• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#21 wingslogo19

wingslogo19

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,234 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 09:56 AM

Yall make it sound like people in here haven't done the same.  There have been plenty crybabies about the officiating in here in the past, myself included.  You can write a novel on it if you dug deep long enough for posts in here.  Same in pretty much any fan forum.

Flip the teams in reverse with the interference/no-goal call, I guarantee the majority in here throws a hissy fit, understandably so.

The officiating was terrible for both teams last game.  Did the better team ultimately win last night?  I think so, but officials played a bigger hand than necessary in determining the outcome.  Like anybody else, I don't like when that occurs.

With that said, I've learned that despite that stuff there it is stupid in using the officials as a scapegoat in the result.  Fans of ANY TEAM shoud drop the officiaiting stinks card.

There's no point to it. Is it right that there is the potential/risk for bad officiating like this?  No.  But given that we've seen this so much over the years (i.e. Holmstrom no goals alone due to interference), why should we expect anything different anytime soon?

It happend to them 1 game last night. That's my point

IPB Image

#22 SouthernWingsFan

SouthernWingsFan

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 24,609 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 10:00 AM

It happend to them 1 game last night. That's my point

Just because it might have happened to them 1 game (and it's probably happened to them more - just like any other team) doesn't make it any more right to yank on their fans when our fan base would be throwing the same hissy fit.  Whining about the refs is stupid no matter how much/little they have too much of an influence.

Those are my points.

#23 RedWingsDad

RedWingsDad

Bigot

• Restricted
  • PipPip
  • 437 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 10:27 AM

Just because it might have happened to them 1 game (and it's probably happened to them more - just like any other team) doesn't make it any more right to yank on their fans when our fan base would be throwing the same hissy fit.  Whining about the refs is stupid no matter how much/little they have too much of an influence.

Those are my points.

I disagree. It's fun to rip on their fans... it's also therapeutic and helps to heal our wounds inflicted by all the Holmstrom interference and no goal calls. 

Also... someone should tell Micky how stupid he is to "whine" about bad call's.... that idiot.

Tim Thomas - Patriot and generally awesome human being.

Romans 10:13 - For whoever calls on the name of the Lord shall be saved.

#24 SouthernWingsFan

SouthernWingsFan

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 24,609 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 10:30 AM

I disagree. It's fun to rip on their fans... it's also therapeutic and helps to heal our wounds inflicted by all the Holmstrom interference and no goal calls. 

Also... someone should tell Micky how stupid he is to "whine" about bad call's.... that idiot.

It may be fun, but it's hypocritical beyond the max for when the next time you or one of our fans whine about officiating and trying to justify about why in our case it's okay to do so.

#25 freshy

freshy

Freshy

• PipPipPip
  • 742 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 11:52 AM

Poor Hawks "fans". They just don't understand that was a blatant in the crease no-goal. Shaw was camped out there. It's not like he had half a boot in the blue for a couple seconds. We all realize it because we have the experiance of Homer getting called for those in the past at critical times. Hawks haven't had any critical games to draw experiance from except in the last 4 years. We wouldn't even be questioning that no-goal call if it was Homer.

You gotta be the QB to win the MVP baby! You can't be the punter.

#26 brett

brett

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,980 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 12:09 PM

someone should make a video of all the holmstrom goals that were waived off

#27 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,251 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 12:31 PM

It may be fun, but it's hypocritical beyond the max for when the next time you or one of our fans whine about officiating and trying to justify about why in our case it's okay to do so.

They do the same thing, every fan base does it. Guess what, the players and teams do it too!

What fun would it be if the wings are winning a playoff series and I can't taunt/mock the opposing teams fans for whining, and their team being babies?

#28 beachwing

beachwing

Reader

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,253 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 01:06 PM

If that call would have been against the Wings and disallowed our tying goal.....the Detroit river would have ran red with blood and Royal Oak would have burned to the ground.

Hell im a 41 year old aown bizness owner and like to think I have my s*** together but when Mule was boarded and Hawks scored I threw a bottle of grey goose across my yard into me naybors pool!!!

Yes we like to think we are the classiest fans but c'mon....we are more fanatical than anyone about our team and If****** hate the hawks fans with a passion and love sticking it in the heart and twisting it...f*** em, pile on dont stop, if you havent trolled a Hawks fan you really should!!!!

#29 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,251 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 01:11 PM

If that call would have been against the Wings and disallowed our tying goal.....the Detroit river would have ran red with blood and Royal Oak would have burned to the ground.

Hell im a 41 year old aown bizness owner and like to think I have my s*** together but when Mule was boarded and Hawks scored I threw a bottle of grey goose across my yard into me naybors pool!!!

Yes we like to think we are the classiest fans but c'mon....we are more fanatical than anyone about our team and If****** hate the hawks fans with a passion and love sticking it in the heart and twisting it...f*** em, pile on dont stop, if you havent trolled a Hawks fan you really should!!!!

thats one lucky neighbor

#30 GoalieManPat

GoalieManPat

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,364 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 01:20 PM

Want to move next to me?

#31 beachwing

beachwing

Reader

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,253 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 01:29 PM

My neighbors are Cap fans so during the Spring they understand to wear helmets during Redwing games.

Side note.... She texted me today requesting I throw blue cheese stuffed olives over next game:)

#32 SouthernWingsFan

SouthernWingsFan

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 24,609 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 01:40 PM

They do the same thing, every fan base does it. Guess what, the players and teams do it too!

