• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
drumnj

Babcock tells players they are soft. Pushes them to play better.

Rate this topic

I don't think Scotty was really well "liked" either for alot of the same reasons... he was very well respected and listened to though and that is what is required. Dave Lewis seemed to be opposite and had basically the same team Scotty did but crashed the team hard when it mattered.... Used to drive me insane to see Lewis on the bench emotionless and saying nothing, i wondered if he even had a mouth at times.

Babcock is proving right now just how good of a coach he is! Keep on 'em Babs!

Dave Lewis was basically a mute, unanimated Hitler, or perhaps a depressed Charlie Chaplin. Thank god his tenure was short. I was talking to some guys at work that are fans of other teams and they love Babcock's interviews. I'd love to be able to sit beside him in a sports bar, turn sideways and see him there and start a 6 hour conversation about hockey.

Oh man I hope they still have it, with six outdoor games now and all. Has anyone seen or heard anything about it? I'll be so disappointed if they don't have it with the Wings/Leafs. I've been looking forward to it with the Wings since they started.

yes they confirmed it happening and featuring the wings and leafs.

Good article, thanks for posting. The point about Babs learning from Bowman and his ability to adapt is exactly why this team is even in the playoffs. I think what was required to adapt was harder than Babs imagined, but he's finally pulled it off and here we are in the second round. Many coaches can never overcome things like that.