• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#21 nosyt612

nosyt612

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 219 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 10:56 PM

Fellow wings fans, I am making the trip to Game 4 from out of town. I have some experience with throwing a pie; I tossed one at he UC as time expired after a win a few years ago and another during the same series after an OT goal in that same series, Game 5 I believe in 2009. I am just wondering if the crackdown that occurred recently has been backed off at all, I just don't want to get ejected from my seat that I paid good money for, it is unfortunately just not worth it for me.  If anybody has seen some tosses this year and can let me know if people are getting thrown out of the arena.  Let me know, I might be a ***** like before and hold it until the end. Just curious, I think it is a great tradition and really fires up the crowd when people do it.

Did you end up tossing an octopus tonight?

#22 BleedRed&White25

BleedRed&White25

Salty Dog

• Pip
  • 105 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 12:03 AM

Hmmm, this thread got me thinking... what if fans threw an octopus onto the ice after the Red Wings had iced the puck and clearly needed a break?  What would the referees do if it was obviously a ploy to rest the players?

I remember how many times the NBC commentator would credit a player with a "wily veteran move" to buy his linemates some extra time... wonder if they'd give the same credit to fans.   :g:

ETA: I know that there's a provision that allows the referee to assess a delay of game penalty to the home team if fans obviously are interfering, but I don't remember ever seeing that happen.  I'm curious how it would be handled.

What if we take this even further, and throw it after a Chicago goal? It may break up any momentum the hawks may have gained, and would give our guys an extra little spark before play resumed?

Hostile to the past, impatient of the present, and cheated of the future.

#23 FireCaptain

FireCaptain

This space for rent.

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,916 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 08:09 AM

Those 2 that got thrown and that landed next to each other seemed JUICY. I think someone forgot to boil them.

Most nights, my posts are brought to you by Heineken and sarcasm.
Success has a thousand fathers, failure is an orphan.
We not score, is hard to win. - Pavel Datsyuk #13

#24 Panic In Detroit

Panic In Detroit

Draftee

• 10 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 09:51 AM

^Yeah, those were nasty.

#25 NhlEndedDynasties

NhlEndedDynasties

Draftee

• 8 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 10:38 AM

Those 2 that got thrown and that landed next to each other seemed JUICY. I think someone forgot to boil them.

HAHA, those were thrown from my section, at a dumb time, and they were not boiled-- I got hit with residue. Here is my report: the section I was in had an usher who is a complete toolbag, had to tell every person not to bang on the glass...  (Section was near one of the circles, not by a bench or anything).  I went for the toss even though I had a strong feeling that if caught, the guy would do anything to get me the fine etc.  I got it out with the empty net, it was very small and I went ninja toss person to right and bro to left of me both didnt even see. Usher was facing other way.  SUCCESS.  KEEP IT UP EVERYONE!  It is a great tradition, but do it right, after goal, after winning game or maybe after a period.  And boil them, your kitchen will smell a bit, but thats what a fan deals with :)

#26 Rhah

Rhah

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 503 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 10:51 AM

HAHA, those were thrown from my section, at a dumb time, and they were not boiled-- I got hit with residue. Here is my report: the section I was in had an usher who is a complete toolbag, had to tell every person not to bang on the glass...  (Section was near one of the circles, not by a bench or anything).  I went for the toss even though I had a strong feeling that if caught, the guy would do anything to get me the fine etc.  I got it out with the empty net, it was very small and I went ninja toss person to right and bro to left of me both didnt even see. Usher was facing other way.  SUCCESS.  KEEP IT UP EVERYONE!  It is a great tradition, but do it right, after goal, after winning game or maybe after a period.  And boil them, your kitchen will smell a bit, but thats what a fan deals with :)

Way to do it the right way! Nice job.

#27 NhlEndedDynasties

NhlEndedDynasties

Draftee

• 8 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 11:25 AM

Way to do it the right way! Nice job.

Yeah too bad I was upstaged by somebody with a 5 pounder that tossed right after lol.  IDK How you get something that big in, I looked like I had a very large organ between my legs, even with the small one all packed up nice.  Not the right place, but we have to really have fan support if it goes to 6, we need that win, cant't go back to Chicago for a game 7, 3-1 seems like it is over, but if there is a detroit team that could do it, it is this one unfortunately. GO WINGS

#28 Fedorovfan

Fedorovfan

humble servant

• 45 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 11:36 AM

Toss it right in front of the Blackhawks bench. LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lets go Red Wings!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#29 hillbillywingsfan

hillbillywingsfan

Awww poor butch

• Gold Booster
  • 3,585 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 12:41 PM

I would've loved to hear what Keith was talking to Sobotka about when he picked up the first Octopus to swing it at the start of the game.

msg-10491-1258682020.jpg

I LIVE IN TEXAS SO I DON'T DESERVE HOCKEY

#30 Mitchmac33

Mitchmac33

Come on son!

• PipPip
  • 427 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 02:56 PM

I would've loved to hear what Keith was talking to Sobotka about when he picked up the first Octopus to swing it at the start of the game.

Ya can anyone get a vid of that up? I caught the very end of Sobotka swinging it and saw someone tweet that Al told him he was swinging it and Keith tried to stop him. It was just a friend, no one noteworthy to try and find the tweet.

#31 RedLightGoesOn

RedLightGoesOn

Playoff Ice...if you know what I mean

• PipPipPipPip
  • 815 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 03:31 PM

Yeah. The last two pi that were thrown didn't appear to be boiled as they left 2 stains on the ice. Saw a few of them get tossed which made my night.

40 for life.

#32 Red Wings Addict

Red Wings Addict

This is how I watch Wings games

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 09:19 PM

Yeah that move by Keith was weird huh? 

So is Keith approaching Al similar to the octopi touch of death?  As in, if you touch it it's bad luck?

#33 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 09:23 PM

The octopus at the staet was massive too