• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

FlashyG

WCSF Game 4 GDT- Blackhawks 0 @ Red Wings 2 - (DET leads series 3-1)

Rate this topic

This came directly from hawktalk board

"CBC announcer: "The Red Wings system is really stymieing the Hawks".

Yeah, I'd say hooking, holding and interference would do that. Not sure I'd call it a "system". I'd call it cheating. But, what is cheating if the refs don't make the calls? Oh, that's right, it's called "Red Wings hockey".

Im playing the worlds smallest violin for them...like they havent gotten away with murder during the regular season

I hope he doesn't cry himself to sleep, I would hate to find out a douchehawk fan thinks that we get away with gold and the hawks are angels, at least abby should punch in kane in the face before they both cry

THE STATS GUY

@TH2NSTATSGUY

Zetterberg: with last change in Games 3 & 4, was on the ice for 37 of 40 Toews 5on5 shifts. Toews had 0 points & was -1

I know it was bigger in 3 and 4, but he didn't do too bad getting on the ice against him even in game 2 without having last change. He'd pop off bench asap, of course, it was more of a surprise that game and Q can't make changes on the fly very well. Then 3 and 4, Q had to just take it... we'll see if he has an answer for game 5. I guess this past game he tricked Babs once according to the in game interview with Bickell and Bab's said he thought their 3rd line was out there, hah.

This came directly from hawktalk board

"CBC announcer: "The Red Wings system is really stymieing the Hawks".

Yeah, I'd say hooking, holding and interference would do that. Not sure I'd call it a "system". I'd call it cheating. But, what is cheating if the refs don't make the calls? Oh, that's right, it's called "Red Wings hockey".

Im playing the worlds smallest violin for them...like they havent gotten away with murder during the regular season

Did they really expect to be given help by the refs? To be handed this series? f*** off. It's called "winning" for a reason--you have to earn it. They have exposed their weakness, and it's no heart or FIGHT. Our adversity over the course of this half season has taught this team that they have to battle and claw for every inch. We can do this, and this rag tag team believes in each other.

Now, if the Hawks can battle back and win three in a row, then they will have earned it. Kudos. If not, we will all laugh our way into the third round floating on house money, because we know that coming into this, everyone wrote us off. Feels damn good, and I couldn't be more proud of these misfits.

lets not forget all the ton of injuries we had to deal with all year we finally got healthy towards the end of the season even though were now missing 2 key players in helm and dekeyser ... i never believed we were as bad as we were during the season i always thought wed bounce back among the top of the league in the nhl

im honestly not surprised at what were doing i predicted to all my friends we;d beat the ducks and hawks and i i was laughed at ... we got 4 lines we can play we playing great on the back end as a unit .. no norris winner but collectively overall im impressed and howard has been great

We haven't won the series yet. It was obvious in game 1 that we were going to be in this series, but Chicago's no joke. We could've just as easily lost this game too; it wasn't a blowout. I'm not trying to be negative, I'm just saying, let's stay grounded here. Chicago's very, very, very capable of coming back, and just like the Wings, especially after a 1 goal game, we ought to respect that.

I'm glad you believed the whole time, but my point had more to do with the idea that Holland should get some credit for this. All of the new guys he brought in, that he figured would be playing right now, are hanging out in the press box. And I'm not exactly sold on our D, to say the least. We had plenty of breakdowns, but luckily, Howard's been absolutely outstanding in this series. If Howard was playing like he was in the first round, which wasn't bad but it certainly wasn't great much of the time, this would be a different series right now.

From the HFBoards

Look .... I don't like it either, but I said before the series that Wings are the darlings of the NHL, it would happen and Hawks would have to fight through it. Well it is happening, and Hawks haven't fought hard enough.

Since when? :lol:

Yup. I've never seen Toews get this pissed. He really is melting down bad.

I don't think I've seen any captain melt down quite as bad. Sure, Getzlaf kicked a stick, but Toews looks suicidal.

