Photo
- - - - -

Babcock tells players they are soft. Pushes them to play better.

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#21 Rhah

Rhah

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 502 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 08:12 PM

Brunner actually even made a hit last night. Funny stat Kane has 0 hits in the playoffs. Brunner should fight him.

If its one I am thinking of, I think that was like first hit I have seen on Kane all series. I saw someone hit him near top of the circle to the left of Jimmy. Been wanting someone to get an open ice hit on Kane for awhile now, mostly just see near misses on the boards.

#22 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,015 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 08:28 PM

I remember him hitting someone behind the net and causing a turnover.

Kronwalled.net - Keep Yer Head up Kid

MONEY ON THE BOARD: $10/Kronwalling (1), $1/goal by: Nyquist, Tatar, Jurco, Sheahan, disney.com (1), Andersson, Dekeyser, Pulkinnen, Ouellet, or Sproul.  2X MULTIPLIER: disney.com.  CONSOLATION PRIZE: $5/goal by: Datsyuk (3), $3/goal by: Z (1). MOTB TOTAL: $30

#23 RyanBarnes!

RyanBarnes!

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 5,933 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 02:49 AM

"You hated him 364 days a year and on the 365th day you got your Stanley Cup ring"

-Steve Shutt, Montreal Canadiens, on Scotty Bowman.

Always liked that qoute. I imagine Babcock being somewhat similar.
"Joey (Kocur) has no fear" -Lyndon Byers
"Empty-net goals are for homos" -Al Iafrate

#24 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,851 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 03:24 AM

Well he is hardnosed no nonsense coach, if players aren't giving all they have they are going to hear it loud.

Whatever he has done this season, the team exceeded my expectations.

Sent from my BlackBerry

kftx.jpg

The Offseason of truth ...

Welcome to hockeytown Jonas aka Lundquist 2 Gustavsson!

blank cheque for The Captain or Jim Star Nil please..

#25 Nev

Nev

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,051 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 12:20 PM

During the '08 finals I had a dream Babcock was my dad.

It wasn't a very pleasant dream.... : :scared:

"If I can be totally honest, it's not a lot of guys you get impressed by. Actually, it's no one else but him. From the bench, to see what move he makes -- you're like, 'I wish I could do that.' Sometimes you sit on the bench and just think, 'wow,' and you look over to the other bench and they sit there and shake their heads, too. He has great, great skills. I'm probably not going to play with another player who has the kind of skills he has." Mikael Samuelsson on Pavel Datsyuk

#26 gowingsgo

gowingsgo

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,793 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 12:55 PM

Hope Babs tells them they are soft every game. The boys have been pushing hard the last two games. We need to go up 3-1 and deflate the Hawks

NHL Playoffs = Mule Season. Lets Go Wings

#27 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,198 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 01:10 PM

I don't think Scotty was really well "liked" either for alot of the same reasons... he was very well respected and listened to though and that is what is required. Dave Lewis seemed to be opposite and had basically the same team Scotty did but crashed the team hard when it mattered.... Used to drive me insane to see Lewis on the bench emotionless and saying nothing, i wondered if he even had a mouth at times.

Babcock is proving right now just how good of a coach he is! Keep on 'em Babs!

Dave Lewis was basically a mute, unanimated Hitler, or perhaps a depressed Charlie Chaplin.  Thank god his tenure was short.  I was talking to some guys at work that are fans of other teams and they love Babcock's interviews.  I'd love to be able to sit beside him in a sports bar, turn sideways and see him there and start a 6 hour conversation about hockey.

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

Dan Cleary is an Xbox 360.  While good for a while, it's time for the new generation to take over.

#28 Din758

Din758

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,176 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 01:42 PM

Oh man I hope they still have it, with six outdoor games now and all.  Has anyone seen or heard anything about it? I'll be so disappointed if they don't have it with the Wings/Leafs.  I've been looking forward to it with the Wings since they started.

yes they confirmed it happening and featuring the wings and leafs.

Crosby is a crybaby *****

#29 evilmrt

evilmrt

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,548 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 03:47 PM

Good article, thanks for posting. The point about Babs learning from Bowman and his ability to adapt is exactly why this team is even in the playoffs. I think what was required to adapt was harder than Babs imagined, but he's finally pulled it off and here we are in the second round. Many coaches can never overcome things like that.