• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Namingway

Report: Roy Appointed Avalanche Coach

Rate this topic

Guest Hatethedrake!

Do Avs fans even know who he is? I mean their fanbase originally believed the NHL started back in 1995 and ended in 2003.

Guest RedWingsDad

This strikes me as more of a PR stunt then anything. Management: "Hey, even if he ends up stinking as a couch, we should still get a nice boost in ticket sales out of the affair."

I'm sure he has coaching credentials to some degree... but he obviously would never be considered if he didn't have star power from his time as a player. Long term, this is a bad move.

Edited by RedWingsDad

The NHL has fined coach Patrick Roy $200,000 after last nights outburst. In a turn of events that unfolded for the Colorado Avalanche in the 3rd period, Patrick jumped on the ice cussing at the linesmen and referees. He snatched the puck away from the linesman and attempted to hold it up in the air, but while doing so dropped the puck.....

;)

Edited by drumnj

The Avs are such a terribly run organization. So you mean to tell me they are going to have a rookie GM, with a rookie coach, running a young team. Yeah that's a real recipe for success, who's next years #1 draft pick because they will be a lotto team again.

He's not another Gretzky. He's had a lot of success with the Quebec Ramparts and shown that he deserves the job regardless of his playing career.

I imagine Juniors is far different then NHL Edited by ben_usmc

Didn't he tell some kid to goon it up from behind the bench? Or tell his kid to beat someone up? Doesn't sound like he's very cool and collected for the job.

Oh you mean this incident?

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/news/story?id=3311529

His kid actually ended up pleading guilty to an assault charge for it. Between that & the $5000 check he ponied up to charity, he was let go with a discharge & no criminal record.

He's not another Gretzky. He's had a lot of success with the Quebec Ramparts and shown that he deserves the job regardless of his playing career.

Big difference between 16-18 year old kids and 30-40 year old men.

The NHL has fined coach Patrick Roy $200,000 after last nights outburst. In a turn of events that unfolded for the Colorado Avalanche in the 3rd period, Patrick jumped on the ice cussing at the linesmen and referees. He snatched the puck away from the linesman and attempted to hold it up in the air, but while doing so dropped the puck.....

;)

What!?! Hey, It could happen!

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=671480

Huh, didn't see that one coming. At least not yet.

What are your thoughts on seeing Patty Wah as the Avs' future coach?

I'm pretty sure Roy turned down, or was strongly speculated to be of interest and said he was not, for the Avs job a few years back. So to me, this is not really a surprise. He may have even hinted back then it wasn't the right time, maybe he wanted to stay coaching his son. I'm not familiar with the timetables on that, so just speculation on my part.