The eternal pessimist in me is terrified of an epic series comeback. Way too superstitious to be cocky. But damn, these Wings look good.

You're really going to try to give Holland credit for this? Give me a break. He didn't think they had what was necessary to even make the playoffs either. It's not as if he didn't do anything because he believed in this team, he just didn't get anything done. Oh, the guys he did sign in the off-season, they're not exactly doing much right now.

And that is also just plain insulting to Babcock. What he's done with what he was given is the story here.

This is some interesting logic. Just because the team has exceeded the GM's expectations doesn't mean he shouldn't get credit for putting the team together. A big part of our success seems to be that we have young players excelling. This is because a) those players weren't traded away and b) No players were signed to take their roster spots away and therefore they were allowed to develop. I guess you're just calling this not getting anything done.

What a miracle team these 2013 Detroit Red Wings are!!

Yeah! It's really something, isn't it? They were talking about this on the CBC broadcast, and you could tell that even they were impressed. Those last five minutes or whatever it was of the PK and then the complete shutdown during the empty net attack by the Hawks was some of the best hockey I've seen this current team play. Six weeks ago, I couldn't have guessed they would muster enough to pull off a demonstration like that.

Bravo, Babs and the boys...no matter what happens, this game tonight made me very proud to be a Wings fan.

I don't think I've seen any captain melt down quite as bad. Sure, Getzlaf kicked a stick, but Toews looks suicidal.

The eternal pessimist in me is terrified of an epic series comeback. Way too superstitious to be cocky. But damn, these Wings look good.

I agree. First and foremost, don't want to get cocky, but...

Didn't think we'd see the Hawks have this much quit in them. Up 1 against the Ducks, you just knew they were gonna bring the house at us. Up 1 against the higher-seed, even-higher-stacked Hawks, and we seem to easily quell every rush they bring into our zone.

But, it's not over yet, and I know they have the talent to make a serious move. Our boys still have to be ready for a dogfight.

How was the crowd?

The crowd was boisterous, but not at a sustained level. There were lulls, and most of the loudest cheers were for the penalty killing and Jimmy. A good crowd for sure, just not the loudest I've experienced. It did erupt when Cleary got the empty netter, as much a cheer for the "Coup de Grace", as it was a release in emotion knowing the game was salted away.

Maybe Quenneville is the reason they're losing.

This guy just can't beat us in the playoffs even when he has the better team.

He got out coached tonight, plain and simple. I can't imagine how mad he is at the plays that Babs threw at him in the third.

I expect a game 5 hawks win, though.

I feel like the Hawks can't just get eliminated in 5. I want then to, but somehow it just seems unlikely.

Then again, so did a 3-1 series lead for the Wings. The Wings are clearly in their heads, and as long as they don't get any lucky breaks to erase that we should be okay.

If all things are even on the ice, I think Babcock will outcoach Q. His bench performance in Game 7 against Anaheim shows that Babcock is bringing his best game at the same time his team is.

it obviously is going over peoples heads, the point is the we like our team quote that got copiously over used, so it was posted facetiously and I said also facetiously that it may insult people if you mock them for giving up on our team so quick... thats the just of what just happened, any questions? if you go through the babcock thread you will see I have given babs plenty of praise

he also said teams wanted him to trade prospects he was not willing to trade, get your facts straight

Perhaps your delivery is simply rough, as ultimately, none of your points really support the idea that Holland had a big role in our current success, yet you felt compelled to bring him into it. Considering Holland didn't really buy into this team either, it's tough to both criticize anyone for "thinking they're smarter than the best GM in the game" when in many ways, the "best GM in the game" felt the same as many fans about this team's chances to even make the playoffs.

