• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
drumnj

Big 3rd Period Come From Behind Win. Griffins Heading to Conf. Finals

Rate this topic

I know this isn't the right section, but no one bothers to look in the Griffins sub-forum. Hopefully it can stay here for a bit.

Griffins close out the series against the Marlies with a 3 goal come from behind in the 3rd period. Within 5 minutes Griffins get goals from 3 different players winning the game 4-3.

Tatar notched himself 2 more this game, bringing his playoff total to 8 and 11 points overall in 11 games.

Griffins have been pretty impressive so far these playoffs. Should be some good experience for those that will be up with the Wings next season. As we have found young players really grow during playoffs when everything is on the line.

I remember someone saying that if they're eliminated from the playoffs, that means Tatar can somehow return to the NHL. Not sure if that's correct.

I wish them luck, but at the same time, would rather have Tatar back than wish them luck.

He'd make us even better.

Tatar needs to be a Red Wing.

Fixed.

Guest Crymson

Hahahahhahahaahha Bad time to be a Toronto hockey fan

Bwhahahaahhaah

Yep. I watched the 3rd period. Like father, like son; the Marlies game up three goals in less than six minutes to lose this one.

Guest Crymson

Mrazek let in quite a few stinkers in this series.

So the griffins are the bruins??
I guess they'll win their next 3 games now

It was game six, not game seven.

Just posted in the sub forum about this. Great win for these guys. They've played well all season and thrived under Blashill. I hope I can make it to one of the WCF games because they're playing great hockey right now.

Closing out a tough Toronto team (that, as an aside, features Komisarek and Tim Connolly) in their house could not have been an easy task, let alone to do so in the fashion they did. They closed out the last round with a statement game and appear to have done the same here.

Hopefully the Barons are over-rested, it'd be great for the Griffins to get a jump on them right away.

But but but he was supposed to have taken Jimmys job!!!!

That stickwork looks exactly like a younger Jimmy, so why not? Jimmy's stickwork still blows...lol

I remember someone saying that if they're eliminated from the playoffs, that means Tatar can somehow return to the NHL. Not sure if that's correct.

I wish them luck, but at the same time, would rather have Tatar back than wish them luck.

He'd make us even better.

Fixed.

I don't think it matters, didn't Lashoff go back and forth to GR during the playoffs already? I think it's more about keeping Tatar in a spot where he can lead the entire team through the AHL playoffs. Its not just about him, he's allowing the entire team to have a deep playoff run, furthering development.

Yep. I watched the 3rd period. Like father, like son; the Marlies game up three goals in less than six minutes to lose this one.

From Leafs HFBoards:

Originally Posted by Mess viewpost.gif
Sadly Marlies were leading 3-1 midway through the 3rd and then gave up 3 goals in the last 10 minutes including 2 goals in less than 30 seconds apart to lose 4-3.

So Marlies season paralleled the Leafs in its finish.

I want to die again.

This team

This farm team

This whole organization top to bottom I don't, I can't.

Ouch, man. There's more good news found within the Donner Party than in Leafs Nation.

Edited by T.Low

Guest The Axe

Good for the Griffins!! Tatar will be a fulltime Wing next year

Yup. Bertuzzi and Samuelsson need to pack.

Yup. Bertuzzi and Samuelsson need to pack.

And Cleary and White. Time to bring up the overripe kiddos. Tatar is NHL ready and then some, just like our boy Goose who's been a blessing on our 3rd line when he's a top 6 player.

Griffins signed Anathasiou to an ATO also...hope he gets in the lineup

That dude's stupid fast going by the draft videos we saw. If he can get his hands to catch up to his feet he could be a lot like a Bure/Gaborik type. Maybe not as good, but one can hope. Good news to hear he signed with GR. I'll be watching his development with great interest.