• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

FlashyG

WCSF Game 4 GDT- Blackhawks 0 @ Red Wings 2 - (DET leads series 3-1)

Rate this topic

Basically a must win for both teams here with different reasonings. Wings need to win because if they allow Chicago back into this, I believe Chicago will run all the way to the bank with it. We can't afford to give them any momentum. The Hawks need to win because if they go down 3-1 I just don't see them having the emotional make-up to deal with all the adversity. It's simply too big of a hole for them to climb out of, especially when they're already frustrated. Tonight is going to be the game of games between these two. If the Blackhawks don't come out with a win here, I think they simply realize that they can't beat the Wings. Basically, both teams are going to be showcasing their best tonight, especially Chicago. If they bring their best to this game, and it still doesn't measure up to a win; they're going to be deflated and I think the series is lost for them right then and there.

My keys to the game:

1.) Defense needs to keep their feet moving, can't afford to get caught flat footed against them, especially through the neutral zone.

2.) Weathering the initial storm. Wings need to either have the game tied or leading at the end of the first. Hawks are going to be coming out of the gate flying.

3.) Keep throwing pucks down range. Crawford can't afford to rest ever in the game. Let him know that he needs to be ready for a shot at any given angle, never dismissing the possibility of a shot being released from afar and at adjacent angles.

4.) Play the body, but play it smart. The refs are going to have their whistles ready. We can't afford to not continue to finish our checks, but we're going to have to choose our times properly. Allow the Hawks to dig a hole if they want with the diving acts. The refs will start denying them the benefit of doubt.

5.) Continue the smooth and fast transition. Our transition game has been good through the past 2 games. If we got the puck, it's getting moved forwardly and efficiently. Continue this and ensure that we're making their defense stay high.

We're going to have to withstand a prolonged early barrage of shots and chances from some ultra talented, humiliated, former champions. A collection of some of the most talented hockey players in the world. We may need 6 goals tonite . I hope it's not case of us being totally spent, have hung on as long as we can, and have a big let up just as they ramp it up and bring the rain.

Either way, Jimmy needs to be prepared to get peppered from the opening puck drop, and D and forwards need to work together to clear that puck.

We're going to have to withstand a prolonged early barrage of shots and chances from some ultra talented, humiliated, former champions. A collection of some of the most talented hockey players in the world. We may need 6 goals tonite . I hope it's not case of us being totally spent, have hung on as long as we can, and have a big let up just as they ramp it up and bring the rain.

Either way, Jimmy needs to be prepared to get peppered from the opening puck drop, and D and forwards need to work together to clear that puck.

I think you're discrediting our players alittle too much. Have the Hawks not played to their full potential? Sure, one can say that but they're been very close to it. You have to look at the shutdown job that the Wings are providing. Babcock is simply out-coaching Quenvielle right now. Now that he's at home ice, he's ensuring that he gets the match-ups he wants. Zetterberg on Toews and Datsyuk on Kane. Our coach is doing a damn good job at ensuring we know how to neutralize the Blackhawks and our players and leadership cast have ensured that we're following the program. I think tonight is going to be a big game, as the Blackhawks are going to have to showcase everything they can to ensure they don't go down 3-1. Jimmy will have to get ready, but to completely dismiss our team and think that we're simply "hanging on" in this series is just asinine. Hopefully i'm just reading this completely wrong.

I'm starting to get over-confident in my hopes for this team. If they win tonight, that confidence will be justified, and I can become even more confident without being unrealistic.

Play hard, and don't let up.

Haha, brilliant work on the GDT as usual. Fil and Abby as females is hilarious every time. I really like Patty Eaves on the lines too.

I'm nervous about this one -- Chicago is going to come out in full desperation. Jimmy might see a lot of rubber again. I am not doubting the Red Wings ability to do this, though.

Go Wings!

Edited by GoWings1905

Toews comments after last game makes me confident. He said something like he thought the team played good and the effort was there just need to do it again and catch some breaks.... Hawks fans seem to think they deserved to win that game but were unlucky. I don't know about that

Toews comments after last game makes me confident. He said something like he thought the team played good and the effort was there just need to do it again and catch some breaks.... Hawks fans seem to think they deserved to win that game but were unlucky. I don't know about that

Yeah they deserved to win that game in the same way that the kids camped out in New York deserve jobs. Entitled little s***s.

Go Go Red Wings !! From Italy with love :goalie:

2.00 AM match starts !

Who's winning the match...

Hoping we can take command if the series... I'm nervous about the officiating trying to make up for that bad no goal call

I'm nervous about the officials trying to make the series more "interesting" and profitable by tying it up at two games each.

ops sorry for my english... game is correct ? :innocent:

Welcome to the boards! Match works too, it's just more classy than what we're used to.

Is it just me or has this series been excellent?? It feels like we're in the 90s hounding Roy. Let's go wings!! How sweet would a 3-1 lead be??

I think you're discrediting our players alittle too much. Have the Hawks not played to their full potential? Sure, one can say that but they're been very close to it. You have to look at the shutdown job that the Wings are providing. Babcock is simply out-coaching Quenvielle right now. Now that he's at home ice, he's ensuring that he gets the match-ups he wants. Zetterberg on Toews and Datsyuk on Kane. Our coach is doing a damn good job at ensuring we know how to neutralize the Blackhawks and our players and leadership cast have ensured that we're following the program. I think tonight is going to be a big game, as the Blackhawks are going to have to showcase everything they can to ensure they don't go down 3-1. Jimmy will have to get ready, but to completely dismiss our team and think that we're simply "hanging on" in this series is just asinine. Hopefully i'm just reading this completely wrong.

I was with you until you used the term assinine to describe your perception of my post. It was only a couple of games ago they dominated us for a lot of reasons, a major one being because we could not be counted on to show up every night.

Yes, you did mis read: I pefaced by stating "I hope it's not a case of...".

I don't know why I keep thinking I'll get respectful discourse here.

Chicago's had a little time to regroup and get their act together, reload, and come out gunsablazzin. I hope we continue to beat them.

I'm nervous about the officials trying to make the series more "interesting" and profitable by tying it up at two games each.

I think the best thing the refs can do in this game for both teams is just let them play. Call anything flagrant/dangerous, otherwise their whistles need to be firmly planted in their asses to make them think twice before blowing them. Is this penalty worth having to taste your own asses, refs? The new litmus test.