• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Namingway

Report: Roy Appointed Avalanche Coach

Rate this topic

I can't remember too many famous goalies becoming NHL coaches (let alone successful ones). Especially someone with Roy's personality, back when goalies were all a little weird.

Also, I think it's a little dangerous to have an organization run and coached by the most popular players the team ever had. Hard for fans and ownership. It's like those guys will have immunity now.

That said, I always wanted Yzerman to run the Wings when he retired, but there's certainly potential for a problem there.

Edited by GMRwings1983

No one saw this coming.

No one.

This was sarcasm, just to be clear.

The Avs know they're gonna suck for at least another three seasons. They've gotta find a way to keep people interested, get butts in the seat...make money. 2-3 top draft picks in the top 5? Patrick Roy behind the bench? No Wings every three weeks? Oh, the marketing possibilities...

Edited by Dabura

The only way I would ever go to a Dives game with Roy as the coach is if it was guaranteed he would throw some kind of tantrum or start a fight or some other kind of shenanigans. Maybe when the Dives goalies start to get lit up he appears on the bench at the start of the next period in full gear ready to go!

That would be entertaining as hell.