And I don't buy for a second that he wouldn't have shipped off prospects for rentals if the 1st round pick wasn't a part of the deal. The 1st round pick came up as deal-breaker far more than dealing prospects, from his mouth and according to plenty of respectable sources. But again, I'm not disagreeing that he played it smart either. I wouldn't have liked it, but I think even Nyquist would be gone if he could've landed Bouwmeester or Jagr without giving up his 1st round pick, and I think he'd say the same.

But in any event, we're up 3-1 against the Blackhawks, and I don't feel like arguing much anymore. At worst, I say we agree to disagree if need be and go on with being pumped for what this team's doing right now. I think we can both agree that that's an infinitely more exciting situation than anything that went down last off-season or during most of this regular season. Edited by gcom007

If the wings can pull it out saturday. That will be a series win over the ducks and hawks. I seriously dont see how they dont make it to the finals and win it all. This team has out played the hawks in all aspects.

Same thing was said about the 2008-2009 team when they added Hossa, only to lose to the same Pens team that lost Hossa. If they can close out Chicago, SJ/LA won't be any easier. SJ has had their number in the playoffs, and LA are the defending champs.

Edited by dropkickshanahans

We haven't won the series yet. It was obvious in game 1 that we were going to be in this series, but Chicago's no joke. We could've just as easily lost this game too; it wasn't a blowout. I'm not trying to be negative, I'm just saying, let's stay grounded here. Chicago's very, very, very capable of coming back, and just like the Wings, especially after a 1 goal game, we ought to respect that.

I'm glad you believed the whole time, but my point had more to do with the idea that Holland should get some credit for this. All of the new guys he brought in, that he figured would be playing right now, are hanging out in the press box. And I'm not exactly sold on our D, to say the least. We had plenty of breakdowns, but luckily, Howard's been absolutely outstanding in this series. If Howard was playing like he was in the first round, which wasn't bad but it certainly wasn't great much of the time, this would be a different series right now.

i like our overall d minus coliacovo if we move on to the next round good chances dekeyser come back and then watch out

no norris winner but kronwall ericsson dekeyser smith kindl quincey are solid , yes theyll make mistakes but they dont stop playing mistakes and move up the puck nice

we got a hot goalie

4 lines we can roll ... the 2 best 2 way forwards in my opinion

and the best nhl coach hands down

i believe in our team

Edited by nyqvististhefuture

I feel like the Hawks can't just get eliminated in 5. I want then to, but somehow it just seems unlikely.

Then again, so did a 3-1 series lead for the Wings. The Wings are clearly in their heads, and as long as they don't get any lucky breaks to erase that we should be okay.

If all things are even on the ice, I think Babcock will outcoach Q. His bench performance in Game 7 against Anaheim shows that Babcock is bringing his best game at the same time his team is.

I'd be fine with it going to 6. I don't want to have much of a gap between series, and if we win in 5 and SJ and LA drags on to 7 (and I think it easily could), that's just a bit more rest than I like with the momentum we have going. I wouldn't want to play a team coming off of a big 7 game series after just practicing for 5-6 days. But, If the other series ends in 6, I'm fine winning in 5! I just want to win, but I'm really not getting ahead of myself. If any team in the West can come back, it's Chicago. Unless they just implode in the next game, this is likely to be a war.

Edited by gcom007

Pierre goes, "Role players on Detroit have some fresh legs, Nyquist, Brunner, Andersson, Miller... they got rest while the power plays were rolling in the 2nd.

Edzo answer: "Blackhawks role players too, Stalberg, Shaw, etc..." then I think Pierre is like "Well they were the ones penalty killing during that time"

So basically Edzo made no logical sense.

My TV was muted from the 2nd period on...

Did they really expect to be given help by the refs? To be handed this series? f*** off. It's called "winning" for a reason--you have to earn it. They have exposed their weakness, and it's no heart or FIGHT. Our adversity over the course of this half season has taught this team that they have to battle and claw for every inch. We can do this, and this rag tag team believes in each other.

Word, I couldn't have said it better myself.