers as the basis of their judgement. I said it in the GDT, Homer in the crease and that goal is waved off every time. If it was the Wings in the crease and their goal stood, Hawks fans would be screaming bloody murder. So, you can't have it both ways. If anything, at least it's been consistently called that way for the last 20 years.

I'd respect them more if they brought it up as an inconsistency of the refs when it followed a goal that should have been whistled dead before by a no call penalty. But, they are only acting like the refs have only been screwing them.

Also, the bitching about us roughing them up seems to fall flat too considering Bickell and Shaw have been hitting our guys in the head since game 1.

I just... I just.... *head explodes*

Holmstrom was my favorite player... it's a crime what they did to him.

I am curious when the rule changed allowing players to have more than 1 millimeter of their skate in the crease, Holmstrom would have dominated in this day and age of Hockey. 50 goal scorer for multiple years.

Well they can't admit we are outworking them, so they have to put the blame somewhere. When in doubt, question the officiating.

Hawk fans need to stop whinning

Yall make it sound like people in here haven't done the same. There have been plenty crybabies about the officiating in here in the past, myself included. You can write a novel on it if you dug deep long enough for posts in here. Same in pretty much any fan forum.
Flip the teams in reverse with the interference/no-goal call, I guarantee the majority in here throws a hissy fit, understandably so.
The officiating was terrible for both teams last game. Did the better team ultimately win last night? I think so, but officials played a bigger hand than necessary in determining the outcome. Like anybody else, I don't like when that occurs.
With that said, I've learned that despite that stuff there it is stupid in using the officials as a scapegoat in the result. Fans of ANY TEAM shoud drop the officiaiting stinks card.
There's no point to it. Is it right that there is the potential/risk for bad officiating like this? No. But given that we've seen this so much over the years (i.e. Holmstrom no goals alone due to interference), why should we expect anything different anytime soon?

Yall make it sound like people in here haven't done the same. There have been plenty crybabies about the officiating in here in the past, myself included. You can write a novel on it if you dug deep long enough for posts in here. Same in pretty much any fan forum.
Flip the teams in reverse with the interference/no-goal call, I guarantee the majority in here throws a hissy fit, understandably so.
The officiating was terrible for both teams last game. Did the better team ultimately win last night? I think so, but officials played a bigger hand than necessary in determining the outcome. Like anybody else, I don't like when that occurs.
With that said, I've learned that despite that stuff there it is stupid in using the officials as a scapegoat in the result. Fans of ANY TEAM shoud drop the officiaiting stinks card.
There's no point to it. Is it right that there is the potential/risk for bad officiating like this? No. But given that we've seen this so much over the years (i.e. Holmstrom no goals alone due to interference), why should we expect anything different anytime soon?

It happend to them 1 game last night. That's my point

It happend to them 1 game last night. That's my point

Just because it might have happened to them 1 game (and it's probably happened to them more - just like any other team) doesn't make it any more right to yank on their fans when our fan base would be throwing the same hissy fit. Whining about the refs is stupid no matter how much/little they have too much of an influence.

Those are my points.

Guest RedWingsDad

Just because it might have happened to them 1 game (and it's probably happened to them more - just like any other team) doesn't make it any more right to yank on their fans when our fan base would be throwing the same hissy fit. Whining about the refs is stupid no matter how much/little they have too much of an influence.

Those are my points.

I disagree. It's fun to rip on their fans... it's also therapeutic and helps to heal our wounds inflicted by all the Holmstrom interference and no goal calls.

Also... someone should tell Micky how stupid he is to "whine" about bad call's.... that idiot.

I disagree. It's fun to rip on their fans... it's also therapeutic and helps to heal our wounds inflicted by all the Holmstrom interference and no goal calls.

Also... someone should tell Micky how stupid he is to "whine" about bad call's.... that idiot.

It may be fun, but it's hypocritical beyond the max for when the next time you or one of our fans whine about officiating and trying to justify about why in our case it's okay to do so.

Poor Hawks "fans". They just don't understand that was a blatant in the crease no-goal. Shaw was camped out there. It's not like he had half a boot in the blue for a couple seconds. We all realize it because we have the experiance of Homer getting called for those in the past at critical times. Hawks haven't had any critical games to draw experiance from except in the last 4 years. We wouldn't even be questioning that no-goal call if it was Homer.