• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
raidedredwing2

Should we bring Tootoo in for game 4?

Rate this topic

Yes let's fight and take penalties, why stop with Tootoo? Lets see if we can bring up a goon from the minors too!!! Are you kidding me? This is the playoffs, we don't need a heavy. Did anyone touch Pavel not with Abby skating around. Bring in Tootoo for who? Miller nope Emdog nope Eaves nope Cleary nope. Teams fine don't change a thing. 26 hits in 2 periods 6 from Abby stay hard on their D.

Im as big of Tootoo fan as u can be here and would love to see him just because I love his game and energy and attitude BUT....

With that being said I think the game the Hawks are playing would make it very tuff for #22 to keep skating away laffing like Cleary does.

As fun as it would be to see Toots mutilate a Hawk, thats exactly what they want and he may even pick up an extra 10 the way the refs are seeing things.

Ive noticed this for years and years....our team never pulls the cheap excessive bulls*** that every team pulls on us instead we just skate away...thats the Redwing way and I love that aspect to our game.

Make no mistake, the league knows we are NOT the same ole Wings though and can thrash if needed. The young guys swarm the net when people get near Jimmy, cNt tell you how happy that makes me.

No. We need Cleary he's pissing them off immensely. We need all our fourth line. Pk masters. Our third line is dominant. So that leaves Abby fil franzen or pav or z. Soo no. I love toots. But Abby Cleary smith big rig will enforce next game. Q will stay out of it because of his jaw. Hence not dropping the gloves hen getting manhandled after the whistle last game. Maybe he's not as dumb as he looks.

I love Tootoo but Miller, Eaves, and even Emmerton are better penalty killers than he is. I would sub him for Cleary if I had to choose but only because I think Cleary is sore from the Winnik hit + the Seabrook shove into the net + the way he plays.

I honestly thought Tootoo would be a regular for the Wings, it wouldnt suprise me to see him traded in the offseason, expecially if he is riding the bench.

played 42 games out of 48 in the season, thats pretty regular if you ask me. Babs wanted more discipline for the playoffs, thats why tootsis out.

played 42 games out of 48 in the season, thats pretty regular if you ask me. Babs wanted more discipline for the playoffs, thats why tootsis out.

The thing is, we're paying him nearly 2 million/yr. I enjoy having a presence like him around, but that might be a little much to pay if he can't play regularly in the playoffs. I guess it's not an issue until we get closer to the cap, but it's something to keep in mind.

Edited by Zetts

Which was part of my problem when they signed him. He hardly played for Nashville last playoffs too. That says something about his defensive ability given he does bring energy and a level of physicality.

Though he didn't dive much and I don't remember any cheapshots, $1.9 mill for 3 years is still a lot for a guy who plays 10 minutes a night and sits in the press box come playoff time.

In 2011-12 Toots played the most regular season games of his career, 77. He only played 3 games in the playoffs. The season before, 2010-11, he played in all 12 playoff games.

Apparently, Trotz and Babs have similar thoughts about his usefulness in the playoffs.

I honestly thought Tootoo would be a regular for the Wings, it wouldnt suprise me to see him traded in the offseason, expecially if he is riding the bench.

I don't see that. Tootoo brings energy to the garden-variety games. They need someone to ramp it up and bring extra spark on the average Tuesday in February against the Panthers (or equally boring game where it's hard to get psyched up, but we still need the two points).

No one needs motivation to get ramped up during the playoffs.

Regular season games need a player with some edge and energy. During the playoffs, everyone has edge and energy.

If we had faced a team of dirty players out there pile-driving our players and getting away with it, Toots would be out there to "keep the flies off". As it is, despite some questionable hits from other teams which may or may not have been called, no one is out banging Z's head into anything as time expires.

Yet.

If that sort of thing happens, and the guys who are on the ice can't handle it, then bring Tootoo in for one game to sort things out.

During the regular season, you need to send a message to all of the other teams that you won't stand for such things. During the playoffs, you battle one team at a time, and react to what that particular team is doing at that particular time.

At this point, the Hawks haven't been doing anything that requires getting a fighter out there, and the Wings, aside from being gassed in game 1, haven't needed the extra energy.

For all we know, he's being like Downey in 2008 and providing the on-going encouragement during practice and down-times, and being the team's positive cheer-leader and motivator, as well as providing depth in the event of injury.

Side note from Hamsterland: Yes, Andrew is the full name of Drew. The late, great hamster (who died the day the playoffs started) was addressed as Drew, as is the man on the ice who recently scored a goal.

I've been a critic of Babs not playing Tootoo regularly throughout the playoffs, but there is no reason to change the lines after a big win, especially since Eaves and Miller scored yesterday.

