• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

FlashyG

WCSF Game 4 GDT- Blackhawks 0 @ Red Wings 2 - (DET leads series 3-1)

Rate this topic

I don't want Nyquist gone, but I feel we have too many similar type players in the farm who are somewhat expendable.

I'd love to see Tatar play if we go on further in the playoffs. He could add goals to some line.

Tatar Nyquist Ouellet Sproul and Mrazek are our most attractive prospects and would garner the best return, which is why Holland refused to deal them away, because they are to valuable to give away for nothing

First 3 game losing streak of the season for the Hawks. First time ever Toews has taken 3 penalties in a game. I hope when Howard shook Gordies hand he told him we are trying to make up for the gaffe of a game the Wings played on his Birthday. (Unfortunately Gordie probably doesn't remember.... but maybe.)

Lol did anyone just see darren Elliott not know he was on TV and said "damnit"

Tukka Rask dropped an f-bomb during his post game interview yesterday. NHL Network played four or five times before they finally edited it out. Looked like someone in the interviewer group was messing with his gear or something. He glanced over, took the question from a guy, then looked back and said "You f****** serious?" Moved whatever it was then turned back and went on to praise his fourth line.

Edited by Phil Lesh

I mean is anyone in shock right now? I mean I'm sitting here happy as hell but I amf****** shocked! To me this series STILL isn't over but who would have thought we'd be up 3-1 against the "best team in hockey" in the second round. Unrea

Surprised the Wings made the playoffs; Amazed the Wings made it to the second round; and yes Shocked the Wings are up 3-1 after watching game 1. This team has no quit. So fun to watch now.

Tatar Nyquist Ouellet Sproul and Mrazek are our most attractive prospects and would garner the best return, which is why Holland refused to deal them away, because they are to valuable to give away for nothing

I don't know much about Ouellet and Sproul. I'd keep the other three.

Smith is one that might garner some interest, and he scares the crap out of me on every shift.

Bottom line is this. Can we build a team entirely on lower draft picks, sign crappy old free agents who hardly play, and still compete for the Cup every season? I think it's be tough, especially when Datsyuk and Zetterberg retire, and a new generation has to take over. We'll need stars who can play on the top lines and score tons of points. I'm not sure if Nyquist and Tatar have that in their future.

Holland, or whoever will be GM, has to take chances eventually, which means trading away some prospects. Selling the entire farm is crazy, but not everyone at the farm is unexpendable.

Tukka Rask dropped an f-bomb during his post game interview yesterday. NHL Network played four or five times before they finally edited it out. Looked like someone in the interviewer group was messing with his gear or something. He glanced over, took the question from a guy, then looed back and said "Youf****** serious?" Moved whatever it was then turned back and went on to praise his fourth line.

Haha I love it

First 3 game losing streak of the season for the Hawks. First time ever Toews has taken 3 penalties in a game. I hope when Howard shook Gordies hand he told him we are trying to make up for the gaffe of a game the Wings played on his Birthday. (Unfortunately Gordie probably doesn't remember.... but maybe.)

The win in game three was the first time they'd been beat in back to back regulation games all year.

Bettman Not Sure How Red Wings are Cheating

(AP) -- NEW YORK

May 23, 2013

National Hockey League Commissioner Gary Bettman said he was not sure how the Detroit Red Wings are cheating in leading the favored Chicago Blackhawks 3-1 in the Western Conference Semifinals. "I'm not sure how it's being done but I know the outcomes have been wrong thus far for the most part, and don't appear in any of my directives on the playoffs."

don't insult all the people who were calling for hollands head for not selling the farm, they had little faith, and really thought they were smarter than the most succesful hockey gm in the last 20 years...

You're really going to try to give Holland credit for this? Give me a break. He didn't think they had what was necessary to even make the playoffs either. It's not as if he didn't do anything because he believed in this team, he just didn't get anything done. Oh, the guys he did sign in the off-season, they're not exactly doing much right now.

And that is also just plain insulting to Babcock. What he's done with what he was given is the story here.

Just got home from the game. Another fantastic performance by Howard. The Wings, for the most part, shutdown the Hawk attack. When there were breakdowns, Jimmy was solid. I've been watching hockey for 45 years, and I think that is the first time I have ever seen a natural hattrick......in penalties! Pretty hilarious watching Toews go to the box, get out, and go right back in. Can't wait for Saturday! GOOOOO WIIINNNGGGGSSSS!!!

This came directly from hawktalk board

"CBC announcer: "The Red Wings system is really stymieing the Hawks".

