• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
raidedredwing2

Should we bring Tootoo in for game 4?

Rate this topic

Normaly im not for changing a lineup while we are winning but would it make sense to bring in Jordin Tootoo for game 4? He is a fresh pair of legs that can draw penaltys from time to time and right now Chicago is very frustrated and i think puting him in the line-up for game 4 may work out in our favor. I do realize that he can be prone to taking penaltys but right now Brendan Smith has that title.

Does anyone else feel like this could be a good move?

Cleary/Abdelkader/Tootoo for game 4?

Guest The Axe

No. Smith and Franzen have to fight. Fight club style. Franzen is a minus 6 and Smith ... well, lets just say he needs to beat someone up. I want to see if Bickell can take a good ass whooping. Get up 5-0 and then send Smith over to rumble.

No. We need Cleary he's pissing them off immensely. We need all our fourth line. Pk masters. Our third line is dominant. So that leaves Abby fil franzen or pav or z. Soo no. I love toots. But Abby Cleary smith big rig will enforce next game. Q will stay out of it because of his jaw. Hence not dropping the gloves hen getting manhandled after the whistle last game. Maybe he's not as dumb as he looks.

I'm a big toughness and fighting guy. But absolutely not, you don't win the Cup by fighting guys like Bickell and Shaw. You win the Cup laughing at those 2 dummies continue to screw their team by taking dumb penalties. Keep composed, and this series will be over quick.

I love Tootoo. Heck, I named my new hamster after him. If that's not love, what is?

It's not that I don't want to see Tootoo, it's that I don't see how putting him in would improve what we have.

Our first and third lines are pretty much untouchable. That leaves the second line, where he doesn't belong, and the fourth line, which consists of Eaves, Emmerton, and Miller.

Emmerton is the weak link on that line-and I'm in no way saying that he's been bad, just that he's not as good as the other two- but he's a centre. If Miller had a history of flipping between centre and RW, I'd say, "why not?" But that's not the case.

Also we have the Todd and the Shinguard Assassin in the press box as well. I'd put them in before Tootoo.

If someone goons things up and we need Tootoo's skill set, by all means, put him in. If (God forbid) we get injuries, I'm glad he's there. As it stands, as much as I love him, there just isn't a place for him that can't better be filled by someone else.

Not against the idea but like the majority here, unless injuries strike, keep the guys that have been successful in the recent past.

You can definitely make a case for if he should be played over Bertuzzi and Samuelsson given their limited playing time this season, but I don't think you can make a case for him over the current lineup.

I love Tootoo. Heck, I named my new hamster after him. If that's not love, what is?

It's not that I don't want to see Tootoo, it's that I don't see how putting him in would improve what we have.

Our first and third lines are pretty much untouchable. That leaves the second line, where he doesn't belong, and the fourth line, which consists of Eaves, Emmerton, and Miller.

Emmerton is the weak link on that line-and I'm in no way saying that he's been bad, just that he's not as good as the other two- but he's a centre. If Miller had a history of flipping between centre and RW, I'd say, "why not?" But that's not the case.

Also we have the Todd and the Shinguard Assassin in the press box as well. I'd put them in before Tootoo.

If someone goons things up and we need Tootoo's skill set, by all means, put him in. If (God forbid) we get injuries, I'm glad he's there. As it stands, as much as I love him, there just isn't a place for him that can't better be filled by someone else.

I agree. Emmerton is the only 'weak link', and the Wings need him to play center.

IMO with the lineup Chicago used last night, the Wings don't need to worry about being pushed around. The Hawks do have tougher players in the press-box, but Shaw and Bickell are easily matched by Abby, E, and Smith.

a bit off topic, about your signature, but I have been racking my brain, who on this team is named Andrew?

Like it or not, fighting is not the Red Wings game. Speed is our game and its won the last two. Unless you're inserting a Darren Helm into the lineup, not need to mess with the winning formula.

Neither team is a fighting team, but the HAwks certainly aren't the physical force the wings are, and the wings are taking it to them, imagine tootoo in there ratcheting it up even further.

Guest Hatethedrake!

Normaly im not for changing a lineup while we are winning but would it make sense to bring in Jordin Tootoo for game 4? He is a fresh pair of legs that can draw penaltys from time to time and right now Chicago is very frustrated and i think puting him in the line-up for game 4 may work out in our favor. I do realize that he can be prone to taking penaltys but right now Brendan Smith has that title.

Does anyone else feel like this could be a good move?

Cleary/Abdelkader/Tootoo for game 4?

No. Abdelkader is playing way too well on the top line with Dats and Mule. Plus I like Emdog's game right now with Eaves and Miller. Status quo next game.

a bit off topic, about your signature, but I have been racking my brain, who on this team is named Andrew?

That's Miller. The one that confused me at first was James. Damn nicknames. :)

Edit: Forgot to reply to the thread...

I wouldn't play Toots, but I don't think it's a terrible idea either. I think we could afford to bench Cleary and bump Eaves up into his spot. It would give us a little more speed and physicality.

Edited by Buppy

DO NOT CHANGE ANYTHING.

Right now the entire team is playing fantastic. Don't risk messing up our momentum/chemistry/what ever is going on. The Hawks are the ones that need to react to us now. Not the other way around.

That's Miller. The one that confused me at first was James. Damn nicknames. :)

Edit: Forgot to reply to the thread...

I wouldn't play Toots, but I don't think it's a terrible idea either. I think we could afford to bench Cleary and bump Eaves up into his spot. It would give us a little more speed and physicality.

I knew James right away I didn't even put two and two together to get (an)Drew Miller lol

As much as I would love to see Tootoo in to wipe the ice clean with Bickell and Shaw, putting him in after the implosion of the Hawks last game would only show a sign that you mean to be more aggressive and that would draw unwanted attention to your team thus resulting in a penalty every time Tootoo even looked at a Hawk....

As much as I would love to see Tootoo in to wipe the ice clean with Bickell and Shaw, putting him in after the implosion of the Hawks last game would only show a sign that you mean to be more aggressive and that would draw unwanted attention to your team thus resulting in a penalty every time Tootoo even looked at a Hawk....

Dickell and Shaw had their fun, coach Q will have to keep them under control now. I just loved Z laughing at Shaw.

Id be all for it if Miller/ Eaves didn't score a goal in this last game. I think the weakest guy on the team right now is Clearey, but he hasn't been playing badly at all.

Don't mess with it.