• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#41 dobbles

dobbles

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 864 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 08:13 PM

I am a big fan of tootoo and didn't like seeing him sit in the first round while the 4th line was getting outplayed by a mile. however, since miller came back a couple games ago, i think the 4th line has looked solid. i wouldn't mess with it right now. it went from being a liability in the first round to being a contributor in the last couple games.

if theres injuries or someone has to move up a line, i would love to see tootoo back in, especially before bert or sammy, but unless the line goes super cold in the next couple games, i think hes s.o.l.

I love Maltby, but to say he wasn't a ****** is a dis-service to his career of douchebaggery.

#42 Hiei

Hiei

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 10:04 PM

I can't see tootoo in this series unless the blackhawks let BAAAAW, Dickless, and Carchinchilla run our players.

"Hit em with your purse, ya *****!" - Random Wings fans shouting at Franziska

#43 Bully76

Bully76

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 60 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 10:07 PM

I love Tootoo.  Heck, I named my new hamster after him.  If that's not love, what is?

It's not that I don't want to see Tootoo, it's that I don't see how putting him in would improve what we have.

Our first and third lines are pretty much untouchable.  That leaves the second line, where he doesn't belong, and the fourth line, which consists of Eaves, Emmerton, and Miller.

Emmerton is the weak link on that line-and I'm in no way saying that he's been bad, just that he's not as good as the other two- but he's a centre.  If Miller had a history of flipping between centre and RW, I'd say, "why not?"  But that's not the case. 

Also we have the Todd and the Shinguard Assassin in the press box as well.  I'd put them in before Tootoo. 

If someone goons things up and we need Tootoo's skill set, by all means, put him in.  If (God forbid) we get injuries, I'm glad he's there.  As it stands, as much as I love him, there just isn't a place for him that can't better be filled by someone else.

the Todd and Shinguard Assassin! hilarious!

"If I had a dime for every time I was wrong, I'd be broke."

-Stephen Colbert

#44 RedWingsRox

RedWingsRox

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,108 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 08:16 AM

No ... they all have an extra day of rest.  Keep this up and we'll get a few more days of rest before Western Conference Finals while SJ and LA slug it out  :glare:

Edited by RedWingsRox, 22 May 2013 - 08:17 AM.

#45 RyanBarnes!

RyanBarnes!

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 5,926 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 10:02 AM

I think so. Someone must adjust Bickell's attitude. Best thing would be if he skated into a Kronwalling.
"Joey (Kocur) has no fear" -Lyndon Byers
"Empty-net goals are for homos" -Al Iafrate

#46 hillbillywingsfan

hillbillywingsfan

Awww poor butch

• Gold Booster
  • 3,530 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 10:35 AM

I am one of if not the biggest proponent of Tootoo on this site and to me the way we have shown that we are tough and that we can take hits and dish them out I don't see the need in putting Toots in there just yet. Although I do want stupid Bickell and Shaw to eat a fist. They need to be Kronwalled or Tooted™  This is coming from someone who thinks tootoo should be on a scoring line and not shoved on the last line.

Edited by hillbillywingsfan, 22 May 2013 - 10:35 AM.

msg-10491-1258682020.jpg

I LIVE IN TEXAS SO I DON'T DESERVE HOCKEY

#47 beachwing

beachwing

Reader

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,253 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 11:43 AM

I am one of if not the biggest proponent of Tootoo on this site and to me the way we have shown that we are tough and that we can take hits and dish them out I don't see the need in putting Toots in there just yet. Although I do want stupid Bickell and Shaw to eat a fist. They need to be Kronwalled or Tooted  This is coming from someone who thinks tootoo should be on a scoring line and not shoved on the last line.

I agree and share your opinion. Tootoo has offensive abilites and we picked him up for keeping flys off, energy, pain in the assness, and chipping in some scoring.

Right now we look great and no need to f*** with lineup.....but no denying how well we looked that last week of reg season which Tootoo was a big part of.

next season he will put up 35 pts and prove he is no liability and be in fulltime come playoff off time.

He seems to have a great attitiude about his role and really enjoys being part of the Wings. Hope
He gets a shot this series or next but will understand if he doesnt

Edited by beachwing, 22 May 2013 - 11:45 AM.

#48 Rhah

Rhah

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 502 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 12:41 PM

I think playing Tootoo would be the Wings equivalant of the Hawks playing Carcillo when they had Stalberg not playing. Although I do think Tootoo is better than Carcillo.

#49 gowingsgo

gowingsgo

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,793 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 01:05 PM

No reason to change anything unless we have an injury. The extra day off should help that. Maybe for Game 5 he would be better suited to play if someone gets dinged up

NHL Playoffs = Mule Season. Lets Go Wings

#50 lwing

lwing

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 66 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 10:18 PM

Normaly im not for changing a lineup while we are winning but would it make sense to bring in Jordin Tootoo for game 4? He is a fresh pair of legs that can draw penaltys from time to time and right now Chicago is very frustrated and i think puting him in the line-up for game 4 may work out in our favor. I do realize that he can be prone to taking penaltys but right now Brendan Smith has that title.

Does anyone else feel like this could be a good move?

Cleary/Abdelkader/Tootoo for game 4?

NOOOOOOOOOOO!