• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Louisville

Hey Hawks fans....

Rate this topic

It may be fun, but it's hypocritical beyond the max for when the next time you or one of our fans whine about officiating and trying to justify about why in our case it's okay to do so.

They do the same thing, every fan base does it. Guess what, the players and teams do it too!

What fun would it be if the wings are winning a playoff series and I can't taunt/mock the opposing teams fans for whining, and their team being babies?

If that call would have been against the Wings and disallowed our tying goal.....the Detroit river would have ran red with blood and Royal Oak would have burned to the ground.

Hell im a 41 year old aown bizness owner and like to think I have my s*** together but when Mule was boarded and Hawks scored I threw a bottle of grey goose across my yard into me naybors pool!!!

Yes we like to think we are the classiest fans but c'mon....we are more fanatical than anyone about our team and I ******* hate the hawks fans with a passion and love sticking it in the heart and twisting it...f*** em, pile on dont stop, if you havent trolled a Hawks fan you really should!!!!

If that call would have been against the Wings and disallowed our tying goal.....the Detroit river would have ran red with blood and Royal Oak would have burned to the ground.

Hell im a 41 year old aown bizness owner and like to think I have my s*** together but when Mule was boarded and Hawks scored I threw a bottle of grey goose across my yard into me naybors pool!!!

Yes we like to think we are the classiest fans but c'mon....we are more fanatical than anyone about our team and If****** hate the hawks fans with a passion and love sticking it in the heart and twisting it...f*** em, pile on dont stop, if you havent trolled a Hawks fan you really should!!!!

thats one lucky neighbor

Yes we like to think we are the classiest fans but c'mon....we are more fanatical than anyone about our team and If****** hate the hawks fans with a passion and love sticking it in the heart and twisting it...f*** em, pile on dont stop, if you havent trolled a Hawks fan you really should!!!!

Want to move next to me?

They do the same thing, every fan base does it. Guess what, the players and teams do it too!

What fun would it be if the wings are winning a playoff series and I can't taunt/mock the opposing teams fans for whining, and their team being babies?

If you're prepared to take it back just as much, by all means do so.
Getting into other fan bases isn't my deal. I get it, I understand rivalries and all that jazz.
We've seen plenty gams where refs played too much of a role where the Wings were on the losing end. It'll happen again at some point, as well as the Hawks like last night or any other team, whenever those game may be. Telling other fans that they are sour pusses though about officiating is rich when we've been sour about it plenty as well.
Which is why I stay out of the blaming referees for a loss game as much as possible. It's a cop-out excuse.
Edited by SouthernWingsFan

If you're prepared to take it back just as much, by all means do so.
Getting into other fan bases isn't my deal. I get it, I understand rivalries and all that jazz.
We've seen plenty gams where refs played too much of a role where the Wings were on the losing end. It'll happen again at some point, as well as the Hawks like last night or any other team, whenever those game may be. Telling other fans that they are sour pusses though about officiating is rich when we've been sour about it plenty as well.
Which is why I stay out of the blaming referees for a loss game as much as possible. It's a cop-out excuse.

I don't blame refs, unless it is horrendously lop-sided. Last night the reffing was pretty bad, but it went both ways, Shaw got away with quite a bit as did others, and we got some pretty weak calls against us, kanes goal would not have happened if it was whistled dead when franzen when down, that dropped us to 4 guys and they scored, it happens, but the make up disallowed goal was wrong from the refs, but I will take it, we still won. Sometimes you have to beat the refs too, and the hawks couldn't beat jimmy and the refs, such is life, I expect them to come out hard next game, I hope Jimmy is up to it

NHL Network had the proper take on it, essentially the blue crease is the goalies and you cant literally camp out there, which shaw did. he made no effort to get out of the crease when the puck wasnt there. it was a bordeline call but the missed call on the franzen hit was too. i say it was all fair in playoff hockey.

I think it was a makeup call but the bolded statement is a legitimate reason to call it. Now, the refs only owe us about 4,932 makeups for the calls against Homer.

It may be fun, but it's hypocritical beyond the max for when the next time you or one of our fans whine about officiating and trying to justify about why in our case it's okay to do so.

This is all very logical,and yep, it can be a drag; but we have no control over whining or anything else on either board. Unless any one of us goes berserk and breaks the rules in the process, it's a moot point.

I hope the Blackhawks players are as focused on the no-goal interference call as their fans. That means they're not focused on what's really beating them. We are swarming all over their best players with our speed, which means the role players have to step it up and at this point, they're not. Since the Wings got that extra day of rest after Game 1, we look much quicker and Chicago is going to have to figure out a way to deal with that because we're getting another extra day of rest before Game 4. Playing like goons and whining about calls won't cut it either.

couldn't agree more. the last two lines are outplaying chicago in a big way right now. that doesn't seem to have happened during the regular season for them against anybody. the hawks are showing their lack of poise on each line. i don't think the wings have looked this fresh yet the entire year (well, maybe except for the last four games or so of the reg season). i had a mini-argument with someone at the beginning of the anaheim series about our 3rd line and i feel more strongly about their performance now than i did prior to the playoffs. they continue to do their job. they're a big part of winning that anaheim series and leading this one. props to the kids!

Bill Clement said it was the right call. If Bill Clement says its the right call, its the right call. You can't argue with Bill Clement.

Bill Clement

lol, that post got me thinking of this

Edited by TigerDan

My neighbors are Cap fans so during the Spring they understand to wear helmets during Redwing games.

Side note.... She texted me today requesting I throw blue cheese stuffed olives over next game:)

So what you're saying is that your neighbors have lots of time and heartache to account for each spring?

Wings will get some sort of goalie interference or a goal called back on Thursday you can bank on it

Kane never should have got the opportunity to skate up ice and score. The play should have been blown on that one and the Wings should have had a PP they could have scored on and gone up 3-0 instead of Hawks fans moaning about the called off goal that could have tied it at 2's. The playing field was already evened, but the even up came our way for a change, just like when the Hawks were getting away with murder in the first half of the game and the refs finally gave us an even up call on the Keith penalty, which was the weakest penalty call of the entire NHL season and playoffs.

^^^

This is speaking the truth! Man I am loving these playoffs. It's nice to sit back a little and relax since your team isn't expected to do anything having squeaked into the playoffs. It has been especially nice to see other teams do the things we did time and again when WE were the favorites. Things like run into a hot goalie, have superior talent but get beaten by hard work & puck luck, and watch as your top talent comes up lacking in key situations.

Edited by freshy

^^^

This is speaking the truth! Man I am loving these playoffs. It's nice to sit back a little and relax since your team isn't expected to do anything having squeaked into the playoffs. It has been especially nice to see other teams do the things we did time and again when WE were the favorites. Things like run into a hot goalie, have superior talent but get beaten by hard work & puck luck, and watch as your top talent comes up lacking in key situations.

It's kinda nice to see the Wings actually working for a change to win games instead of relying on skill and being upset when they get outworked by a less skilled team. Hopefully we have our skilled prospects come up and keep the work ethics that got them to where they are.