Yeah, I'd say hooking, holding and interference would do that. Not sure I'd call it a "system". I'd call it cheating. But, what is cheating if the refs don't make the calls? Oh, that's right, it's called "Red Wings hockey".
Im playing the worlds smallest violin for them...like they havent gotten away with murder during the regular season

no but he refused to sell the farm for rentals... one of those players being Nyquist who is a huge boost to our 3rd line

No, he refused to give up his 1st round draft pick. Not saying it was a bad call, but get your facts straight.

Guest Crymson

Just got home from the game. Another fantastic performance by Howard. The Wings, for the most part, shutdown the Hawk attack. When there were breakdowns, Jimmy was solid. I've been watching hockey for 45 years, and I think that is the first time I have ever seen a natural hattrick......in penalties! Pretty hilarious watching Toews go to the box, get out, and go right back in. Can't wait for Saturday! GOOOOO WIIINNNGGGGSSSS!!!

How was the crowd?

When I first watched Dats and Zata playing alongside Hull I knew they would be special. I'm now watching Gus, Brunner and Andersson. I am very very excited for the next 10 years. In a year where 29 teams would have called it a reload, we're beating a Top team in their own game. Extremely proud of this group no matter how far they go. They already overachieved after winning the 2nd game against the Ducks.

I nearly pissed my pants numerous times in the last half of that third period. My god that was a close game. After the boys killed that last penalty though I knew they had it in the bag. The momentum was just there. That crowd was amazing too. The Wings are making people eat their words one game at a time

I was fighting that thought of having it in the bag, seen too many late goals in these playoffs. But got to agree, we had it.

Feels great to be up 3-1, one more win boys. Let's make it happen!

You're really going to try to give Holland credit for this? Give me a break. He didn't think they had what was necessary to even make the playoffs either. It's not as if he didn't do anything because he believed in this team, he just didn't get anything done. Oh, the guys he did sign in the off-season, they're not exactly doing much right now.

And that is also just plain insulting to Babcock. What he's done with what he was given is the story here.

lets not forget all the ton of injuries we had to deal with all year we finally got healthy towards the end of the season even though were now missing 2 key players in helm and dekeyser ... i never believed we were as bad as we were during the season i always thought wed bounce back among the top of the league in the nhl

im honestly not surprised at what were doing i predicted to all my friends we;d beat the ducks and hawks and i i was laughed at ... we got 4 lines we can play we playing great on the back end as a unit .. no norris winner but collectively overall im impressed and howard has been great

it obviously is going over peoples heads, the point is the we like our team quote that got copiously over used, so it was posted facetiously and I said also facetiously that it may insult people if you mock them for giving up on our team so quick... thats the just of what just happened, any questions? if you go through the babcock thread you will see I have given babs plenty of praise

No, he refused to give up his 1st round draft pick. Not saying it was a bad call, but get your facts straight.

he also said teams wanted him to trade prospects he was not willing to trade, get your facts straight

Hey all,

First time poster (long time lurker). Forgive me if this post belongs in a different thread. If so, MODs, please feel free to move it.

We can all praise our own guys (which I've been doing) and ripping on the Hawks' guys (which I've also been doing), but I think this game really illustrated just how outclassed Quenneville is in this matchup.

Now, I can't blame him for trying to switch up his lines for this game; he's just trying to spark something from a stagnant team.

But, as a Canadian watcher, the CBC commentators relayed the fact that he severely limited Seabrook's ice time in this game, and basically shut Kane down in the third period.

I'm all for sitting players down a bit to send a message, but it seems to me like, in this situation, you have to live or die with your star players. I know that Toews has been a no-show, that Kane has just dropped in for two brief moments to pot a couple of ultimately-non-consequential goals and that Hossa has been MIA since game one, but I think that Q fails to realize the Wings are just playing those guys incredibly well. If I'm the coach of Chicago, I just keep rolling them out there and hoping for a break or a bounce, because those guys are certainly the most likely players on the roster to create those types of situations.

To me, it's quite clear that the Wings are in Qs head. He's on the bench trying to concoct different lineups and throw less-proven guys into the fire to draw water from a rock. He's ignoring the fact that, regardless of the combinations, the Wings are taking the Hawks' stars out of this series and playing right into our hands by replacing his stars with role players. They're good role players, mind you, but not game breakers.

Anyways, I've rambled. This series thus far has been a testament to the will and ability of our players (and it's not over yet). IMO, this series has further solidified the fact that Babs is the best coach in the business and really highlighted the gap between the #1 coach and an at-best mediocre coach like Quenneville (don't even get me started on that Jack Adams nomination).

Let's go Wings. Here's to really sobering up that "Madhouse" on Saturday night with a series-clinching victory.

drew