Seeing Bickell run around after the whistles and stuff yesterday was especially humorous, considering he had 1 fight in 48 regular season games this season. The guy is built, and he's effective when he plays a physical style, but he's a fake. 8 career NHL fights.

I wouldn't mind seeing him dressed. I can understand if Babcock doesn't want to mess with a winning lineup, though. But you never know with Babcock. He changed stuff up in the Anaheim series, even when we were winning.

My biggest beef is that we're tougher than Chicago on paper, but our guys looked unwilling to oblige yesterday. When Bickell is crosschecking Kronwall or Cleary repeatedly after the play, I'd love to see Ericsson step in there. He's fought much tougher guys before.

Players like Quincey, Smith and Abby should also be willing to oblige. We're not playing against the '82 Flyers here, to be intimidated of anyone on their team.

Yes let's fight and take penalties, why stop with Tootoo? Lets see if we can bring up a goon from the minors too!!! Are you kidding me? This is the playoffs, we don't need a heavy. Did anyone touch Pavel not with Abby skating around. Bring in Tootoo for who? Miller nope Emdog nope Eaves nope Cleary nope. Teams fine don't change a thing. 26 hits in 2 periods 6 from Abby stay hard on their D.

Tootoo doesn't take that many penalties. We have people like Smith and Quincey taking stupid penalties all the time. Abby too.

Everyone thinks a guy who fights is automatically undisciplined and takes dumb penalties all the time. Same crap everyone said about Downey, when nothing of the sort was true.

I am a big fan of tootoo and didn't like seeing him sit in the first round while the 4th line was getting outplayed by a mile. however, since miller came back a couple games ago, i think the 4th line has looked solid. i wouldn't mess with it right now. it went from being a liability in the first round to being a contributor in the last couple games.

if theres injuries or someone has to move up a line, i would love to see tootoo back in, especially before bert or sammy, but unless the line goes super cold in the next couple games, i think hes s.o.l.

I love Tootoo. Heck, I named my new hamster after him. If that's not love, what is?

It's not that I don't want to see Tootoo, it's that I don't see how putting him in would improve what we have.

Our first and third lines are pretty much untouchable. That leaves the second line, where he doesn't belong, and the fourth line, which consists of Eaves, Emmerton, and Miller.

Emmerton is the weak link on that line-and I'm in no way saying that he's been bad, just that he's not as good as the other two- but he's a centre. If Miller had a history of flipping between centre and RW, I'd say, "why not?" But that's not the case.

Also we have the Todd and the Shinguard Assassin in the press box as well. I'd put them in before Tootoo.

If someone goons things up and we need Tootoo's skill set, by all means, put him in. If (God forbid) we get injuries, I'm glad he's there. As it stands, as much as I love him, there just isn't a place for him that can't better be filled by someone else.

the Todd and Shinguard Assassin! hilarious!

I am one of if not the biggest proponent of Tootoo on this site and to me the way we have shown that we are tough and that we can take hits and dish them out I don't see the need in putting Toots in there just yet. Although I do want stupid Bickell and Shaw to eat a fist. They need to be Kronwalled or Tooted™ This is coming from someone who thinks tootoo should be on a scoring line and not shoved on the last line.

Edited by hillbillywingsfan

I am one of if not the biggest proponent of Tootoo on this site and to me the way we have shown that we are tough and that we can take hits and dish them out I don't see the need in putting Toots in there just yet. Although I do want stupid Bickell and Shaw to eat a fist. They need to be Kronwalled or Tooted This is coming from someone who thinks tootoo should be on a scoring line and not shoved on the last line.

I agree and share your opinion. Tootoo has offensive abilites and we picked him up for keeping flys off, energy, pain in the assness, and chipping in some scoring.

Right now we look great and no need to f*** with lineup.....but no denying how well we looked that last week of reg season which Tootoo was a big part of.

next season he will put up 35 pts and prove he is no liability and be in fulltime come playoff off time.

He seems to have a great attitiude about his role and really enjoys being part of the Wings. Hope

He gets a shot this series or next but will understand if he doesnt

Edited by beachwing

I think playing Tootoo would be the Wings equivalant of the Hawks playing Carcillo when they had Stalberg not playing. Although I do think Tootoo is better than Carcillo.

Normaly im not for changing a lineup while we are winning but would it make sense to bring in Jordin Tootoo for game 4? He is a fresh pair of legs that can draw penaltys from time to time and right now Chicago is very frustrated and i think puting him in the line-up for game 4 may work out in our favor. I do realize that he can be prone to taking penaltys but right now Brendan Smith has that title.

Does anyone else feel like this could be a good move?

Cleary/Abdelkader/Tootoo for game 4?

NOOOOOOOOOOO!