What fun would it be if the wings are winning a playoff series and I can't taunt/mock the opposing teams fans for whining, and their team being babies?

If you're prepared to take it back just as much, by all means do so.

Getting into other fan bases isn't my deal.  I get it, I understand rivalries and all that jazz.

We've seen plenty gams where refs played too much of a role where the Wings were on the losing end.  It'll happen again at some point, as well as the Hawks like last night or any other team, whenever those game may be.  Telling other fans that they are sour pusses though about officiating is rich when we've been sour about it plenty as well.

Which is why I stay out of the blaming referees for a loss game as much as possible.  It's a cop-out excuse.

Edited by SouthernWingsFan, 21 May 2013 - 01:41 PM.

#33 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,251 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 02:29 PM

If you're prepared to take it back just as much, by all means do so.

Getting into other fan bases isn't my deal.  I get it, I understand rivalries and all that jazz.

We've seen plenty gams where refs played too much of a role where the Wings were on the losing end.  It'll happen again at some point, as well as the Hawks like last night or any other team, whenever those game may be.  Telling other fans that they are sour pusses though about officiating is rich when we've been sour about it plenty as well.

Which is why I stay out of the blaming referees for a loss game as much as possible.  It's a cop-out excuse.

I don't blame refs, unless it is horrendously lop-sided. Last night the reffing was pretty bad, but it went both ways, Shaw got away with quite a bit as did others, and we got some pretty weak calls against us, kanes goal would not have happened if it was whistled dead when franzen when down, that dropped us to 4 guys and they scored, it happens, but the make up disallowed goal was wrong from the refs, but I will take it, we still won. Sometimes you have to beat the refs too, and the hawks couldn't beat jimmy and the refs, such is life, I expect them to come out hard next game, I hope Jimmy is up to it 

#34 Vladifan

Vladifan

Legend

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,759 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 02:34 PM

NHL Network had the proper take on it, essentially the blue crease is the goalies and you cant literally camp out there, which shaw did. he made no effort to get out of the crease when the puck wasnt there. it was a bordeline call but the missed call on the franzen hit was too. i say it was all fair in playoff hockey.

I think it was a makeup call but the bolded statement is a legitimate reason to call it.  Now, the refs only owe us about 4,932 makeups for the calls against Homer.  

"He even ate with women who at that time were accorded the same status as the family donkey. Are we willing to break bread with, say, child sex slaves, transgender teens and undocumented workers? Because when Jesus comes back to Earth, that's where he'll be hanging."
You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him.

#35 Vladifan

Vladifan

Legend

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,759 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 02:39 PM

This is all very logical,and yep, it can be a drag;  but we have no control over whining or anything else on either board.  Unless any one of us goes berserk and breaks the rules in the process, it's a moot point.  

"He even ate with women who at that time were accorded the same status as the family donkey. Are we willing to break bread with, say, child sex slaves, transgender teens and undocumented workers? Because when Jesus comes back to Earth, that's where he'll be hanging."
You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him.

#36 Bully76

Bully76

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 60 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 03:41 PM

I hope the Blackhawks players are as focused on the no-goal interference call as their fans.  That means they're not focused on what's really beating them.  We are swarming all over their best players with our speed, which means the role players have to step it up and at this point, they're not.  Since the Wings got that extra day of rest after Game 1, we look much quicker and Chicago is going to have to figure out a way to deal with that because we're getting another extra day of rest before Game 4.  Playing like goons and whining about calls won't cut it either.

couldn't agree more. the last two lines are outplaying chicago in a big way right now. that doesn't seem to have happened during the regular season for them against anybody. the hawks are showing their lack of poise on each line. i don't think the wings have looked this fresh yet the entire year (well, maybe except for the last four games or so of the reg season). i had a mini-argument with someone at the beginning of the anaheim series about our 3rd line and i feel more strongly about their performance now than i did prior to the playoffs. they continue to do their job. they're a big part of winning that anaheim series and leading this one. props to the kids!

"If I had a dime for every time I was wrong, I'd be broke."

-Stephen Colbert

#37 wingsfan4795

wingsfan4795

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,651 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 04:37 PM

Bill Clement said it was the right call. If Bill Clement says its the right call, its the right call. You can't argue with Bill Clement.

Bill Clement

Good rule of thumb is always take an octopus everywhere. Better to have one and not need it than find yourself thinking, "Damn, I wish I had that octopus".

-Buppy

#38 Louisville

Louisville

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,513 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 08:50 PM

Bill Clement said it was the right call. If Bill Clement says its the right call, its the right call. You can't argue with Bill Clement.

Bill Clement

Dude...I just spit up tea on my monitor

#39 wingsfan4795

wingsfan4795

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,651 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 09:16 PM

Dude...I just spit up tea on my monitor

Is Bill clement not your cup of tea?

THE Bill Clement

Good rule of thumb is always take an octopus everywhere. Better to have one and not need it than find yourself thinking, "Damn, I wish I had that octopus".

-Buppy

#40 TigerDan

TigerDan

Goon

• Pip
  • 65 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 09:29 PM

Bill Clement

lol, that post got me thinking of this

Edited by TigerDan, 21 May 2013 - 09:33 PM.

"This young man has had a very trying rookie season. What with the litigation, the notoriety, his subsequent deportation to Canada and that country's refusal to accept him? Whhelll, I guess that's more than most 21 year olds could handle."